0 comments

East Asian Fiction Romance

The Art Exhibit will be held in the middle of March at the gallery of a Five Star Hotel in the metropolis. Marjorie and Hector agreed to attend the event thinking they would be able to meet the well known National Artist of the whole country. Why they were so anxious to meet him being their classmate in their elementary grades who learned the basic colors and the art of painting. First , when their teacher let them identify the basic colors in their coloring books, they have to identify objects before coloring them. In those early years Marjorie and Hector were already admiring Celso to be the best in Art Education where their teacher clipped his artworks on their bulletin board. The primary colors were vividly visible in different shapes. , red circle, yellow circle and blue circle. But Hector and Marjorie can not color the circle like the way Celso does. No smeared crayon outside the circle. Going to the next stage of coloring was identifying the secondary colors. The teacher identified the six colors but she didn't illustrate where these colors came from. Ii was called prescriptive learning. It means accepting the information without any experimentation. The teacher have to use many other shapes to illustrate objects in identifying colors. Their teacher asked objects with green colors say for example fruits with green colors. green apple, guava, mango and banana. How about orange flowers? bouganvillea, santan and marigold, then the violet color, carnation, petunia and tulips. After finishing the primary grades they must have learned the three color levels, the primary, secondary and tertiary levels. When their were school art contests Celso, Marjorie and Hector represented their school to join Art Contests in their school district. At the end of their elementary grades they had displayed certificates of reognition in Art Education but only Celso got a Medal of Recognition. that means he excelled in the field of arts to be specific. visual arts. They were still classmates in High School. There were art contests which they had used paintbrush to develop their talents. Only Celso had the solid interest to explore the world of becoming a painter having a relative who was a well known artist being commissioned to do an artwork for the Metropolitan City that was displayed at the entrance of the City Hall. Celso wanted to follow the footsteps of his uncle. Marjorie wanted to become a fashion designer having a keen interest of picking the right fabric and dyeing them using the different colors she had learned. Hector and Marjorie who found themselves to be more adept in mathematics attended the same university Hector decided to specialize in architecture. He visualized to design high rise buildings to contribute in the booming real estate industry composed of offices retail stores hotels condominiums and subdivisions. Marjorie whose interest in fashion design studied and research about the different fabrics and applied what they learned basically mixing the colors together to produce the three levels of colors that is mixing red and yellow color becomes orange blue and yellow color becomes green , red and blue color becomes violet colors Mixing the secondary colors produces the tertiary colors that is illustrated into a color wheel being created called the Prang Color Wheel, The wheel is divided comprising the tertiary colors. There is complimentary and opposite colors. The neutral colors are black and white when mix becomes grey. Colors are embodied in fabrics from different materials. They used colors in silk cotton and the most delicate is wool. Can you imagine how color played an important role with the clothing that we use? Since Marjorie and Hector attended the same university they became close to each other. It was only in the last year of their studies when they started to express that they care for each other in which their parents were agreeable too knowing that they are almost finish with their studies. But their dating is limited . They agreed to go and watch a movie, eat together in a restaurant for lunch dates. After graduating both of them landed in their chosen professions hired by big companies in the real estate and garment manufacturing fascility. This time they cannt meet regularly. Hector works in the middle of the city while Marjorie works farther south . Hector didn't know Marjorie's supervisor is eyeing on her. Marjorie ignored his advances besides she knows her boundaries in terms of dealing with the supervisor. She limited her conversation with him and she obviously showed her rejection refusing to take her lunch with him. To avoid him she change her breaktimes. She is reluctant to tell it to Hector being afraid he will not be able to concentrate on his job. One day while Hector is reading the newspaper the headline news is about the homecoming of an artist who took his studies in Italy to become a ;painter. His homecoming announced his Art Exhibit and to receive his Awardee as a National Artist. Hector called Marjorie and they agreed to attend the event for Celso their childhood classmate and be with him at his Art Exhibit. When they met each other at the gallery of the five star hotel Hector and Marjorie divulge their upcoming wedding and choose one of Celso's artwork to be displayed in their house after their wedding. Celso introduce her girlfriend to Hector and Marjorie learning that they met together when both are spending the scholarships in one of the prestigious art schools in Milan. Martina is an Italian and she plans to stay in the Philippines for a while to paint some of the beautiful natural wonders like the underground river in Palawan the Banaue Rice Terraces in the Mountain Province and the culture of these indigenous people living in the region. She is also proud of Celso who is an accomplished artist . The three friends are very excited to meet in this very special occasion. They agreed to meet again to talk together about the wedding preparations of Hector and Marjorie When the supervisor received the wedding invitation of Hector and Marjorie he is caught by surprise and disbelief. How come she is getting married when she has just started working in three months? What happens when she will get pregnant right away and did she think at all that she will not get a full maternity leave? Hector and Marjorie have already planned to have a family while they are still young. Hector will give Marjorie enough time for her maternity leave to look after their baby and to look after him too. Nowadays if couples don't plan about their future, their children suffers. At the present situation after the Covid pandemic economic situations didn't go back to normal feeling the crunch of the continuing price increase of basic necessities. However the parents of Hector and Marjorie are willing to help them whenever they need help looking forward to see their grandchildren. Celso is Best Man and Martina is Bridesmaid. Behind the canvass of Celso, it has brought them together at the wedding of Hector and Marjorie.

.

March 17, 2024 04:18

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.