1 comment

Black American Crime

   SO "THATS THE THING ABOUT THIS CITY" just hope it gets better one day. b....oooo.......ooo.... again gun shot riffles filled the air ooooooooooooooo(humming sound) I don't seem to hear anything again it seems my tympanic membrane has finally bursted. Can you hear me? Can you? What are you saying? I can't hear you Keily, her girlfriend replied. The ambiance of the atmosphere remained like a tv set having a transmitter without a receiver this went on for a while and after some little minutes they regained their consciousness, immediately they buried their ear in the pillows with their index finger dipped into their ear. It's an abomination for a man to die twice while knowing the cause of his own death. Someome has been murdered again o my fucking God. We were already getting used to their fuckung language after spending only about a few months there.

Initially, Keily and Liam names were Kodijat and Chigozirim but they changed their names when they knew that living in an overseas with their names could attract bullies and be used as a comedy skit. However, that still doesn't change the colour of their sun striken black melanin colours.

It was a beautiful snowy morning in which one's eyes could clearly behold the crystals of ice in the air. Keily switched on her television set while she awaits the decoder to fully load.

Hello dear viewers, I'm Rudith Jones from BCN TV, here are the news in detail. On 12th of march, 2021 at 7pm in the afternoon yesterday, two black ladies thought to hail from a country Nigeria were brutally murded after being raped and strangled to death by some young american boys. It was stated by the police and the medical team after investigation that the strangling of the ladies took nothing less than 10 minutes before they both finally gave up the ghost. Keily and Liam were so annoyed to hear this news as they grabbed the the remote and switched off the tv set and left for school.

It was first day at the Pisery University, entering into the school with such a rough unfriendly face could be undescent, they thought. Keily and Liam had always walked side by side and closer than a meter even during the pandemic.It was only few steps into the lecture theatre when an american guy of about 5ft tall and 95kg in body mass who had body stature could make a man ease on his pant asked. Who are you? Where are you? his deep voice ignited fears into their blood stream. We're from Nigeria they replied soon a professor from the university appeared and they all entered into the hall,he made an introduction of the courses and they all left.

So there is fucking racism everywhere both in the society and school ,this is bad Keily poured out her heavy mind. It's better we just remain at our lanes and not meddle with this damn people to detests waking a sleeping trouble, Liam said, but that is not good enough when the whites come to our country Nigeria we welcome them with open hands,accomodate ,entertain and even celebrate them like special beings why are we receiving opposite here Keily asked. Maybe we are unspecial scary beings, Liam replied. 

It's getting hard to sleep these days its either the noise of the american touts or the siren noise coming from a police car roaming about the street. I thought abroad was the best place to be, Its better to sleep on an infested bug bed and wake up with anemia than sleep on a water bed with no hope of surviving till the next morning. Keily let the issue spill over her mind.

The issue of racism was getting much so programmes were set on tv about racism which include talks from white and black citizens, interoggation of people and debates about were shown on every tv station all round the day, but sooner than expected the issue died down and escaped into the thin air without trace. Keily had made a decision that she must put an end to this no matter what it takes.

Liam noticed the pain her heavy heart was going through so she decided to help keily her girlfriend attain her wish. All her assignments and school registration all weighed down on him.

On a beautiful sarturday morning keily noticed her weight had increased all of a sudden she dares not play with food so gives her self everyday assignment of jugging for 40 minutes

One beautiful day, she met a black and a white teen discussing she was happy to see them discussing calmly but when she moved closer to them she noticed it was a silent argument she moved closer and intruded in the discussion the white boy bursted into angriness this is it the black people like poking into peoples discussion that dont matter to them, they say what they dont see you, are aliens and nothing but slave when the white boy saw a gang of white boys approaching he raised his voice did you know why satan is black its because you are their descendants and they are your ancestors when keily and the black boy saw the white gangs comming they took to their heels. She had never been that ridiculed or humiliated like that she wept and wept till all her tears gland went dry once more the topic about racism came out and keily fully participated bitterly stating her experience but the debate never pass through the door way of thier debating hall.

Keily started writing articles about racism on magazines, newspares and different journals on how the blacks were treated less equivalent to an animal and how she came to love a boy from another tribe and cope with him despite their different cultures and languages 

On a dark misty evening keily on her way to get medicine for her sick boyfriend saw how a black teenage boy was stripped naked and beaten to death by the whites she brought out her phone and recorded every scene of the incident. She could have saved the boy by distracting the boys but she wanted to let every human being young and old mother and father infant and children to see what pain it is to go through to see some one brutally mudered. Keily sent the video to the social media and it went viral, now were the governments, lawyers and every parent stand out to fight against racism for the black.

March 15, 2021 08:14

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

21:28 Mar 20, 2021

The story is interesting pls keep it up. Expecting more write up💚💚

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.