0 comments

Holiday

"Oh please, Fred, please can we go to the beach? Pretty please with cream on top?"

"No," Fred said. "I would rather go hiking in the mountains, Jenny."

"Don't you call me Jenny," Jennifer snapped back. "We are going to the beach, so bye bye, no arguing."

"I won't move. push or pull, my dear wife, that won't happen. WE ARE GOING HIKING."

"No,"

"Yes,"

"BEACH!"

MOUNTAIN!"

Yells of 'beach!' and 'mountain!' were thrown back and forth until it was unbearable. Finally, Mrs. smith and Mr. smith, their kind neighbors, knocked on the door. "What's all this fuss, my dear friends? please stop, I suggest you should quietly decide without any screaming,"

Jennifer blushed and Fred scratched the back of his head in embarrassment. When they were sure that their neighbors left, they both sat down quietly. Nobody spoke for a long moment. Finally, Fred broke the silence by saying, "How about we go to Hawaii? We might have some fun there,"

"NO!" Jennifer snapped.

"You're impossible to reason with, Jenny,"

"DON'T YOU CALL ME JENNY!" Jennifer said, glaring at Fred with all her might.

"Uh...fine, fine, just calm down,"

With a huff Jennifer sat down. After some time, Fred secretly booked a ticket to Hawaii, saying to Jennifer that he gave up and that they were going to the beach where he booked a hotel in. First Jennifer was suspicious that he agreed quickly, but later she became happy. After this, She allowed him to call her 'Jenny'.

Time passed. Soon, they were setting off to the beach, but in reality Hawaii. Jenny didn't like Hawaii for a reason: Her parents fought that day, and left to different parts of the world. Jenny's mother dragged her all the way away from her father, and they traveled the world together, much to Jenny's anger. So a few months ago they were in India, but now they were in Singapore.

The plane lifted off the runway. Jenny smiled - she was going to the beach! Fred just stared at her ruefully, thinking of the things he had done. He hated lying to Jenny- but he wanted to swim in the sea- not a small, silly beach which was a recreation of the beach. He knew Jennifer to well. He knew she wanted to go to a place called fungo! in Sweden where a recreation of a beach was there. Jenny liked it there because one minute you were in a beach, and then you walk a few steps and in front of you is a cafe! Fred didn't like this. He could easily swap mountain climbing for swimming, but for exchanging hiking or swimming for fungo? never.

Once they reached their destination Jenny looked outside hoping to breath in the fresh air of Sweden, only to breath in beach air. she frowned.

"Fred, I think we went on the wrong plane...this smells like Hawaii...let's go now!!" Jenny said.

"Uhm...I hate to say this, but this was intended Jenny dear." Fred guiltily said.

With one look at him, Jenny knew. "HOW DARE YOU?" she roared.

"Jen-" he started, only to hear Jennifer roar, "DON'T YOU CALL ME JENNY! YOU LIED!"

saying this, Jenny stormed out of the plane, people jumping away from her path.

A few hours later, Jennifer opened the door angrily, with Fred trailing behind her. She took her suitcase and went into her room, slamming the door so hard that Fred winced. "I knew this wasn't a nice idea....I know what she will do next. I know her...she will try to escape. Last time, she was angry that I ate all her cookies that she escaped to London, and I had to catch her while she was buying buns," he muttered half to himself. And he was right. In the room she started to pack her suitcase, ferociously throwing clothes inside. When she was done, she kept the lock and she opened her window. "This time, I'm going back to India, where I wanted to be in before Fred came into my life."

Hauling her suitcase, she threw it out the window, and she jumped out, landing with grace. "good thing I took parkour classes,"

Meanwhile, Fred didn't even notice. He ate some chocolate buns he stored in his bag, and he went to sleep. After a few hours, he woke up to notice 3 things:

one: Jennifer's room's door was unlocked.

two: All her belongings disappeared.

three: Jennifer herself was not to be seen.

"oh dear, the inevitable happened. She escaped! oh dear, oh dear, where did she go? last time I was lucky enough to find her ticket to London, but now she took everything with her!" Fred looked at the sky, or rather the ceiling. "Why is this happening to me? I am good. I try my best to be good to her? Why me?"

He wailed and wailed, but that did no good. Finally he gave up. Meanwhile, Jenny was in the plane, listening to music, finally free of Fred. She could now go wherever she wants- without Fred's nagging. She sighed. "I AM FREE, FREE!" She sang, not knowing how much Fred missed her. A few years passed. Fred had to suffer the consequences of what he did. He sighed. He missed Jenny so much. He got up...and froze. A big knock-knock! sound was coming from his door. He made his way to the door, his footsteps coming closer to the wooden wall. When he opened the door, he saw Jennifer in front of him, smiling. "Jen-" he started, when suddenly Jennifer screamed, "DON'T LIE TO ME AGAIN! AND DON'T CALL ME JENNY! AND.....I missed you." she said fiercely. Fred blinked. Jennifer just stared at him, puzzled. After a long moment of staring and blinking, they both burst out laughing. After that day, they didn't scream at each other anymore. They acted like friends- And their neighbors thought it was a dramatic improvement. they both lived together happily- and they bought a house in Hawaii. Jenny got fed up of holding the past, so she let it go. Now Hawaii isn't a bad memory...it's only a memory of happiness for Fred and Jennifer. She even improved a lot. Instead of screaming, she tries to sort things out, and Fred even stopped calling Jennifer 'Jenny' much to her delight.

The End.

September 15, 2020 16:02

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.