0 comments

Friendship Fiction

After ten hours of working in a climate control warehouse, I was finally free to go home and relax and look for the perfect land. I turned into the apartments parking lot, I see my neighbor’s car and my first thought is “you got to be kidding me, well maybe I can sneak into my house, she will never know.” She has been asking and telling me that I must meet these two ladies that are lesbians and I kept saying I will one day. After I have said no several times before. I was raised to be nice and courteous to others no matter what.

           No sooner I got out of my truck, I heard Amanda’s voice and one more person talking. It was faint, but it was her voice. Well, I will check the mail and put in a maintenance request form and hopefully they will be gone. I cannot believe this; I should have gone with my feeling and never talk to her. I am normally good at getting feel for people before I meet them. I do not want to meet people. I have told her this, why does she not listen to me? I am starting to not like city folks, country people listen and respects peoples wishes. Now it has been thirty minutes, surely, they are not outside anymore.

           As I got closer to the side of the building, I pause for a few minutes just to listen for voices. I heard no one, I smile and continue to round the building. My apartment is only a couple of doors down and then I am free. As I completely round the corner, I look up and I see three females looking at me. Two of them was smiling and the third one had a straight face on, like she did not want to be there anymore then I wanted to be even though I live right next door. I got to my door, I look at them and I smile.

           Hey Crystal, I want you to meet Brandy and Anna. Says Amanda.  

           Hello, nice to meet you, I got to go. Says Crystal with a smile.

           As I was walking in my house, I see Brandy give me a nod and I hear one hello and of course Amanda saying do not forget about my party this Saturday. How can I forget about it, as I closed my door? I walk to my bedroom; I take off my work clothes and I walk to the bathroom. I turn the water on in the shower to a cool temperature. I got in and I stand there letting the water run down my body.

           After forty-five minutes in the shower, I quickly finish up and get out. I start picking out my clothes to wear tomorrow for work and I put on a pair of basketball shorts with a tank top. I walk into the kitchen; I look through my cabinets and my fridge. After an hour of looking for something to eat, I finally decide on a sandwich. I make two turkey sandwiches with all the trimmings and grab two hand fills of chips and put it all on my plate and I just sat down to eat. When I hear a knock on my door, I start to eat my supper.

           After I ate, I washed my plate and head to the living room to find something on the television. I sit down and turn on the television. I just start to flip through the channels when the knocking came back. I slowly get up and answer the door, feeling a little annoyed by now. I open the door a fourth of the way and of course it was Amanda.

           Yes Amanda, what can I do for you? Crystal asks with annoyance.

           I knocked earlier, but you did not answer the door. I was wanting to know what you thought about Brandy and Anna? Amanda asks.

           They seem to be fine, but I do not know. I do not answer my door when I am having dinner. Crystal says.

           Oh, I just knew you was still home. I like them and I think once you get to know them you will also. Amanda says.

           Hmm, is there anything else you want from me? I am getting ready to go to bed now. Crystal asks.

           No, that was it. Have a good night and I will see you tomorrow? Amanda says.

           No, you will not see me tomorrow and you have a good night. Crystal says.

           Okay then see you Saturday night. Amanda says.

           I close the door with a heavy breath. Maybe I can work Saturday night, but that will not work. I can just go and get it done and over with. I think that is the best thing to do. I cannot believe how fast Friday is going. Saturday is approaching quickly. It will be rude if I bring a friend of mine over, so I will go with the flow of the party.

I open my eyes to Saturday, I let out a heavy sigh. Well, I best get my running around done this morning and get a bottle of crown royal for her as a present and a bottle of grey goose for me. I already feel like I going to need it. I got back home after two hours out and about, I went into the kitchen and pour a glass of vodka. I have three hours before the party, so what do I wear? It is going to be a hot night, so I am going to have a tank top on. Oh, I can wear black pants with a black belt and my black cowboy hat. I think I will wear a white tank top with my outfit, I will wear my hair down. I had thirty minutes before the party starts and I hear a knock on my door.

           Happy birthday Amanda. Crystal says.

           Thank you, can you come over now? Where you can meet people as they come in. Amanda says.

           Yes, I can, just let me grab my house key. Crystal says.

           I hand her the crown royal and I sit my grey goose on her countertop. We stand outside, while her boyfriend barbequed the meat. I glance up from my glass and ten people was walking up the path. Amanda was running down with arms waiving in the air to meet them and they walk straight up to me. We greet each other and the music gets even louder with dancing and laughing. I find a corner to stand in and just wait for the right time to leave.

           I go inside the house and sit down; I am getting bored and tired. I notice that Anna sat down on the other couch, I thought great I hope she does not want to talk to me. I am tired of talking and dancing. We sat there for two hours drinking and not saying a word. Until I broke the silence between us, the conversation just flowed. I notice that there was only the five of us and I got up. I said good night to Amanda, Brandy, Anna, and John, I was inches away from the door when I got pulled away and back into the living room. We took a group picture and then more dancing again.

           It was midnight before my head was able to hit the pillow, I wake up around ten in the morning. Anna and I talked last night about a lot of things in life. I was fascinated with her talking and the subjects, we decided that we had so much fun last night that we are going to be friends. We hung out every night for weeks just talking about life in general and what we want to do in life. After months of talking, we became inseparable to the point that we knew what each other was thinking and if one of us were injured.

June 05, 2021 02:00

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.