Guardian Angel(part 3)

Written in response to: Write about somebody who likes to work in silence.... view prompt

20 comments

Creative Nonfiction Friendship Crime

This story contains sensitive content

CW: Language, violence, underage drug use, guns(never used), home invasion


*Note, this story includes the Naruto anime/manga. That does not belong to me, but to Masashi Kishimoto. The OC's however, are mine, and a friend's. This is part three of a series, the first one is "Dreams to Reality" and part two, the one before this one is "Late Night Meetings" however all can be read on their own.


I sat there leaning against the wall, my phone in my hands. As always, there was a small smile on my lips. Sh- I shake my head. They, I correct. They. They. They always make me smile.. With that childish enthusiasm they have. I scroll upwards, rereading the conversation from the past few days. They always made sure to message a quick "Have a good day.", "Sleep well.", or a "How are you?" and the like.

I scroll up to a certain part in our DM's. The very top. I started the conversation. I never do that..

I sat on the floor, phone in hand half paying attention to the posts. Maybe find someone offering a good roleplay, but honestly, I was just passing the time. After a certain amount of time, I found myself going to my chats. I scrolled down and clicked on the bottom one. 'Uchiha Tenshi' My hand tightened around my phone. 

   Otsutsuki: Tenshi be safe, okay?

   Otsutsuki: Don't be like me

They didn't reply til hours later.. And by that time I was 

   Tenshi: Tsu-san.

   Tenshi: Tsu-san?

   Tenshi: Tsu-san??

   Tenshi: Be safe, idiot. I'll be back, okay? Watching a movie with my family. 

My shoulders hunch over, reading that. Over and over. They never came back then.. And then. Two years later, I was scrolling through the posts on the social media platform once more. I came across a post: NEW ACCOUNT I pause, and end up clicking on the post. I freeze, reading the name of the author of the post. 'Lady Reaper'. That was Tenshi's OC's title. 

I read those words with urgency. 

Hello everyone, some of you know me, some of you don't. That's okay, those who know me, you'll know via my new name. I apologize for suddenly leaving. It wasn't my choice, I'm lucky to be here once more. I know this isn't much of an explanation, but if you recognize my name, DM me. I'll explain more there. 

Everyone else. Hello, feel free to DM me as well for casual conversation…

I quit reading then, scrolling back up, and clicking on the name. 

I clear my throat, as I stared at the conversation. So much happened in those two years they were gone. And I couldn't do anything. I quickly scroll down to the newest conversation, not wanting to remember anything else. Yet the thought 'I caused them so much pain and panic came to my head like always. 

Tenshi: Heads up Tsu-san, I can't come to the cafe Sunday. I'm spending the night at a friends. 

They always make sure to give me a reason on why they're not responding. They always make sure that they will respond as soon as possible, and not two years later through a post.

Otsutsuki: No worries

Otsutsuki: Go have fun kiddo

Tenshi: I will! You too, okay? : D

I chuckle. That fucking energy. How did you keep that energy after those two years Tenshi?

Otsutsuki: I'll do my best

Tenshi: :eyes:

Otsutsuki: I will 

Tenshi: ^^

I chuckle again, shaking my head. I turn off my phone, setting down on a nearby pillow. I look up at the door, watching it for a minute or three. Soon, knowing what I would do, I stand up making my way to the living room. I look at the table, seeing the wooden plank. I make my way over to the table and sit down grabbing the rolled up cloth from underneath the table. 

I set it down and spread out the cloth sheet. There were a bunch of small knives with various shapes and teeth, all to give different textures to the wood. To give me the power to create what I wish. And knowing all of this, I grab the one able to tear away big chunks of wood. I position the wooden plank and take the knife to it, thinning out certain parts, and keeping certain parts normal. Over time, I moved onto a smaller knife, and in the center it was clear there was a feminine, however vague, figure. 

I made the background, the thinnest part of the plank scratchy looking. Almost like a night sky. At least, I hoped. I didn't focus to much on it honestly, the only thing on my mind was detailing the figure, making it wear a kimono. I didn't make it form fitting, to make it up to question if the person was female or male. I made sure to add the long hair hanging over the shoulders too, remembering the drawing they showed me once of their OC, Tenshi.

With I sigh I fold my hands together and stretch my arms high above my head. I hear my shoulders pop, and I slowly lean back. My back makes several pops and cracks. They were right, this really does feel good.. I end up laying on the ground, the silence that's been reigning eternal in my apartment, slowly started lulling me to sleep. I awake with a start hearing the door slam open. I jump up, immediately having the biggest knife in my hand. 

Not that I needed it honestly, I could take ones arm out of its socket easily. I look up, a plain and untelling expression coming over me. It's just mother. I thought to myself drily. I quickly clean up, putting the knives back in there place. "What are you doing?" I folded up the cloth and grabbed the wooden plank ignoring her as I headed back to my room. "Hey!"

"Shut up!" I bark turning back to look at her. She froze. I've never yelled at her before. I continue my way to my room. I toss the cloth container onto my bed and gently place the wood carving on my nightstand.

"Get back here, Archer!" I sigh deeply. 

"This- just.." I let out a small frustrated scream, punching my fist into the wall. 

"Archer!" My eyes widen. I hear her stomp towards my room. I dash to underneath my bed, my hand searching underneath it. She opens the door, and I find it. I pull the gun out from underneath my bed, holding it outwards- however pointing it down. Her eyes lost their fire when she saw the metallic machine of death in my hand. 

"I dare you." She snarled- tossed a few curses before turning around and slamming the door. I toss the gun back underneath the bed. I don't know what I was gonna do with it. It wasn't loaded. I stand up, and decide to go back to my carving, sitting on my bed. I ended up grabbing the shit from last Tuesday, when Cameron came to that park, and took one.

I could spend hours doing this. Sitting on my bed in the silence, shredding mass away from the wood. Especially on a good high- it was amazing. The silence wouldn't eat at me as much. 

I woke up feeling wonderful. I decided to eat that morning too. I was scrolling through the different posts, eating cereal when they messaged me. I blink, reading the notification as I clicked on it. They sounded worried. Scared even. Automatically I was worried.

Tenshi: Tsu-san, come to my place.

Tenshi: Help.

I froze, and clicked on the textbox, trying my best to reply-

Tenshi: Do you know how to load a gun?

My eyes widen in horror. Why do you need to load a gun?! You're at your dad's!

Otsutsuki: Tenshi- what's going on?

Otsutsuki: Are you okay?

Tenshi: How do I load it?

I immediately ran out of my room, quickly telling them how to load a gun, and giving them the basics on the safety and how to shoot, where to aim, etc. "Where are you going?!" My mother shouts. I didn't even answer her as I left, not even bothering to close the door after me.

I ran down the street. 

Tenshi: My aunts part of the fams not here + Jason

Tenshi: Hes here Tsu

I ran faster and faster thanks to adrenaline and worry. I swear to fucking God if I loose them- I made a sharp turn, leaving my neighborhood. Within minutes I made it to Carlos's Cafe. I check the chat.

Tenshi: My dad called 911

Tenshi: Were in my aunts room

Tenshi: Where are you?

Otsutsuki: Carlos's- Im almost there

I continued my run to their dad's place. I made it there in three minutes. I pause seeing a small white car, it's body was low to the ground. I look at the house, slowly creeping to the door. I've never felt so pissed. There was this skinny ass guy standing a bit away from me, near one of the dragon tanks in the house. I saw Cameron's dad. I reel back, surprised. He had long blonde hair and a huge ass beard- I didn't expect him to look like that.

I continued my crouch, silently walking into the house. "Come on Jack- just stop it now, yeah?"

"Get out of my house, Ivan." 

"You kept her in a truck- and he ain't your kid-" My eyes widen and I look at the guy. This is that toxic dickhead they told me about, who lives with the chick Cameron's dad got knocked up. I positioned myself in a certain way- letting me get a look at the guy. I smile, suppressing a laugh. They were right- he does have punchable face. I thought to myself, and with that, I lunged at the guy's lower torso, taking him down. Cameron's dad- Jack, shouted, confused. "Who are you?" He barked attempting to hit me. I punched him in the face. And the stomach. He sounded like a bitch. I heard running.

"Tsu-san!" Cameron entered the room.

"Who?" Jack asked, still confused. 

"You can't fight your own fight Jack? Gotta have your daughter get her man over?" I felt violated, immediately stumbling back. I heard Cameron gag, both because of the misgenderment and because of him calling me their "man". I agreed- that assumption was gross. "Oh-" He chuckled, getting up with a laugh. "You can't fight either bitch boy?"

"I can think of seven charges against you Ivan- get the fuck out of my dad's house. Now!" They pointed the gun at this dickhead. The guy I beat on a little looked at them with that idiotic look on his face. 

"You think I'm scared of you little girl?" I snarled, this guy, can die. I kicked him in the nuts. Hard. I grabbed the collar of his shirt, pulling him up against the wall. I pulled him towards me and then slammed him against the wall again, and again. He merely spat on me. "Keep on going- how do you think the police are gonna react?" He asks with a smirk on his face. I froze. Shit-

"I don't know Ivan. How are they going to react?" Cameron asked. They walked closer- and out of the corner of my eye I saw the little red dot on their phone. My eyes widen. That kiddo has been recording this entire time- "Archer has merely provided defense. You however- threats, beating, child endangerment, holding hostage, stalking.. Home invasion. I'm sure there's more." They list. I pull back, leaning to the right sensing Ivan lunge towards me. He went to punch me- and despite my years of fighting. I flinched. "Do you want to add assault too?" They bark. They toss the gun onto the couch and walk closer, still recording this. He froze mid punch, and I let go of a breath I didn't know I was holding. God damn you Tenshi. I thought with a vague laugh. 

I put my hand on his head and shove him off of me. I scramble to my feet, making my way to Cameron's dad. Cameron's eyes widen. "Arche-" Their shout melted with mine- and my vision faded to mine. My head felt like it was gonna explode. And then I fell to the ground.

April 18, 2022 02:16

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

20 comments

***INHALE*** ACTIONACTIONACTIONACTION JIDWSJOWDEIEWJWOEIF oh mah god me here wishing i could write liek u BTW I WAS SO SCARED WHEN THEY STARtED ASKED ABT THE GUN BUT AT THE END I WAS LIKE PHEW good job<3

Reply

Crows_ Garden
17:07 Apr 19, 2022

Oh jeez XD My writing is not that good- I wanted to add a bit somethin', glad it got that effect Thank you <3

Reply

HAHAHAAH yes it IS GRRRR IJDWIIQJWDI 😭💖 yes it did <333 ofc

Reply

Crows_ Garden
17:15 Apr 19, 2022

Ack- XD <3 <3 <3

Reply

SAUHASHSH <3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Reply

Crows_ Garden
17:22 Apr 19, 2022

o - o <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.