0 comments

Romance

Mother! Oh Mother as if it's not enough you had to come and spoil my wedding!! I shouted on the top of my voice.

My mother was a single parent who was an alcoholic and at the same time had mental health issues. she raised me, her only child, under a very difficult situation, to say the truth I thank God am still alive.

On this particular day, she had escaped from the rehabilitation Centre, I don't know how she managed to do it. Am still puzzled to date!

You ungrateful child!!! She shouted backed, how can you get married to your own father???

Shock on me!!! First I feel as though air has been sucked out of my lungs, I loss my balance and fall down wearing my beautiful wedding gown, pap! On the ground.

Before I come to my senses my mother was on me, beating me like a dog! Tearing my beautiful well embroidered white flawless gown and spoiling my beautiful makeup. Am confused not even able to utter a single word out of my mouth, I mean am embarrassed!! It's my fairy tale wedding changing into a horror movie!!

The last time I saw my mother was a few weeks back when I went to tell her about my wedding of which she cared less, in fact I introduced my fiancé to her and she never said a single word not even hello but she looked at him with lustful eyes, I was ashamed of her behavior and apologized to my fiancé.

Luckily for me my fiancé grabbed her and freed me from her grip.

My mother kept shouting, that my fiancé was indeed my father and insisted that she still loved him. Imagine she accused me of stealing her husband who she claimed was my father!! My father whom I have never known or seen all my life!!!

By this time all the bridal party had come to witness what the commotion was all about!

The priest who was supposed to perform our marriage vows came running, what is happening here? He asked?...

Before I could answer his question, my mother had managed to free herself from my fiancé's grip, she came to where I was standing and slapped me so hard that I fell on the ground for the second time!

She was again grabbed and now held tightly by the security officer who had just arrived on the scene.

She an evil,mean and spoilt child!! Shouted my angry mother! How can my own daughter lock me up in a rehab centre for mad people then want to marry her own father!!! Who is insane here between me and her, shouted my dear mother!

Now everyone is confused and even some are starting to sympathize with her...

Oh dear me, is this my perfect wedding or my worst nightmare?!! I ask myself. I am getting confused with the situation, am crying hysterically trying to make sense of what is happening!!!.

My fiancé comes to my side and try to comfort me but I push him back with a slap on his face!

What is wrong my love? My fiancé asks me? Do you believe what your mother is saying? He continues, come on! Look at me, do you think am your father? Shame on you!!! He shouts at me!

I scream at him! I found you and my mother kissing, for heavens sake, how can you explain that?!!. I shout back at him!

Now my fiancé cools down, and try to explain the situation. He said, just as I had finished dressing, I heard someone banging on the door heavily, I opened quickly and immediately your mother came in, grabbed me and started kissing me. I was shocked and before I could pull her away from me, you immediately came in, my fiancé continued explaining his part of the story.

But why did you kiss her back, you would have resisted her!! I shouted back to my fiancé.

We were dressing in adjacent rooms, so when I heard the loud banging in his room, I rushed as quickly as possible to go check on the love of my life, my handsome prince charming! fully dressed in my beautiful well embroidered wedding gown....

I almost fainted on what I saw!! At first I thought no this is not real but sadly it was actually happening! My fiancé and my own mother were kissing passionately... No words could possibly describe how I felt at that instant!

My fiancé continued to explain that he was very shocked and he froze because he could not believe that my mother, the mother of his wife to be, had actually grabbed him and was in fact kissing him! That's why he did not push her back!

Or did you enjoy kissing my mother? I accused my fiancé, looking at him with red hot eyes!!

At this point, the priest intervened, calm down my children he said, love endures much....

Just as the priest was talking, we heard a loud crush!! As though windows have been broken!!!

We all looked at that direction of the crush!!! We were all shocked with mouths agape!

Oh my God!! I screamed!!

My dear mother had freed herself from the security officer who was holding her and she threw herself out of the widow, the building was a five story building and we were on the fifth floor! Mother! Oh mother!!! I screamed!!

We all rushed to the lift which unfortunately was out of order!

In my beautiful well embroidered wedding gown, I run down the stairs like a prey running away from the hunter! I had to remove my shoes, so I ran barefoot.

On reaching at the parking where my mother's lifeless body lay, my fiancé tried to hold me back, of which I resisted.

She's dead, am sorry said the man who trying to check for a pulse on my mother's body.

I wailed! I screamed on top of my voice, Mother! Oh mother! Did you have kill yourself on my wedding day!!!

mother! Oh mother!!! Why did you choose to die on my wedding day!! I rolled down on the ground uncontrollably, yes rolled on the hard ground spoiling any beauty that was left on my beautiful wedding gown!

Beautiful wedding now turned to a sad funeral!! Will I ever get married!!!

The pain was too much for me to bare, I fainted!!!

July 28, 2020 12:33

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.