3 comments

General

Day 1

Dear Diary, 

Tonight is the first night that I feel really uneasy. Who would have thought that I would be bearing an embryo in my womb after 8months of marriage? I still can't believe the 2 red lines on the pregnancy test. I just can't contain my happiness and anxiety at the same time. After knowing such condition, I am quite worried in a way if I may pursue my flight to Lake Holon tomorrow morning and another flight to Camiguin after a week. Crazy, isn't it? Whew! Hectic, indeed, when in fact I just came from an educational tour in Bohol. Wohoooo! Anyways, thanks for lending a page though. 😉


Day 2


Hi Diary, 


Yes, it's me again! You wouldn't believe what I just did. I pursued the trip! In fact, I am in General Santos already by now, together with ny husband and 3 other friends. Tomorrow morning, we'll be hoppping on a Vhire for the Lake Holon Kule Trail. I wonder how the embryo in me is trying to figure out the adventure that we'll be into. I am figuring out how she or he will be reacting by tomorrow. Anyhow, 'til tomorrow. Oh wait later' coz it's already past 12 midnight. 


Day 3


Hello Diary, 


Yep, yep, yep! It's me again. Guess what? I am now in Lake Holon freezing in the cold. We're in the tent but the place is freezing cold. You wouldn't believe the motorcycle ride---really bumpy though. I felt like giving up a while ago. I was holding my lower abdomen though and trying to talk to the embryo weirdly. I was trying to tell of holding on 'coz his or her mom is really crazy about pursuing such adventure. I guess there were signs for me to give up though because the rain poured really hard making us all wet and of course, the road slippery. Definitely, this day is unexplainably challenging. Hopefully minutes form now will just be fine. Yes, you are absolutely right. It is another late night talk with you anyways. 


Day 4

Dear Diary, 

This day is really exhausting. It was another trail going back. There are a lot of downhills. Though, it is already a bonus to get to see all those beautiful sceneries. Still, it is but a bumpy ride once again since we still need to go through the motorcycle journey. Trying to make the best out of it, my companions still opted to go through the other sceneries we will be passing by. What can I do then? I joined still, not minding the exhaustion already. Nevertheless, it was all worth it. My eyes are full and my heart as well. Surely, the baby in me, was happy, too seeing all those sceneries amd experiencing another adventure today. 


Day 5,

Hi Diary, 

Yes, we're home! We are definitely home but tomorrow is another flight to hop into. Yeah right. You heard me and you read it right. It is not my fault I guess that I have all these flights with me. This is another promo flight we just grabbed with my husband though. We never expected this little blessing to come at this time after booking such promo flights. Well, this time, I am quite confident telling you that we will still pursue for Camiguin by tomorrow. Heheh, crazy? Yes, this is your crazy client again. I believe the adventure in Camiguin will not be as tough as that of Holon though. I want to feel the sea breeze. I want to see Camiguin this time. I am excited indeed! 


Day 6

Hello Diary, 

It's me once again in Camiguin! Yes, you heard me right. I am in Camiguin with the baby in my tummy and my husbandry. I enjoyed the calmness of the place today as we are staying in the humble abode of my husband's uncle. Minutes from now is again another day to look forward. 


Day 7

Hi Diary, 

This place is really one of the amazing places I have been to. Oh, I so loved the white sand beaches. I so enjoyed the waves tossed through my skin. I am so delighted with the cemetery in the middle of the sea. Wow! Speechless indeed. If only you can go experienced what we did a while ago, definitely you will be able to say that you have lived the life you have well and good. 


Day 8

Dear Diary, 

I am so full tonight. Yeah, sad to say, sorry for not inviting you over dinner though. Hehe. Uhm, well, I am the most valuable person today since you know, I am pregnant. Today, the adventure is just calmly by the religious places which reminded me also of how great God is with all these magnificent creations He has made. I can't sleep though because I can't breathe in a way due to the full-packed tummy. I guess, the baby is happy with how I am going as well. I can feel her or him in a way but maybe I am also overthinking. Anyways, it was a great last day here in Camiguin. 


Day 9

Dear Diary, 

Home, sweet home! Yes, we are home once again. Another late night to spend with you because I would like to air out my anxiety over my first check-up tomorrow with the ob-gyne. Whew! I don't know what to feel. I have been hearing a lot of feedbacks over the internet though. It's painful. Others say, it was just fine. Others overly react as if this will be the first and the last since girl, it's deadly. Say, what? Well, with all these in mind, I just need to shut ut out and focus on my first-hand experience by tomorrow. Hopefully, it will just turn out fine. Hopefully, the doctor will not reprimand me for all those I have been through. Hopefully, the baby is just fine and still breathing despite all the breath-taking adventures that his or her mom has gone through for days and weeks. Oh goodness! Wish me luck though buddy. I can do this. We can do this. 

Day 10

Dear Diary,

I'm fine though. Don't overthink. I woukd just like to confirm all my hopes. What do I mean? Uhm, I was reprimanded for what I have done. Though it was a great feeling to go through all those adventures but in a way, it hit me there. It hit me in the sense that I am to be a future mom of a child in me but I have some kind of the selfishness of thinking only of myself for the sake of all those experiences. Anyhow, it was done already and I am glad we both mad eit until today. The sad part anyways, yes, it is not the scolding that makes me sad but the recommendation that I need to have at least 2 weeks bed rest. Yeah, you heard me. It is not one day or 2 or 3 but 2 weeks. Can you imagine that? Even simple washing of plates is definitely not allowed. Well, I tried protesting on that simple matter but I lost the conversation. So I guess, it is a goodbye for now because I know you will be bored of what I will be doing for the next two weeks. See you then after such weeks, okay? Hang in there! Thanks for listening to my crazy adventures.

April 10, 2020 14:26

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

3 comments

Wilma Bintad
07:07 Apr 16, 2020

We have decisions in life and it is really up to us to proceed with our choices.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Wilma Bintad
07:06 Apr 16, 2020

This story also encourages everyone to still keep chasing their dreams and pursue them especially when opportunities show up then, be it travels or whatever so that life is lived to its fullest and with no regrets then.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Wilma Bintad
07:04 Apr 16, 2020

This story is actually true to life. It was troubling especially for a first-time mom who has all the worries the world can offer.

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.