Listen the ears of my heart

Submitted into Contest #119 in response to: Start your story with a character saying “Listen, …”... view prompt

31 comments

Inspirational Friendship Contemporary


Listen!!! I say to you, the ears of my heart; deciphering the loud sweet whispers of hope and faith from the many screams of troubles. Like a sieve filter from the screams of negativity the positivity and sound of victory.


Amid the turbulent tides, raging storm, fierce battles ,confusing echoes and cries of despair just listen to the smoothing note that says you are loved, blessed and perfect. Be deaf to the other disturbing sounds and the many distractions to shift you from the right way. Shun that voice that ceases to try, and suggests giving in to a sigh instead of a song, drown that voice that accepts defeat and is not willing to attempt one more time. Success comes to only them that try. One more trial won’t hurt you.


Listen!!! I say listen!!! hear the sound of greatness within you, outside ,beneath and above you like a warrior's drum ready for battle to conquer all enemies in the way. Heed to the symphony of hope, the high pitch cry of peace and the sweet melodious lyrics of life. A crescendo drowning the voice of sadness and helping you climb up to the zenith of happiness. I urge you to close your ears to the troubles and cares of life and attend to the harmony of faith's unending hymn. Bask in the beautiful and soul-lifting moment. The magic and calming balm will keep you strong and going. Its tune will conquer mountains and fulfil every goal.


I don’t need glasses the eyes of my heart just relax and focus so I can behold the miracles and goodness on my path.


See!!! My heart points to the spark of light that will conquer the world’s darkness and open up my feelings to the unconditional love around me. See the world full of beauty like a garden filled with beautiful flowers and a gallery of treasure.

****

Everyone gets a little down in the dumps sometimes. We all have been there. Battling some form of war in a bid to find inner peace and purpose. I have been there, and I sure know how it feels. I want to encourage even if it’s just a soul with this piece. Keep your hope alive it's going to be alright. I have been shaken and thrown off balance several times but I refuse to give in because am the storm. With each set back comes a powerful come back. I bounce up and refuse to stay on the ground.


I was like a tempest in a teacup.

Like an erupting volcano ready to burst forth sooner or later. There were always voices in my head that was piercing and I was torn between two realms. The dark voices kept telling me I was not good enough and unworthy of love and happiness. Unfortunately, I gave in to these voices unconsciously succumbing. Then like a mighty hand, the voice plunged me into a stygian state where the dark voice finally reigns supreme and the storm spreads around my troubled soul. Darkness hovers all about me like a thick blanket.


But amid the fierce darkness, a tiny candle ignites my heart it sparks a new voice of life in my head telling me that I am the best, beautiful, unique and more than enough. With this amazing reality, came illumination that rock my very core and essence.


Then suddenly the little candlelight grew bigger and brighter and became like the sun, the warmth of these new voices pulled me out.

You don’t have to give up and surrender just like that. Failure is ceasing to try and accepting defeat. It’s bowing in pain and resignation. Do not step aside like a weak-hearted soldier and give in to fear. I say fight. You are much stronger than you think.


Why run away from a battle when you can fight and win?

I told myself I won't be contented to dwell in mediocrity. Failure is a situation when even your shadow falls thinking nothing is left to be made in life. One thing about failure is that you don't just fail alone but the many thousand connected to you do too.


You are important that the world will be incomplete without you. You got to refuse the voice of desperation and not conform to the cry that says all is lost. You too are made for a happier and glorious day you are made to be great too even greater than greatness. A warrior succumbs to nothing possesses the warrior's spirit and fights do just that because you are a victor.

Listen to the thump of success and follow the rhythm of what you hear. Like a child memorising the alphabet say “I will!!! Continuously stick to your words, be consistent with your words like your life depend on it.

Though the dark clouds shut out the blue be the shining rainbow to colour the black. You are a light unto the nations. Just like the sun shine bright for all to see.


Let the words you hear from your heart be translated into a smile on your face and the light of your eyes light up your world. Taste with the mouth of your heart and feel the sweet savour of mouth-watering greatness spitting out the bitterness from your tongue. Breathe the aroma of peace and joy refuse the rubbish and let the mesmerizing smell of roses and goodness fill the nose of your heart.


Feel the newness of a new beginning and let peace and warmth blow all over you like a hurricane. You are responsible for your peace of mind and sanity. Be your joy giver.


You don’t have total control of what

gets to your heart but you sure have a hundred per cent control of what stays in your heart. What you listen to has a huge part to play in how your life will turn out to be.

Be the gatekeeper to your heart and the Gardner of your heart. Be the choirmaster of your heart eliminating the shrills and off-note music of pain.


Hush!!! Hush!!! Be calm and listen let the words be interpreted by your tongue and let your mouth recite the words all day long . Let the legs of your heart carry you to your incredible destiny.


From the pages of your heart, read these words aloud, in all clarity not mincing words.

I am strong, powerful, unique and beautiful.

I won’t give in to life's battle because I am a champion. I win constantly no matter the numerous battles I face. I come out powerful and tough. I sing the song of victory always.

I am perfect and I am ME. 

LOVE

November 10, 2021 20:20

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

31 comments

Eliza Entwistle
01:33 Nov 18, 2021

Uplifting writing! I liked all the beautiful figurative language you wove in, and the messages of self empowerment. I did see some grammar mistakes like missing commas or extra spaces, but they didn't take away from the overall feel of the work. Being a perfectionist who tends to be critical of myself, I identified with a lot of the emotions and themes you described about failure. I think words like these could inspire a lot of people to believe more in their abilities, so well done and keep spreading the kindness ❤

Reply

Show 0 replies
Victor Ineke
14:17 Nov 17, 2021

Very beautiful prose. I love the way the story heads up to a very soothing climax. Love every bit of it ☺️☺️☺️

Reply

Mercy Ineke
19:29 Nov 17, 2021

Thanks you so much💖💝

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Ruth Smith
05:34 Nov 17, 2021

This is very poetic. I like the imagery. This is a delightful story.

Reply

Mercy Ineke
19:31 Nov 17, 2021

Thanks for reading I am glad you enjoyed it!!! 💖💗💖

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Shadrach Jenefa
13:19 Nov 16, 2021

Amazing story More grease to your elbow. From the pages of your heart, I will be great.

Reply

Mercy Ineke
19:31 Nov 17, 2021

Thanks for reading I am glad you loved it!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Kate Winchester
01:56 Nov 16, 2021

Your story is beautiful. You have many great lines but this part is my favorite: “Heed to the symphony of hope, the high pitch cry of peace and the sweet melodious lyrics of life. A crescendo drowning the voice of sadness and helping you climb up to the zenith of happiness. I urge you to close your ears to the troubles and cares of life and attend to the harmony of faith's unending hymn.” Well done!

Reply

Mercy Ineke
05:08 Nov 16, 2021

Wow Kate Winchester I am so delighted you found time to read and engage my story. I love the positive feedback and show of love it's so overwhelming. I will look forward to learning from your wealth of wisdom to get better daily.💖💝

Reply

Kate Winchester
14:07 Nov 16, 2021

You are welcome 😊. I’m sure we can both learn from each other. 💕

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Amanda Fox
14:56 Nov 15, 2021

"I was like a tempest in a teacup." I love LOVE this line!

Reply

Mercy Ineke
00:23 Nov 16, 2021

Thanks, I glad you loved it.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Mercy Ineke
00:32 Nov 16, 2021

Wow Fawn Marshall So happy with your comment and show of ❤️ I so so love LOVE you

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
McCampbell Molly
16:21 Mar 10, 2022

Love this start...Listen!!! I say to you, the ears of my heart; deciphering the loud sweet whispers of hope and faith from the many screams of troubles. Like a sieve filter from the screams of negativity the positivity and sound of victory.

Reply

Show 0 replies
16:57 Dec 31, 2021

I loved your writing the story was well address would like to make contribution to our team here is short introduction Sorry for inconvenience ignore it I am just bothering you We are Team Abhedya Racing; a group of passionate engineering undergraduates who participate in the BAJA competition organized by SAE at a National and International level. We have started this fundraiser to help fund our efforts in securing an All India Rank of 1 in the ongoing BAJA 2022 season. We have made it to an All India Rank of 6 in Phase 1 of the season wh...

Reply

Show 0 replies
J Sagar
14:16 Nov 22, 2021

Needless to say, a great, uplifting read. My favorite line from the piece: 'Shun that voice that ceases to try, and suggests giving in to a sigh instead of a song...' Thanks!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Chisom Chiekie
15:16 Nov 19, 2021

Really uplifting and encouraging indeed.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Gabriel Tolulope
14:11 Nov 19, 2021

Nice piece !!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Moses Majek
13:11 Nov 19, 2021

Great story. I enjoyed every bit of it. I am inspired

Reply

Show 0 replies
Jeff Victor
10:55 Nov 19, 2021

Awesome story, rightly worded, highly uplifting!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Ebonyi Gloria
10:54 Nov 19, 2021

Great

Reply

Show 0 replies
Keya Jadav
05:25 Nov 18, 2021

Oh wow, what a beautiful piece of inspiration we have here. It's a story well woven with an impressive choice of words and phrases. This is a boost to everyone out there struggling and a guiding light to their dark days. A few critiques I'd like to mention that I hope are not being taken as negative. # the many screams of trouble[s]. --- I think it should be 'trouble.' # you are made to be great too {,} even greater than greatness. --- Careful of the punctuation. # Just like the sun shine bright for all to see. --- I think it should...

Reply

Mercy Ineke
17:35 Nov 18, 2021

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and corrections. I appreciate you for helping me through this journey. I will do better next time as I look forward to learning from your wealth of knowledge and experience.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Mercy Ineke
13:55 Nov 17, 2021

A great story indeed. I am inspired

Reply

Show 0 replies
Mercy Ann Oneh
13:51 Nov 16, 2021

Hey Mercy Ineke What a fantastic story. This is chock full of useful and inspiring words. Your exuberance is refreshing. Great job here you know.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Valentine Udus
10:21 Nov 16, 2021

Well done I was like a tempest in a teacup. Like an erupting volcano ready to burst forth sooner or later. There were always voices in my head that was piercing and I was torn between two realms. The dark voices kept telling me I was not good enough and unworthy of love and happiness. I am more than enough.

Reply

Mercy Ineke
10:32 Nov 16, 2021

Thanks so much for engaging I am glad you were inspired by my story. Much love ❤️

Reply

Show 0 replies
Mercy Ineke
10:33 Nov 16, 2021

Thanks so much for engaging I am glad you were inspired by my story. Much love ❤️

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Valentine Udus
10:19 Nov 16, 2021

Your story line is so beautiful I am so inspired now to be better and happier. My favourite line is I am perfect I am ME Thanks so much Mercy Ineke I

Reply

Mercy Ineke
19:32 Nov 17, 2021

Thanks for reading

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Mercy Ineke
00:32 Nov 16, 2021

Wow, thank you so much for your likes and comments. It gladdens my heart to be an inspiration to dream bigger and not give up. I am excited about the fact that you got a clearer picture of life's beauty and blessings. Much Love Kate Winchester 💝💖

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.