0 comments

Fiction Romance

This story contains sensitive content

[PLEASE NOTE: THIS STORY CONTAINS BDSM RELATED THEMES AND INDIRECT REFERENCES TO VIRGINITY IF SENSITIVE, PROCEED WITH CAUTION

]Ares was one of the top draws at Club Dystopia. His jet black hair, violet eyes and muscled physique drove every woman insane wanting to be a willing captive of the god of war. I, on the other hand, took one look at my scarred body when I'd go to change for my shift and see a short, chubby girl with trust issues.

I'd often think things to myself like "His assistant tonight's one lucky woman." "Life's not fair, ya know. I tried to fit a certain way look and it just didn't work."

I even tried a so called "Dom" named Justin. All he wanted from me was to fill a gap. I didn't fit his lifestyle.

He wanted a harem. I wanted a happy ending.

That's when I decided to contact my cousin Allison. We were close as two peas in a pod. If anyone could help me get my groove, it was her and her clan.

I walked into the club one night and saw Poppy, my best friend now, tending bar.

"Hiya! Welcome to Club Dys-- Oh my gawd! You can't look like that in here!"

I looked at my dress and basic heels.

"Why?"

"Woman, you're dressed for church! Let me ask ya one simple question, and keep it one hundred with me. Are you a virgin?"

I stood in shock.

"No! I slept with a man before!"

Poppy looked at me.

"Just one?"

I lowered my head.

"That does it! Follow me."

Reluctantly, I followed. Poppy asked me a series of questions.

"Where'd you get that dress?"

"Walmart."

"Figures. Looks like a dress my Nanny'd wear. Get behind the screen. Hand it over."

"I don't have anything else!"

"You will, now shush."

I handed my dress over the screen.

"Let's see the undergarments. Bet those are grandma approved too."

I stepped out from the screen.

"Well, Holy Moses! Who made you wear this?"

"It's all he left me. He shredded my other things."

"Ex boyfriend?"

"Yeah. It's not fair. He got to look like Luke Bryan. I had to look like.. Well, this."

Poppy shook her head, sympathetically.

"Life's what you want to be. Fairness is subjective. Master Hall and Mistress Vex get a lot of people coming in here looking for fresh starts and second chances. Shayla's one of the reeeally lucky ones. Found Silas, a pediatric neurosurgeon. He takes the kind of care of her she's needed all her life.

Who know? Maybe, You'll find that here too. In the meantime, try this on and tell me what you think. I noticed some basics and did a quick scour of the wardrobe. Hope you like it!"

I pulled the dress from over the screen. It was merlot colored. The top covered my breasts perfectly and it came to the middle of my calves. The dress hugged my curves perfectly. I stepped out from the screen.

"Holy cow, major improvement. Sorry, couldn't find shoes. Those are cute with that anyway. Now, hair needs an adjustment and some lipstick and you'll be straight."

I was terrified at what Poppy would do. I was amazed at the fact she just ran an air brush through the few curls I put into my hair and applied a shade of red lipstick called "Scarlett Wine".

"What's your name, Doll?"

"May."

Poppy looked at me.

"You mean like the month?"

"Yup."

"Cursed from the get go. Your new name, if anyone asks, is Scarlett. Got it?"

"I understand."

"Good. Let's go."

Poppy took me out to the floor. There, scenes of all sorts happened. That's when He locked eyes on me. I felt an immediate heat overtake my body.

I saw him, in ripped jeans with exposed black boxers, talking to a guy. Then saw the guy approach the bar.

I never felt exposed but if this is that feeling.. It's absolutely terrifying.

Poppy and I approached the bar as the guy, now wearing a"SECURITY" shirt walked to us.

"Poppy,"

"Yes, Drake, ever constant thorn in my side."

"Ares wanted to know about your.."

He side eyed Poppy.

"Friend."

Poppy giggled.

"Scarlett's training. She's not ready. Tell the god of war to keep his boxers on, okay?"

Drake smirked.

"He's not gonna like this."

"He's not gonna like a virgin either or is that his new thing now?"

"I'll run it past the war god. He might accept virgin sacrifices."

The interaction between the two of them made me sick. I felt like a piece of meat. It's not fair. I'm a human being.

"Was that funny?"

"It kept them away, didn't it? Life isn't all sugar and happy ever after. Ever wonder why it's called Dystopia? The girls who work here, Scar.. We've lived hard lives. We don't get happily ever after. We're lucky we get to rebuild after a disaster with someone who gives us security enough to make that possible. Don't start getting all judgy. We're a different breed here. If ya don't like it, the door to whatever you left is there. Don't let it hitcha where God splitcha."

Poppy walked away leaving me with a lot to think about. A young woman with a cane walked up to me.

"Poppy's rough but she means well. I'm Shayla. I help here sometimes. What's your name?"

"May but Poppy insisted on renaming me Scarlett."

"Honestly, I like May better but it's up to you and whoever you pick. Sy calls me Dove. It's a funny story. When I met him, I literally fell for him. Scraped my knee."

I giggled.

"He was a broken man and I was broken myself. We kinda mended each other. It's a delicate thing. You'll find a balance, friends and a community you'd never known. It takes getting used to but it's worth it. Let me know if you have questions or need a friend. Have a good night."

Shayla walked away from me, easing my conscience.

I have no idea what I'm getting into or what was to come but I'm excited by the experience.

August 05, 2022 20:51

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.