2 comments

General

I love pets, especially dogs. Aren't they so adorable? I have exams soon and I have been quite tensed. Due to the virus, our exams are post-poned.


So, today I was determined to sit and study. Study as hard as I can. I opened my book which had a lot of dust on the top -as I don't really study these day- I wiped it and opened the white pages with my skinny fingers. I read the chapter's name and started reading the questions and answers. Suddenly, I heard my dog barking. I left the book upside-down on my desk and hurdled near my dog, to see why he was barking. He was just barking at a fellow passerby. I told him, "Hey, cutie! It's just a pedestrian! There's no reason to bark at him, okay?" I went closer to him, sat on my haunches and petted his head.


He started licking my face and I looked at him and started hugging him, petting him and what not? We even played a little. Then, it hit my head that I was supposed to study now. I said goodbye to him and went to wash my skinny hands. Once I washed my hands, I came back and sat at my table -again- determined to finish atleast if a not a subject then, atleast a chapter. I held the pencil in my hand and started underlining some notes. I was thirsty. I headed to the kitchen and searched for cold water in the fridge. I was astonished to find some cold water. And so, I carried the bottle to my desk and kept it in on the edge of my desktop. My desk is near the window, so I started looking out at the nature. Then, I saw my other dog running free, in the nature. He looked so cute! Soon, my mom called me and told me to tie him. The reason was very simple. Our tenants may be attacked by our cute (malicious) dogs.


So, I went and called out to my dog -who- came running to me, put his paws on my belly and licked my hands. I caught hold of him, pulled his collar and tied him to the chain. Then, I gave him some water and started playing with him. I sat on my haunches because I feel more comfortable playing with my dogs that way. I said, "Shake hand." and he gives me his paw in a very adorable manner. And then I said, "Other hand." and he gave me his other paw. It was such a sweet moment! Then I stood up and said, "High-five!" and he stood on his hind legs and put his paws in air and touched my hands. I looked at him in awe. I felt proud because, I taught them these tricks. To be honest, I have four dogs whom I love very much. I myself take the responsibility of looking after them. It also includs training them. Each dog of mine has a different trick to show and amaze the people.


Soon, I said goodbye. I got inside my house, washed my hands and headed back to my desk. I held my pencil in my hand and continued where I left. I drank water when I was thirsty, and got snacks when I felt hungry. Out of the four charming dogs of mine, there is a female or a bitch. She is very pretty and lovable. She started hooting. No sooner did I hear the noise than I rushed to her. She was stuck between the wall and a tree. It seemed that she went there to probably catch a butterfly -as she loves catching them- and got caught up there. I went there, observed for a while trying to figure out how I get her out of there. I held her hind legs and pulled them up and then pulled them backwards, so that she could move back. As soon as I released her, she ran off in the open.


I laughed. I laughed really hard and she looked so sad when she was stuck there! I then washed my hands, had lunch and ate Ice-cream. Soon, I put food for my fellow dogs. I leave them to go do their business after they've eaten. So, my Labrador went near the edge of the lawn near the gate. I went there to get him back. And I saw these tiny creatures there, eating from the waste. They were three small adorable puppies! I hurried back home to report it to my parents and they asked me the colours on them. One was black, one full white and the other white with brown patches. So, I tied my dog to the chain and took my sister to go watch them. "They look so cute!" said my sister. Indeed, they did look cute. They had very appealing eyes and cute snouts.


After dessert, I couldn't study. Why? Because I was busy thinking about those cuties and my cuties and how dogs look so adorable! Then, I was thinking about those people who harm animals and how they should be punished. Also, how can someone be so cold-hearted and heart-less? Malicious thoughts and actions are of the wicked one. I also thought how good is of those people who take care of animals. Especially, the injured ones. How tiny NGOs take these animals who are hurt by the actions of the cruel, wicked and evil people. I tried studying though...but my thoughts didn't end. I felt like crying but, I controlled the tears from running down from my cheeks. I couldn't take it anymore. I thought about those puppies but, my mood wasn't cheered. But it so sad, to think about those puppies which were abandoned alongside the road. Perhaps, it might have been a human.


I went out where my dog rested. I remembered that I had to give my Labrador some medicines because recently, he was attacked my flies and maggots. He looked very sad and gloomy when he was sick but now, he looks happy and cheerful. I went out and saw him sleeping. I didn't mean to disturb him but it was necessary. I like giving him his syrups because, the way he takes his meds is very adorable. I put the syrup in a small bottle cap and give him to sniff it. Then, he'll put his pink tongue in the cap and tries to soak the syrup with his tongue. And sometimes, he'll even throw some or drop some on my hand. Then he will lick my hand in the most gentle way. So adorable right? So, anyways the pets have their lives and we humans have our own. I enjoy a lot with my fellow dog-mates and I think they too love me. They lick me and bite me in a very charming way. Mom says that I may even fall sick if I go close to them or some other reason. But, you only live once, right? So, I'd rather die playing with my pets other than due to some virus.


I am happy to have pets this quarantine though. I wonder what people without pets be living their lives like. If it was me I'd become a lunatic and start talking to myself like a psycho. See, I spent my whole day just playing with them and not do anything productive. I could finish only the first page of the chapter! The whole chapter consists of over thirty pages and I don't think I can with such cute distractions!

April 18, 2020 15:07

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Andrew Eller
22:34 Apr 25, 2020

Going over to see what the dog is barking at then getting distracted by cuddles and playing is so relatable! Thanks for sharing!

Reply

Ann D'Souza
08:00 Apr 26, 2020

I know right! It is the best feeling ever!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.