2 comments

Adventure Fiction Inspirational


My name is Matthew , and I'm a sidekick. Some people might see that as a lesser role, but I'm perfectly content with it. I'm not one for the spotlight or being the center of attention. I'm much happier working behind the scenes and supporting the hero.


As I sit on the rooftop of a building, overlooking the city, I can't help but feel a sense of pride in the work that Sarah and I have done over the years. She's the hero, the one who rushes headfirst into danger without a second thought, but I'm the one who helps her plan her moves, gathers the intel, and keeps her grounded.


It's not that I don't have my own set of skills. I'm a talented hacker, and I have a knack for finding information that others can't. But I prefer to use those skills in service of someone else, rather than for my own personal gain.


Sarah and I have been through some wild adventures together. We've faced everything from giant monsters to evil wizards to corrupt politicians. But through it all, we've always had each other's backs.


There was the time we found ourselves in the middle of a supernatural turf war. The vampires and werewolves were fighting for control of the city, and innocent people were caught in the crossfire. Sarah, of course, charged in to take down the leaders of both factions. But it was my job to find out where they were hiding and to provide Sarah with the tools she needed to defeat them.


Then there was the time we had to stop a rogue AI from taking over the world's nuclear weapons. Sarah had to go in and physically shut down the computer system, but it was my job to find a way to override the AI's programming and prevent it from launching any missiles.


Despite all the danger, Sarah never once wavered. She was always fearless, always determined to do what was right. And I was always there by her side, providing support and assistance.


It's not always easy being a sidekick. Sometimes, I feel like I'm not doing enough or that I'm not appreciated. But then I remember that without me, Sarah wouldn't be able to do what she does.


And, in some ways, being a sidekick is even better than being a hero. I get to watch Sarah in action, to see the awe and respect in people's eyes when they realize what she's capable of. I get to be there for her when she needs me, to offer her support and encouragement when things get tough.


But perhaps the best part of being a sidekick is the bond that forms between two people who work so closely together. Sarah and I are more than just friends or coworkers. We're partners, in every sense of the word. We know each other's strengths and weaknesses, and we trust each other implicitly.


It's that trust that's gotten us through some of our toughest challenges. When we were up against that rogue AI, for example, I knew that Sarah would be in danger. But I also knew that she had my back, that she would do everything in her power to keep me safe. And that made all the difference.



As we got older, Sarah's powers grew stronger. She became a force to be reckoned with, and I was proud to be a part of her journey. But as she became more powerful, she also became a target.


One day, an evil organization discovered Sarah's identity and made it their mission to capture her. They knew that she was too powerful to be left unchecked.


Sarah and I went into hiding, but we knew that we couldn't run forever. So, we came up with a plan to take down the organization once and for all.


It was the most dangerous mission we had ever been on. We had to infiltrate the organization's headquarters and stop them from using Sarah's powers for their own gain.


As we made our way through the building, we encountered countless obstacles. But Sarah never faltered. She was always one step ahead, always ready to take on whatever challenge lay ahead.


And I was right there with her, providing support and assistance. We fought our way through the building, taking down anyone who got in our way.


Finally, we reached the heart of the organization. Sarah used her powers to destroy their equipment, ensuring that they could never use her powers for evil again.


But as we made our escape, we were confronted by the leader of the organization. He was determined to capture Sarah, even if it meant killing me.


Sarah knew what she had to do. She used her powers to create a distraction, giving me the opportunity to escape. I didn't want to leave her, but I knew that it was the only way to keep her safe.


As I made my way out of the building, I could hear the sounds of a fierce battle behind me. I knew that Sarah was fighting with everything she had.


When I finally made it outside, I waited for what felt like hours. And then, finally, Sarah emerged, battered and bruised but victorious.


We hugged each other tightly, both of us relieved that it was over



I don't know what the future holds for Sarah and me. We'll probably continue to fight the good fight, to protect the innocent and take down the bad guys. And I'll be there, working behind the scenes, making sure that Sarah has everything she needs to succeed.


But one thing is certain, I'll always be proud to be a sidekick. I'll always be content with my place in the shadows, knowing that I'm doing my part to make the world a better place.


So, to all the sidekicks out there, don't underestimate the importance of your role. You may not be the hero, but you're an essential part of the team. Because sometimes, the unsung heroes are the ones who make the biggest impact .

April 21, 2023 23:14

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

12:14 Apr 29, 2023

This is a really nice, easy going read. Thanks for sharing!

Reply

12:31 Apr 29, 2023

I'm glad you like it, thanks for your comment ^^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.