0 comments

Christian Fiction East Asian

Man is describe that he is in power if he is holding a high position working in a prestigious company receiving all sorts of favors when ii is offered to him. This man is holding an executive position to manage many people under him. They call him Sir Pip, in short for Petronilo. Being an Operations Manager there are all kinds of reports on top of his table he has to attend to. His foremost agenda is to spread the Word of God to those people under him bearing in mind that he would not abuse the power he has on his hands so he picked the members of his church to hang out with. Since thay are his friends the abley started to form their group to eat together in one place before going home after work. It is strictly prohibited that they should not order the hard drinks but they were not to control themselves the tempting taste of beer and hard liqour. They were four in the group and they explained to their families that they had worked overtime. Sir Pip didn"t explain to his submissive wife Lorena why he is late , his one word to her is enough about his working overtime or late meeting at work. Lorena has to work hard too. Sir Pip don't give him the full amount of his salary telling her that he has to send money to his family in the province since his parents are depending on him for survival when the harvest is finished in their farm they will wait for the next harvest to come. Besides the high cost of farming is sometimes hard to determine how much is left for the family until the next harvest time. Sir Pip and Lorena seldom talk over this matter being afraid of getting into war words when everybody knows a family man must attend first to his family's needs. Soon the everyday escapade in a restaurant bar reach the higher executives and warned Sir Pip that they will lodge a disciplinary action against him if he will not stop this unfavorable actions he is doing besides it is reflecting the company's reputation that their employees must be acting appropriately. Sir Pip when he brings his family to the church where his chldren followed him intently while he camouflage his real character to them that he is a mixture of bad and good. As he asserts to himself when he heard one sermon in the past that he can be forgiven of his 72 times offences in the eyes of God and man. So Sir Pip can ran away from his inappropriate actions against his company, his church and to his family. They decided with his group not to have their daily drinking anymore but they had look another place to go. The temptation of winning big at the casino led them there thinking they will no longer work with the big win that they could bring home. Lorena felt the pinch of financial hardship since the allowance for her kids can't meet all their needs. A God fearing, a dedicated mother to her children she tried to augment her earnings bringing items to work and sell them to her co-workers in the hospital. Being a nurse is not as easy when patients depend on her service to look after their health and well being. Her clothes are sold underground by putting items infront of their lockers without a notice having arrange with her co-employees that the item to be place there during that day. They buy her items being cheaper besides they won't go to the store anymore and it is not time consuming. If Lorena could make it five times daily her sales of the items it helps her with her weekly budget for food at home. Her four children two boys and two girls noticed what their mother is doing. They can't ask their father being very strict to them. A single offense against him meas not only a thirty minute lecture but up to two or three hours. Most of the time it is their mother who attends anything they need in their household even home repairs and water connection problems. It seems like something is going on but Lorena keeps herself busy to make things appear very well, a happy household which is true with the mother and children. There father didn't change his ways until Sir Pip receive a warning from the church that he will be disfellowship when his friends at work reported him about his wrongdoings. Not only his drinking, his gambling but he is also dating a young girl and they were seen together at a resort that made his co-workers very upset. How about his family? Why can't Sir Pip stay away from his sinful nature? Isn't it that in every marriage vow , if it is taken seriously when God said , It is only death that could separate a man and a woman that He has united in marriage and I qoute" For richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, till death do us part". Soon many problems crop up that Sir Pip can no longer do his duties diligently so the company demoted him. He can no longer go with his friends when they go to the restaurant. He can no longer go to the casino to play his favorite card games. He can no longer send the allowance of his parents, He has to take a ride, no longer using a company car and the worst thing he has now a serious illness. Since Lorena is working in the hospital Sir Pip can go for a regular check-up paid by his company insurance. His children are going to school as usual, they no longer go to church since their father left because of the church warning. One time Sir Pip is confined at the hospital due to his high blood pressure caused by the pressure at work and eating junk and unhealthy foods , his drinking outside her home not showing to his children or they might taste it too. A good boy at home but a bad boy in other places. At the hospital looking at the hanging intravenous solution he came to realize why he is now in the hospital languishing by himself without any visit from his friends whom he shared his earnings and even his parents who could hardly pay their fare to come and visit him. So this is life, he said in his mind, " people draw near to you if they can get something from you, You're left alone by yourself in a lonely place like this". Going back to his past , he repents what he has done. He didn't safeguard his high position thinking that he is the only one who can dictate where he wanted to be. Cautiously that can happen if all things are in place not mixing any habit that ruined his career. What this man is facing right now are multiple problems caused by his being irresponsible, why his hardwork lead him to fatlure in all aspects , to his company, his church and his family. How long will he be in the hospital and how long will his whole wellness get back is not known. The only thing he is sure is the loving care of Lorena and his children.

November 25, 2023 13:57

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.