0 comments

Fantasy Fiction Science Fiction

An apocalypse is a catastrophic event in which evil is defeated

and the present age is brought to a close, and a new age begins.

Lore-Masters Chronicles


     Just when it seemed homo sapiens would destroy themselves and their home planet, rendering it uninhabitable, everything changed. That was the day it began raining golden glitter all over the planet in showers and massive thunder storms. The Glitter Rain lasted for thirty days and nights. During these rains neither the stars, the sun, nor the moon were visible. Not one speck of the planet escaped the falling of the brilliant sparkling golden glitter.


On that same day all wars stopped. Soldiers laid down their weapons and began to surge toward home. Squabbling and cruelty ceased. It was more than a sign. The Glitter Rain was a miraculous gift that immediately began to reveal its power to heal and transform negative energy into positive energy.


No one could escape the changes no matter who they were or where they lived. Each grain of golden glitter contained immeasurable power of cosmic Light and Love. The golden glitter was ubiquitous and inexorable. Its effect on humans was complete. Grains of glitter entered humans’ noses and ears making its way into their minds. Those who were completely corrupted by hate, greed, and selfishness couldn’t withstand the power of the glitter and so were eliminated. Those whose minds resonated with the Rain Glitter’s powers were transformed. That is why quarreling and cruelty were instantaneously eliminated from human behavior. Fears were transformed into courage. Deception was transformed into truth and honor. Selfishness was transformed into altruism. Hate was transformed into love. The dark corners of the humans’ minds were cleansed by the Glitter Rain.


When the Glitter Rain stopped, the sound of laughter filled the air everywhere. Flowers grew and burst into bloom in parched deserts. In the cities, pollution disappeared. People tumbled out into the streets scooping up glitter as they walked about noticing and talking about things that needed cleaning up. The golden glitter disappeared in seconds from their hands leaving distinctive patterns of energy lines on the palms of their hands. Ideas formed collectively in their minds and then the changes began. Everyone was engaged.


The Glitter Rain marked the end of one epoch, which became known as the Epoch of Greed, and the beginning of the new Epoch of Glitter Rain. In the new epoch, greed, hatred and xenophobia were cleansed from the minds and hearts of the surviving people on the planet. The effect on the planet itself was that widespread health and beauty were restored to it. Rivers flowed strong and clean; seas were able to support life again. Desertification stopped and soil was restored to health too. The best change of all was that homo sapiens now viewed themselves not as dominators of nature but as caretakers. Over time, some humans even learned to communicate with different species on the planet. These people were called Whisperers. There were Tree Whisperers, Eagle Whisperers, Ant Whisperers, Bee Whisperers, and on and on. They formed a collective guild known as the Nature Whisperers Guild who worked together with their combined knowledge gained from nature itself to save life on the planet from the encroaching oblivion rife in the Epoch of Greed prior to the Glitter Rain when deprivation, suffering, domination, and lack of empathy among humans had been in full sway causing great problems for all life on the planet.


In the Epoch of Glitter Rain oppression of others became anathema to all. Sharing and caring became common amongst the humans who were the recipients of the transformative powers of the Glitter Rain. In the millennium prior to the Glitter Rain epoch, the planetary population of humans had risen to eight billion, but in the last century of that epoch, and especially in the last decades, billions of humans had already died succumbing to wars, pestilence, pandemics, famine, conquest, climate change, and purges of tyrannical governments. Later historians estimated the global population had decreased to between one and two billion when the Glitter Rain commenced just in time to turn the tide on destruction.


Those who remained alive at the end of the Epoch of Greed had also suffered but not as intensely as though who were eliminated. This was so for a variety of reasons, not the least of which was their stalwart courage in the face of unspeakable evil to retain a strong connection to nature wherever they lived, such as those who created and tended roof gardens in cities.


It was never scientifically proven in rational terms why the Glitter Rain came. Those scientists who later studied and analyzed the times just before and just after the Glitter Rain arrived at a consensus that nature’s invisible elementals heard the intense pleas for help from all life on the planet—from the smallest molecules to the giant flora and fauna of nature, as well as from brave, concerned humans who kept the faith they would be heard. Nature’s invisible elementals did indeed hear those pleas and sent the Glitter Rain to allow a conscious reset for life on the planet. The Nature Whisperers Guild flourished as a consequence of this reset.


The changes from the Glitter Rain continued beyond the actual event. One of those changes was what happened to garbage dumps around the world. Before the Glitter Rain these had been unspeakable sites of filth and pollution. Yet, in the midst of that unhealthy ugliness there had been young scavengers living and sorting out anything metal that could be sold for a small return of money to provide those scavengers with a meager living.


After the Glitter Rain, the garbage dumps were steadily transformed. Within the first century of the new epoch, any waste that was carbon-based was the first to be transformed into workable soil. After about a century more, the plastics in those dumps steadily became biodegradable and this added to the richness of the workable soil. Finally, there came a day when only metal scraps were all that remained in the garbage dumps. What happened with those metal scraps was truly inspiring. The surviving descendants of the scavengers had planted, grown, and harvested food and/or fiber crops in the workable soil to feed and clothe the people. They made the decision to donate all the scrap metal to the Global Artists Guild that had sprung up during the first century after the Glitter Rain. The artists went to work creating and dispersing metal sculptures to chronicle the Glitter Rain and express themselves with positive messages inspired by the ancient inscription that was their motto: “Through art, they turned Darkness into Light.” The artists turned the scraps of metal into sculptures reflecting joy, love, and hope. The transformative work of the metal scrap sculptors inspired and nurtured other artists such as musicians, instrument makers, painters, poets, lore-masters and more to work collectively to bring evermore positivity into the lives of the descendants of the human survivors of the Glitter Rain. Likewise, the plastics in the oceans, which had been choking life in the oceans, was transformed into microscopic plankton (both phytoplankton and zooplankton); thus, restoring the marine food web. This started a chain reaction of positive effects on the planet as well for the survivors and their descendants. The human spirit blossomed as never before in the known history of the planet.


Governments, both global and local, were formed on the principles of equity, cooperation, and true justice for all. Because greed, competition, and hate had disappeared from the human ethos, such past aspects of negativity were no longer part of human behavior. Altruistic ideas that had glimmered with fragility before the Glitter Rain now reigned supreme amongst humans everywhere. New jobs appeared that favored care, love, and protection of people and the planet. For instance, Water Protectors was a recognized avenue of employment across the globe. The Guild of Lore-masters had handed down stories about what happened to water protectors before the Glitter Rain. These brave and well-intentioned early water protectors were forced to make enormous sacrifices of time, energy, and personal resources to combat ultra-greedy, corrupt corporations and individual polluters through their efforts to protect the water for the people. Sadly, despite their efforts, they often failed the people in protecting the water so essential to life. With negative human behaviors such as greed, selfishness, hate, and corruption obliterated and/or transformed by the Glitter Rain, positive human behaviors designed to enhance the common good proliferated and nurtured life on the planet.


Quantum thinkers, artists, intuitives, truth chroniclers, lore- masters, scribes, and humanitarians were highly valued everywhere on the planet. The quantum thinkers and intuitives working together were able to harness thought vibrations and that ability spread inexorably to newborns. This led to a global telepathic society. Because all were telepathic to one degree or another, rules which governed humans everywhere became entrenched deep within human DNA, psyches, and societal organizations. For instance, lying became impossible to do successfully. Everyone knew Truth through the quantum vibrations embedded in language and pictorial communications telepathically sent. Disinformation and misinformation were no more. Anyone who even tried to lie was instantly noticed telepathically by the thought monitors; then collected by the thought monitors from wherever they were and sent away to Thought Rehab. These were known and impartial consequences to all for even attempting to lie. Once installed in Thought Rehab, skilled quantum thinkers and intuitives would identify, neutralize, and transform whatever within that entity had led them to try to lie. The techniques used to accomplish this caused no suffering and were highly effective. There was no record of any recidivism with respect to Thought Rehab. Thus, the positive transformation of humans continued steadily to change after the Glitter Rain event. Many of these changes over time became encoded in the DNA of descendants of humans who survived the Glitter Rain.


When the next millennium after the Glitter Rain dawned, it was a very different world than it had been before the Glitter Rain. The history of the Glitter Rain had been well-kept by generations of chroniclers, scribes, lore-masters, and artists throughout the centuries as a cautionary tale of the near destruction of the planet and its life forms due to the negative energies of greed, hate, competition for resources, and pollution engulfing both the planet and the people. These forces had made the planet nearly uninhabitable for life with corruption, desire for supreme power, hate, and xenophobia fueling the whole mess.


The coming of the Glitter Rain was celebrated around the globe annually throughout the centuries so that the cautionary tale of The Glitter Rain Apocalypse continued to gain power as the centuries rolled by. Would this tale remain unadulterated and resonant with the people, or by some twisted turn of fate, would another cleansing reset become necessary to protect life on the planet in the future?

Only time would tell…



March 02, 2024 04:21

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.