Especially for You.

Submitted into Contest #225 in response to: Write a story about someone coming across their doppelganger.... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Contemporary Crime

This story contains sensitive content

@@@@÷÷÷#@###___<<=#$&&&&&&&#

Warning sexuality mentioned.

@@@######@@@#########@@@




It was Perfect, well maybe- perhaps- possibly- it was perfect! To Claire, the environment was at equilibrium. Looked in her mirror, it swung in a two-and-fro rhythm on a solid gold chain; it was sort of hypnotic? IF you believe in that? Do you believe in that??? Perhaps you better say NO? YOU'RE MINDS TOO STRONG HUH? No, don't answer me, as far as I'm concerned it's forgotten, I've paper shredded it!


Out the back yard, Claire's clients waited. They had eaten their food at 6am- the correct time! They had bathed in the order they were told to do! Ethe, the first bather looked the most like Claire! Caramel was the second bather, she spoke the most like Claire but did not have the same presence! One line of followers shortened, and the other line of clean and perfumed others lengthened. 


The last one, Lucy, knew she would always - should always - will always be last. Lucy was caught drinking from the group fountain with her mouth! Covid restriction violater! She was narcissistic! Her excuse - when presented to the then purple haired goddess of fate - was she was thirsty and she - she had panicked! The word, "Panic" saved her from being cast out into the wilderness, buried outside of the city of Brisbane! Or worse thrown on the Plains of Lowood- for the Eagles to circle above her rotting flesh - or the crows to peck at her exposed bones - and neutered kangaroos to toothpick at the grass stuck between their teeth. 


However, the word "panic" before the grande Claire, who in her greatest compassion, because everyone knew Claire was compassionate - Don't they? Fear entered their hearts, All the clients, including Lucy, nodded in unison. Ethe drew her breath in, puffing her chest up high! Yes, HIGH! The previous owner, handler, had used drugs, turned out to be a real stealth narcissist, and jailed! So Ethe, in that cage, had something to hide.


Claire knew Ethe's secret! However, the energy of Ethe, in her presence, was seductive and uplifting! Ethe shrilled, "Prepare for your new diagnosis!" Claire felt powerful! Ethe felt second powerful! Marcy felt third powerful! Jerry felt fourth powerful! And Lucy felt almost powerless!

Claire did a careful examination of Lucy's device! She had the numbers to enter Lucy's social media pyramids - she had the power to look up Lucy's health stats - she had the power to look at the configuration of words to see what words, or configuration of words Lucy must never say again! Never, Never again - She must not say them words never, never, never...Nev-Nev- Never again! In fact, those words are the narcissistic sin- along with sarcasm, which is Bipolar disorder! 


Narcissistic labelling can be a little bit kinder than Christianity! I mean the Devil is the now present Narcissis. HIS minions are no longer the demons government of the seven sins, they are the mentally ill! But one must submit to a dualities platform till the next is created!


Claire noticed Lucy had been speaking to a wild bird on YouTube. Her long claw, at the back attached of her three fingers dressed up with porcelain nails, tapped on Lucy's screen. In non-narcissistic body language that meant, 'I found the problem!' Lucy admitted her terrible two sins - drinking from the fountain - AND mixing with a wild bird!


Wild bird was blocked, and Lucy was deprogrammed! She had to sign a form stating She accepted that the police would be called should she ever contact Wild Bird again! Lucy accepted she would be last to bathe - last to drink - last to eat - she accepted the words she could not say as her mind stroked - her memory faded. Everyone was told, except Lucy, that Lucy's narcissistic tendencies MUST be diminished. So, in all their cleanliness, they must make her last to remind her of her self-importance, who no one wanted. Notice, I said the word 'Who'- Who no one wanted!


The whole system went really one. The pecking order allowed transference, blame, and baggage to be shifted with ease to Lucy, the bipolar, excepted this. I mean, she had drunk from the fountain - she spoke to Wild Bird! So the heavy matter of incomplete karmic action went not to the victim - but rather to Lucy, the deserved!


Today was different! The air was clearer. The earth moist from rain - the sun is a little dull! While Lucy stood in her most deserved and punished place, she saw Wild Bird! Wild Bird was laughing on his back, sliding on the lawn and washing his feathers. An announcement came over the cage loud speakers, "Madame Claire will not be attending present time communion today!" Everyone gave a sad sigh except Lucy and believe you/me, We all got it!!! But they had to stay silent with angry eyes trained to close do Lucy, or any other offender could not see, or have forewarning of something. 


Lucy saw Wild Bird fly to next door. The owner threw meet amongst her teethered lawn of different grasses, wildflowers, and weeds. She heard green language, the one she was told never to speak. She had seen hebrew online, and although not worthy, I learnt to read and draw the language! She also heard the next-door neighbour sing in that language and Wild Bird, the magpie, black and white between the patio and Swing, warble back.


Claire, in her cage indoors, wrapped in an electric blanket, glared at Wild Bird, "He's back!" The vet had done a home visit! Claire would be ok to return to her work in exactly three days! Wild bird, curious, perched on the window sill. A pane of glass separated them - the tame and the wild! Softly, Wild Bird whistled- "Just eat the HolyBasil next door - it's free!" Rage filled Claire - "Shoot him!" Her owner - Her handler - knew Claire was not herself - real sick - real unwell! He slipped a little something in her food to help her calm down!


The wire had exactly six breaks, no hang on, maybe- perhaps- could possibility - of seven, or maybe- perhaps- could possibly have eight! Claire was the only one to make decisions about what IS true. The others got confused easily, and their reality might not be true at all! 


A fox had skirted along the creek during dawn. Smelt the perfume, smelt the plush flesh, and somehow gnawed or banged the wire with a paw to break it. The sun was too fast in summer for poor fox! However, the birds were safe, even saved! The fox may have- could have- possibly- been the catharsis,


Lucy pushed through the wire. Spy cameras playing silent! Lucy hopped across the yard, under a broken palling to the neighbours yard. She saw things she had never seen before! She smelt stuff she had never smelt before! She heard green language - the universal language. She saw bees and butterflies! She smelt herbs and flowers of weeds!


A human hand nudged Lucy. "You poor thing, they locked you up in that cage over there. Didn't they?" Lucy replied, "It's not a cage. That's my home!" The woman could see the pulled feathered bleeding scars bare of downing. She could see the fed chemicals making the eyes glisten but the body and wings weak! She straightened her head, slowly turning, to artfully focus on what the rest of the neighbourhood had called, House of MI5 fine grass! Everyone thought the gazebo was a bit much! And his questioning as to rank and file like, "And who are you?", well really was over-the-top! They hated his loud, "Yah, yah proclamations!" He would sometimes lie so it looked like he was top of the conspiracy ladder, "Oh I know what happened at Dreamworld!" 


"My name is Claire", she said. Lucy cringed for the name 'Claire' was well- frightening! I mean, the name Claire was above maybe- perhaps- probably the name Jesus! Claire smiled, "You are on the other side of reality young Lucy. I will help you fly. For now you must stay will me!"


Lucy flew like, maybe- possibly- probably- a person learning to ride a bike. The food was nutritious to the body, as well as the mind! Lucy had language classes with the Wild Bird and she could warble now! Lucy still enjoyed hopping- hopping in a non-toxic, diverse garden! She could drink out of the bird bath without asking! She did not have to line up! She loved the crystals! She loved Claire! She was not frightened of this Claire! The Claire without rules! This Claire had no owner- no handler! She worked- she watched- netflix- she laughed- she even had sex out of marriage! 


The other Claire got well and looked at her dangling mirror speaking and when Claire speaks you MUST listen, "Mirror, mirror on the wall, Whose the fairest of them all?" But Claire the Narcissistic definer could only see herself. Perhaps- Maybe- Possibly- She was the fairest of them all? But I don't know, you might- possibly- probably- maybe- have to ask Claire? Claire looked at her face, her eyes glazed, her beak frowning, but she was never, ever sad, she was just disapproving and wanted a new narrator, perhaps someone who lies...

10...

9...

8...

Feel you breath

7...

6...

5..wiggle your toes

4- 3-

You're coming back-

2-

1!

Back-

Back in your body

WAKE UP!

🐇







November 17, 2023 23:15

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.