0 comments

Fantasy

In the pantheon of gods, there was one who stood out from the rest. Known as the God of Light, he was the most powerful and revered deity in all the land. He was worshipped by all who lived under his shining radiance, and his presence was felt in every aspect of their lives. However, despite all his might and majesty, there was one thing that eluded him - a true hero to carry out his will.

For years, the God of Light had searched for someone worthy of his favor, someone who could wield his power and bring his light to the world. He had watched as countless mortals had risen to prominence, only to fall short of his expectations. He had seen their courage and strength, their loyalty and devotion, and he had found them all wanting. None of them had the spark of greatness that he sought, the unshakable will that would allow them to rise above the rest.

And so, the God of Light had retreated to his celestial palace, frustrated and alone. For years he brooded, pondering the fate of the mortal world and his own place in it. But as he sat in his throne, his thoughts turned to a single mortal - a young woman who had caught his eye. He had seen her in visions and dreams and watched as she grew from a child to a woman of uncommon beauty and strength. He had sensed her potential, felt the power that lay dormant within her, waiting to be unleashed.

And so, the God of Light resolved to take action. He descended from his palace, his radiance illuminating the mortal world, and sought out the woman he had chosen. He found her in a small village, tending to her family's farm, and he appeared before her in all his glory.

"Child," he said, his voice like thunder, "I have chosen you to be my champion. You are the one who will carry out my will, who will bring my light to the world."

The young woman looked up at him, awestruck. She had heard tales of the God of Light, but she had never expected to see him in person. She felt his power coursing through her, felt the weight of his expectations upon her shoulders.

"I am but a humble farmer's daughter," she said, bowing before him. "How can I be worthy of your favor?"

The God of Light smiled down at her. "You have strength and courage within you," he said. "All you need is guidance, and I will provide it. Follow my path, and you will become a hero beyond compare."

And so, the young woman accepted the God of Light's offer, and she began her training under his guidance. He taught her to channel his power, to call upon his radiance in times of need. He showed her how to fight, and how to wield a sword and shield with deadly precision. He instilled within her a sense of purpose and duty, a dedication to his cause that was unshakable.

For years, the young woman trained under the God of Light's tutelage, growing stronger and more skilled with each passing day. She fought against his enemies, vanquished his foes, and spread his light across the mortal world. She became a legend, a hero whose deeds were celebrated far and wide.

But despite her many triumphs, there was one thing that eluded her - a true understanding of the God of Light's will. She had been told that she was his chosen champion, but she had never been given a clear sense of what he wanted her to do. She had fought countless battles, but she did not know what the ultimate goal of her struggles was. She had saved countless lives, but she did not know what purpose those lives were meant to serve. As the years passed, the young woman's frustration grew. She had fought for the God of Light for so long, but she still felt like she was wandering in the dark. She had done everything he had asked of her, and yet she could not shake the feeling that there was something more she was meant to do.

It was then that the God of Light appeared to her once more, his radiance filling the room. "My champion," he said, his voice booming. "You have done well. Your deeds have brought light to a world that was once shrouded in darkness."

"Thank you, my lord," the young woman said, bowing before him. "But I still do not understand what it is that you want me to do."

The God of Light smiled down at her. "My child," he said, "I have watched you grow and mature, and I am pleased with what I have seen. But there is still more that you must do. You have fought battles and saved lives, but there is one life in particular that you must save."

"Whose life, my lord?" the young woman asked.

"Your own," the God of Light said. "You have fought for me for so long, but you have never truly lived for yourself. You have sacrificed so much, but you have never truly found happiness. You have served my cause with all your heart, but you have never truly understood what that cause is. And so, I want you to take a journey. A journey to find yourself, to find what truly makes you happy. I want you to find your own path, and in doing so, you will bring even more light to the world."

The young woman was taken aback by the God of Light's words. She had never considered the possibility of living for herself, of finding her own happiness. But as she looked into the God of Light's eyes, she saw the truth in his words. She knew that she had been living for a cause that was not entirely her own and that it was time for her to find her own way.

And so, the young woman set out on a journey. She traveled to distant lands, met new people, and experienced new things. She found joy in simple pleasures, like a warm meal or a friendly conversation. She found that there was more to life than just fighting battles and saving lives.

But even as she found her own happiness, she did not forget the God of Light's cause. She continued to spread his radiance wherever she went, bringing light to even the darkest corners of the world. And as she did so, she came to a realization - that the God of Light's cause was not just about fighting battles and saving lives, but about bringing joy and happiness to all those who lived under his radiance.

When the young woman returned to her homeland, she was a changed person. She had found her own path, but she had not forgotten the God of Light's cause. She continued to fight for him, but she did so with a new understanding of what that cause truly meant.

And as she continued to spread the God of Light's radiance, she felt his presence beside her, guiding her every step of the way. She knew that she had finally found her true calling and that she had become the hero that the God of Light had always wanted her to be.

May 08, 2023 01:01

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.