0 comments

LGBTQ+ Fantasy Teens & Young Adult

"The number one hero is coming here! He is picking the hero actor for his movie" My little brother screamed in my ear. 'There goes my morning nap' Our world is full of fakes, and I hate all heroes. My whole family praises these people who wouldn't care if they died. I get up and make some breakfast for my siblings. I'm the oldest of five kids. Our parents are never home, so I have raised them. I'm 16 the next oldest is the triplets who are 8. The youngest being 4, My parents weren't expecting to have more kids after me. I make some omelettes for all five of us. Our parents are home for once, but when they are home all they do is sleep or work from home.

"BOYS!" I yell, and the triplets come running down the stairs. I say their names, so they know who gets what chores.

"Milo, Bathroom. Max, downstairs. Elias, backyard." I tell them. As we eat I hear our father get up, when he walks into the kitchen I tell him the coffee is ready. I drink coffee because of my insomnia because raising four kids isn't enough. I read an article on my phone about the new hero movie. If I were to label myself I would say I'm a villain. I'm known at school as the biggest bully. I'm the top dog, a new kid is coming and I got tasked with showing them around. After I got the kids to school I start my way there. I see a teacher and a student.

"Good Morning Ash. This is Hazel." The teacher says. My believed full name is Ashlyn, but my parents just named me Ash.

"Morning, Come on." Hazel follows me as we walk down the hall. "What's your first block"

"Oh, um. Drawing 1" Hazel says.

"Same class, I'll show you around the school then show you the art room." When the tour was done she asked where my locker was. 'My locker? I haven't touched that since ... he disappeared.' 

"Why?"

"I just want to meet up with you at lunch," Hazel says. I look at her like a wild animal. No one knows that I have a power called Wolf. I see that Hazel saw the way my eyes looked.

"Sorry, It's just... being at a new school is nerve-racking." She says.

"You remember where the weight training room is?"

"Yeah, why?" she asks.

"Meet me there," I tell her and we head to art. At lunch she meets me there, I look at her as I'm working out. I have a scar on my shoulder from the many surgeries I had when I was little. I take my break and get some food out of my bag.

"Yo! Who's this cutie," Bradey asks, he is one of the football players.

"This cutie is mine. Back Off" I growl at him. Hazel looks at me confused. The group steps back to power up their powers. I shift into my wolf in the corner of my eye I see Hazel looking at my scars. The teachers rush down the stairs after 15 minutes of fighting. I am holding Hazel in my arms as I'm bleeding. The football players are all on the ground in pain. As the teachers are checking on the injured people I sneak out with Hazel. I got off campus before I hid my face in the crook of Hazel's neck. 

"What. What are you doing." Hazel asks. I feel her tense up when my teeth graze her neck. I hear clapping that interrupted my moment.

"BRAVO! You will be actors for my movie" The number one hero says walking toward us. I glare daggers at him. "Here is the information for filming." He walks off. I look at Hazel and she says the words I never expected. 

"You are no Hero, just a Villain," She says before connecting our lips. "I find that hot not going to lie" I smirk at her comment. I bring her home with me after school, and I didn't get into any trouble at the school. The Jocks had some drugs on hand when they found them after the fight. My parents picked my siblings. I told them that we got parts in the Hero Movie, but don't know what parts we got. My siblings were all over Hazel. When I put my siblings to bed I got some spare clothes for Hazel. Once she changed and came into my room I grab her hips and drag her onto my lap. She lets me use her body, I leave bite marks and hickeys. She also leaves a few on me. When we head to the film site we are given our skits. I see who has what roles.

"WHAT! I DO NOT PLAY A HERO" I scream at the director.

"You showed a true hero's actions the other day."

"Bullshit. I just beat the football team to a pulp and use her body." I say and grab Hazel's waist. After hours of fighting, no changes were made to the roles. 'I am not happy with these roles' Many of the other actors were upset for not getting the hero role. When I got home and talked to my parents about this role they were very happy This movie changed my life. I am now 25 and I have been cast as a hero or main character in all my movies. I am no hero, I'm a villain. I and Hazel have since married and we have adopted two little girls. Kiki is five and has brown hair with white hair. Many kids make fun of her hair. She has vitiligo, we care for her during summer more due to sunburns. Our other darling is three. She is very independent, but she loves to help her sister. My brothers are now teens, and we see each other often. My youngest brother plays almost every sport he can. The triplets are in the band, they play different instruments. My parents aren't active in their lives. I bought a house big enough for my family and brothers. We work with many filmmakers, and one of my friends has started to find villain roles for me to play. I hope this shows who I truly am.

"Hey Wolfie, We gotta go to the premiere".

May 25, 2022 16:06

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.