2 comments

Drama Fiction Inspirational

'Thank you for your support, Mr.Hardy. Your guidance and monetary help made this complex a possibility. The hundreds of children that will benefit from this complex will be forever grateful to you,' said the principle of a newly opened school in oak park. 

Mr. Hardy donated the entire building and also a handsome amount that would ensure the continued sustenance of this facility. That school was his 5th humanitarian project. Tim, or Mr.Hardy as the people knew him, has about 220 real estate properties in the entire state of Illinois. He was the emerging real estate moguls, and his growth chart predicted that he would make it to the top in a year or two.

Life was not so simple for him. His childhood was not an ordinary one. He suffered what no other child should suffer, but he rose with the help of his guiding angel. 

That angel guided Tim to his current position of strength. Tim's life was a mess before he met him. Years of experience and a search for true disciple lead that angel to bond with Tim. Otherwise, their first encounter was at a suicide point, ready to jump and call it a day. 

Tim was seventeen years old when he lost his father. That night was still afresh in his mind when he heard the news of his father's departure. Initially, her mother was not able to reveal details of Tim's father's demise, but the brutal world enforced those details on the young mind of Tim. 

His schoolmates and other children started to call him 'Traitor's Son' or 'Traitor' whenever they can. As days went by, the name-calling grew and manifested into full-blown abuse. His young and innocent mind was not able to bear so much hate. He was not alone in this as his mother was also in pain due to the false accusation. 

She knew that her husband would never betray the nation. But the world was unfamiliar with that viewpoint, and they believed what the media reported. 

A traitor, working in government, was caught red-handed spying for the enemy nation. The CIA assassinated Tim's father on the enemy's soil while he was sharing crucial documents to the enemy. That news spread. A media trial ensued, and Tim's father was found guilty of espionage for the enemy nation. 

Tim's mother succumbed to this ill-treatment and name-calling. She jumped off a bridge and left Tim behind to face the cruel world. Tim was unable to process this double jolt. After three days, he decided to take the same route to heaven, just like his mother. 

He went to that bridge famous amongst the lonely & tormented souls who were eager to leave this earth. He arrived in the middle, where the flow of the river was apt to finish him quickly. He crossed the railing and saw someone already there, ready to jump.

Tim waited for that soul so that he can die in peace. But it was taking longer than usual. That man near the edge was looking down at the flow of the river, and then, to the sky. He was unaware of Tim's presence.

"Do you mind?' asked Tim to a man standing on the ledge as he neared him.

That man was surprised to see a young soul ready to take the path that he was unsure of choosing.

'Be my guest,' Jack said after stepping aside from the edge and giving room to Tim. He continued moving backward from the edge and said to Tim, 'What happened, young man? Why are you eager to end this.'

Tim saw the curiosity and compassion in the eyes of Jack. Jim's eyes were already moist due to the constant flow of tears. Tim saw empathy in Jack's eyes and decided to share the reason behind this step. 

'So, you decided to call it a day.'

'Yes, I can't face such agony. I will reunite with my family in heaven.'

'No, boy. There is no heaven up there. It is all over here. You and your actions make your life heaven or hell. There is no afterlife.'

Tim was surprised to hear such words of encouragement from a tired and defeated soul. He sat down near the edge and began looking down towards the flow. Tim was not brave enough to jump. He would slide to death. But before that, he wanted to know the reason behind the agony of that defeated soul, Jack.

'So, what brings you here?'

'My only son died. He died in a car accident in a foreign land. No was there for him. I can't live without him. so, I decided to end this agony.'

Tim felt empathetic, but one part of his mind smiled because a man who was motivated me to carry on with my life is here to quit.

Meanwhile, someone informed the police, and both of them were rescued and placed under observation for five days. They were in the same room. Both had no family, but Jack had some friends from his profession as a real estate broker. 

Jack was a master in that profession, and thus he had more followers than friends. 

They connected during those five days as both of them shared a common thing: lost loved ones. They went for the therapy sessions together, and their bond grew. After twenty therapy sessions, the judge approved the adoption of Tim by Jack. 

Jack started coaching Tim for a better professional life. Jack got a son in Tim, and Tim got a father in Jack. Jack gave Tim a new identity to live.

Jack taught him everything that there is to know about being a charming and effective real estate agent. Tim left all the wounds of his earlier life and began his healing under his guiding angel, Jack.

Tim dropped out of school and accompanied Jack to his closures and learned from those dealings. Jack was charming, and he taught Tim that art of the craft. It took years for Tim to master that art, but Tim had years on his side.

At the age of 23, he became the most sought after real estate agent in his region. With the blessings and backing of Jack, Tim jumped into the construction business. 

Tim ran out of luck in that area of business. A successful real estate agent was not so successful in the construction business. Tim failed miserably to face bankruptcy. 

The untimely labor strike, the disappearing raw material, and other such disruptions halted Tim's journey. 

Jack was also inapt in this area, but with years of experience, he knew the root of the problem. Some paid the Mafia in the city handsomely to halt the budding builder to make a mark and steal the customers and profits. The Mafia made sure that Tim remained a real estate agent and never become a builder. 

Tim, upon the advice of Jack, offered an upfront 20% to that Mafioso. He made an offer that was hard to refuse. They both seal the deal with a handshake. 

The construction began, and within two years, the high-rise was ready. It was named 'Jack Tower' after his guiding angel. Slowly, Slowly the skyline began beaming the Jack Towers. Tim became Mr.Hardy. 

Jack succumbed to a weak heart. He left a fortune to Tim. Tim invested all of them in the construction business, and that made him the real estate mogul of the nation. He knew the basics of this business very well, and soon 'Jack Towers' would be seen in the skyline of every city of this nation and some more. 

Another thing that Tim learned from Jack was of giving back to the society that gave him all of this. Tim never looked back and gave much of his wealth to charity. He also gave back to another nation. 

During one such charity trip, he had to rush back home due to some tense situation. The friendly nation turned hostile, and Tim had to hurry back as that nation snapped all ties with his home country. 

Tim arrived back and kept busy in the business. His life continued, but the morning newspaper the next day changed his routine life.

It was wiki leaks that highlighted the real events that included the death of Tim's father. 

Tim's father was a patriotic spy who was killed in action while apprehending a spy from that enemy nation. Two agents lost their life. The government declared Tim's father a traitor, and the other, killed in a car accident. The government did the coverup to re-establish a friendly relation between the two nations. 

Life changed after that. Along with that, Tim renamed the Jack towers to Jack & Jony Towers. Jony was Tim's father's name, and now he was proud to display his name on his high-rise towers. 

September 30, 2020 17:17

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

17:47 Oct 08, 2020

Hello, Somehow, i missed out on the last part of your story. Government declared Tim,s father as a traitor and Tim renamed Jack Towers . Jony was a patriotic spy or a traitor?

Reply

HBR Patel
13:03 Oct 09, 2020

Thank you for reading out the story. "Tim's father was a patriotic spy who was killed in action while apprehending a spy from that enemy nation." He was a patriotic spy and he was misrepresented by the government for maintaining ties with that other nation. So, Tim's father was a patriotic spy.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.