You are a Sign of Beauty and Intelligence.

Submitted into Contest #103 in response to: Write about a character looking for a sign.... view prompt

0 comments

Bedtime Contemporary Friendship

I am looking for a sign. A sign could guide me through the darkest moment of my life, the deepest valley of the mountain and the most mysterious ocean where I had drowned.

I am looking for a sign. A sign could lead me through the mist, through the jungle of mazes, through the foggy forest, through the most furious thunders and storms.

I am looking for a sign. A sign could show me the path of hopes and dreams, the beautiful marbles on my journey, the toughest weeds and wildflowers grow on my way to my legacy.

I am looking for a sign. A sign could coach me when I was lost in the sea of confusion, teach me when I was mazed by temptations and illusions, show me how and why when I was confused by evil and villains.

Then you showed up in my life, my Hero.

You are a sign of phenomenal beauty. I have never seen anyone else like you. No matter what happened, you always face the situation with the most gorgeous smile. I often ran to you and asked for your help when I was bullied in school or at work, then you always told me that, when I am facing bullies, just simply smile at them, they would think I am going to bite them. Honestly, this trick works every time I tried. When I was bullied, I felt sad and defeated, but with a smile, my mood and temper magically disappeared and I also had the most power weapon for bullies – forgiveness and courage. As a honorable Veteran, you taught me, hatred is the origin of all evils. Hating someone might hurt your enemies for a while, but it will hurt you at the same time and leave a scar on your soul. I watched your scars and wounds from the battlefields, which you had fought for most of your life, I believe in you and I am keeping my smile.

You are a sign of forgiveness. Ever since I was little, I had always been a terribly naughty child. I could never settle down in any situation and I was almost diagnosed with some mental problem. I was too active so I triggered so many troubles and some people even called me trouble-maker. Until I went to you, I was not sure what happened to me, I was totally tamed by you. Maybe it is because of your experience in coaching high school boys in baseball games, maybe it is your years experience in leading and coaching soldiers in several battlefields, maybe it is your true love in teaching, maybe it is your genuine talent in herding people, maybe it is your ingenious insight in studying people, maybe it is your intelligent thoughts in psychology, I am not sure. You never mind what I had done in the past, and always remind me that, everyone can have a chance to go back to the origin as long as the person put a mind to it. You always say, between good and evil, there is always an option, and the choice can be made by no one else but you. Tomorrow can be beautiful and ugly, and you are always the person who can make the choice. This world is beautiful because you make it beautiful. I always leave your words in my mind, and they always make me smile and never give up for the future. It is your forgiveness and generosity give me hope and dream, and give me the courage to move forward.

You are a sign of greatness. You are a very humble person and always look like a friendly convenient store man. No one can tell from your appearance and behavior, that you were a once fought in battlefields where terrorists were raging their fires and guns and killing innocents. No one could tell from your smile that you were a serious military Judge who was responsible for exercising justice and make sure the society is in a fair environment. No one can tell you were a Man, who drove various airplanes and tanks to go to work, monitoring submarines and swim with mermaids, flying in the sky with birds, running in the jungles with wild animals, and saving lives as always as a Superhero. You never brag about your past, because you said, whoever stay in the past would likely get PTSD and you think the future has more interesting things to look forward to. You are always reminding me that, life is always like a clock, no matter what happened, it always has only one direction, which is forward. No matter how terrible the past was, there is no way to move back or stay, but go forward with courage and faith.

You are a sign of intelligence. Ever since I met you, I had barely made choices with terrible consequence. Your method is a universal principle, which is to do everything with truth, courage, and compassion. I always remember you said, when you were a leader in the army, you made yourself study psychology very hard, until you made sure you understand all your soldiers and to herd them better. Because you know, every decision you made, it is about life and death, every step you take, it is about the failure or success of a mission. You always deny that you are smart, but a Man who always loves learning and studying, but never being slaved by the enormous amount of information. You are very humble about everything and I have never seen you brag about your success and triumphs. You are such an adorable creature.

You are a sign of cuteness. I know I am not smart, but you are always patient enough to teach me everything until I understand. I am very dependent on you and I can’t even imagine what the world would look like without your help and assistance. Your guidance always brightens my path forward and I need you.

May God blesses this beautiful Genius, to have a long and happy life. 

July 22, 2021 00:52

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.