0 comments

Holiday

Animecringe1001 

Post 10:02 PM

Fuck Christmas. Fuck Santa. And Fuck Drunk people! Yesterday about half of the staff at the bar where I work decided that they weren't going to show up, leaving me to do all the work alone. I would've also bailed, but I literally have $3 in the bank and I can't risk getting on my manager's bad side. "You don't have anything else to do anyway!" is what she told me before basically forcing me to work today. I mean, it's true, I don't have anything else to do, but it is the only time that I have nothing else to do! I should be watching Netflix at home and fighting my dog for the good spot on the couch. That's probably the opposite of standing in a packed bar taking orders from people who can barely talk. Some guy literally just barfed in the corner and cover it with the rug! Like seriously? Who does that! Also, while I was typing this, a Santa Claus came in and started doing the chicken dance with a group of elves.


Animecringe1001 

Post 10:35 PM

My manager told me that I need to be more cheery with the customers. She said for me to show my holiday spirit and don't be a grinch? I would quit this job in a second if I didn't need this hourly wage! On another note, some emo couple came in here and got into a fight with the Santa and his elves!! That was the wackiest crap I've ever seen!


$$averagefred$@2 

Post 10:40 PM

@Animecringe1001 You should just quit then! Stop whining on the internet!


Animecringe1001 

Post 10:42 PM

@$$averagefred$@2 Didn't I say that I ain't got no money


Animecringe1001

Post 10:59 PM

So to anyone who was wondering, I'm still alive. Just made about 8 dollars in the past hour, so that's good. That officially $11 in my bank by next Friday! Totally worth the near miss when some lady projectile vomited in my direction. To celebrate, drinks are on me (JK), I only have $11 and I need food...


Animecringe1001

Post 11:10 PM

Does anyone know how to get to CJ's or if that's even a place? I can't find it on Google Maps and some guy in all black came in and asked for directions and now he is harassing customers for the directions. They're all complaining to me about it. Like I'm a bartender, not a bouncer gosh.


Christie_Shayla

Post 11:30 PM

That's not a place...


$$averagefred$@2

Post 11:31 PM

@Christie_Shayla It's probably too late lady.


Animecringe1001

Post 11:34 PM

@Christie_Shayla @$$averagefred$@2 He's still here actually, I'm about to tell him.


Animecringe1001

Post 11:36 PM

@Christie_Shayla @$$averagefred$@2 Ok guys, so I had just told him and this man literally just said "oh okay" and left. Like, what?? He literally stood around asking random strangers about a place for 30 minutes just to do that???


Christie_Shayla

Post 11:37 PM

@Animecringe1001 ...Wow...


$$averagefred$@2

Post 11:37 PM

@Animecringe1001 Didn't I tell you to quit! You wouldn't have to deal with crazies if you took my advice.


Animecringe1001

Post 11:45 PM

@$$averagefred$@2  I don't even know you dude. But I know I told you that I ain't got no money!


$$averagefred$@2

Post 11:46 PM

@Animecringe1001 True...


Animecringe1001

Post 11:54

A group dressed as the characters from Alice in wonderland just showed up. They seem to be talkign in riddles


KyRaThEtRoLl

Post 11:59 PM

@Animecringe1001 LOL When did Christmas become a costume party, bish dis ain't halloween!


$$averagefred$@2

Post 12:03 AM

@Animecringe1001 talking*


Animecringe1001

Post 12:05 AM

@KyRaThEtRoLl RIGHT!


Animecringe1001

Post 12:06 AM

@$$averagefred$@2 I'm starting to get tired of you!


$$averagefred$@2

Post 12:07 AM

@Animecringe1001 That's what I'm here for Bebe.


Animecringe1001

Post 12:13 AM

So Alice is ordering some god damn shrinking potion and the rabbit is ordering a sweet tea. I told them I was going the back to see if we had any, but now I don't know what to do!


BrittleSnail

Post 12:15 AM

WTF is going on???


$$averagefred$@2

Post 12:17 AM

Okay here's what you should do....go to the back door...and run. Just RUN. Then call back tomorrow and quit.


Animecringe1001

Post 12:18 AM

@$$averagefred$@2 ...seriously...


KyRaThEtRoLl

Post 12:21 AM

@BrittleSnail Some foolish mess.


BrittleSnail

Post 12:26 AM

@KyRaThEtRoLl Oh okay. You guys can handle that. I should probably go to bed...


KyRaThEtRoLl

Post 12:28 AM

@BrittleSnail Okay, Good night!


$$averagefred$@2

Post 12:30 AM

@BrittleSnail Sleep is for the weak.


Christie_Shayla

Post 12:31 AM

....you should go to bed too Fred.


$$averagefred$@2

Post 12:32 AM

@Christie_Shayla NO U


Animecringe1001

Post 12:50 AM

So I was able to find some tea to give the rabbit and I gave Alice some Whiskey. I didn't know what else to do.


Animecringe1001

Post 1:12 AM

YO!! THIS MAN PULLED A PURPLE CAT OF HIS SHIRT!


Christie_Shayla

Post 1:15 AM

@Animecringe1001 WHO?


Animecringe1001

Post 1:15 AM

@Christie_Shayla THE HATTER!


Animecringe1001

Post 1:20 AM

THEY LET ME HOLD HIM! His name is literally Cheshire! He answers to it too! 


$$averagefred$@2

Post 1:20 AM 

@Animecringe1001 Y'all be getting lit! Which bar do you work at, I need to be there!


KyRaThEtRoLl

Post 1:23 AM

@Animecringe1001 How are you on your phone so much at work, dude?


Christie_Shayla

Post 1:30 AM

@KyRaThEtRoLl Hmmm...


Animecringe1001

Post 1:38 AM

@KyRaThEtRoLl I just get on it whenever I'm not doing stuff...


KyRaThEtRoLl

Post 1:40 AM

@Animecringe1001 Lucky...


$$averagefred$@2

Post 1:46 AM

@Animecringe1001 What's going on with the Wonderland crew?


Animecringe1001

Post 1:49 AM

@$$averagefred$@2 TThe hatter almost got kicked out for having a cat, but my manager found Cheshire so cute that she let them stay. Right now Hatter's pulling cards out of his hat.


BrittleSnail

Post 1:53 AM

@Animecringe1001 The power of the cat


Christie_Shayla

Post 1:54 AM

@BrittleSnail I thought you went to bed!


Animecringe1001

Post 1:58 AM

@BrittleSnail I guess. Or maybe it's a business ploy since they are like free entertainment...


BrittleSnail

Post 2:02 AM

@Christie_Shayla I did but ended up just watching Netflix... @Animecringe1001 Sounds about right


Animecringe1001

Post 2:15 AM

HOLY CRAP! I WISH YOU GUYS COULD'VE SEEN THIS. The hatter and Alice were dancing, right, then the FREAKING QUEEN OF HEARTS came in and started catfighting with Alice! Then the whole crew just up and left. They brought Cheshire with them too! OMG.


$$averagefred$@2

Post 2:17 AM

You see, at that point...I would just quit and go with them.


Animecringe1001

Post 2:19 AM

@$$averagefred$@2 I just might...I'm kidding that would be the stupidest thing anyone would do.


KyRaThEtRoL

Post 8:00 AM

GOOD MORNING~


December 28, 2019 04:55

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustrated Short Stories | 2024-06

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in Reedsy Studio. 100% free.