1 comment

Holiday

Cara continued her story of her dream:

He walked up to me in the car, I almost yelled. someone had gotta get away from this dude.

Cara had to go to the NYE party! She waved out her paper and hurried downstairs. She grabbed her car keys.

Cara got in the car.

"DD! IM LEAVING!" she shouted at her younger sister playing in the front yard with her friend, Karen

"Bye, CC!" shouted Detroi back

Cara backed out of her driveway.

BEEP. BEEP.

What traffic!

Cara finally arrived at the NYE party.

"CARA!" boomed Josh

"Joey!" screams Cara, "So good to see you."

"Have you heard about Zoey?"

"Yes. I'll miss her."

"Well, come meet my friend, Mac. I think you'll like 'im."

"Okee."

They walked over to a table.

"Cara, this is Mac. Mac, Cara."

"Nice to meet you," Mac said

"Same to you, Mac." Cara smiled. He was nice.

"Why don't you guys talk while I go get some drinks. You enjoy yourselves." Josh left

"Well, happy new year!" Mac said, "Do you have any... plans? Besides this?"

"What do you do?" Cara asked

"Oh. Um, I am an actor." Mac said with discomfort

"No kidding!" Cara said excitedly, "I'm an actress! I've been in twelve movies, five musicals, and ten plays! I gotta be Sarah in 'Finyu', Deb in 'Octopus', Maria in 'The Sound Of Music', Dorothy in 'The Wizard Of Oz', Laurie in 'Someday Romance and I played Redstone in 'Redstone'!"

"Cool!" Mac exclaimed, "I've been in thirty movies, ten musicals, and fifteen plays since I was fourteen! I played Finny in 'Carpool', Marcus in 'In Love', and I really loved playing George in 'When the car goes missing...'"

"WOW! Bet you fifty-five dollars I'll be in 'Campfire'. Kidding. I already am. I'm playing Trisha."

"Wow! I'm playing 'Zeven' in the movie! Have we met before?"

AACK!

Cara woke up from her dream. And, seventy-seven miles away, so did Mac.



January 02, 2020 22:59

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Ruby Towvim
21:24 Jan 03, 2020

I LIKE IT!

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.