0 comments

Fiction Fantasy Contemporary

Don was a software specialist and would often travel around the country to meet customers. His wedding with Liz was to come off in March. That day in December he called up Liz and asked “Where would do we go for the honeymoon?”

“They say Phuket in Thailand is ideal.”

He said “I haven’t been to Thailand. Yes it would be a good destination. I’ll check”

As the wedding day neared Don said “There is an important contract to be negotiated. Don’t be disappointed if we don’t go to Phuket. I’ll take you there later. That is a promise. Our honeymoon may be in Reed which I visit often. I’ll make the hotel reservations.”

Goddess Isis was passing Reed with the nymph Micra when she said “I’m in a playful mood. The honeymoon suite in hotel Shangri-la is booked for Don and Liz. Let us stand in the way for the fun of it. We must break journey for it.”

The wedding was over. Don and Liz were readying for the trip to Reed. She was eager to appear before him in the see through nightie which she had packed.

That evening the doorbell rang. He opened the door and found a beautiful young woman standing outside.  

She said “I’m Micra. You must be Don.”

He nodded. She said “I’ve come to talk to you a few moments.”

“Come in and sit down. I’ll introduce my wife. We were wedded this day.”

Liz joined but wasn’t inclined to talk to Micra. Micra said “Cohen who owns the shop here selling antiques told me you’re interested in old books, paintings, statues etc. There is a statue of Adonis available in Reed city. It was in the Kingsbury estate which has been sold. I can offer it to you at a low price.”

“Are you a dealer?”

“No. I’m a deal fixer. The value of the Adonis is at least a million dollars. I can offer it to you very cheap.”

“Let me see it. Not now but after I’m back from Reed city to which I’m going tomorrow.”

“I can show it to you if I go with you.”

Liz didn’t like the proposal but he whispered to her “See how much money we will get. Let her come.”

He ssid “Micra we’re going by car and will leave at 7 AM.”

She left saying “I’ll join you.” It was almost 7 in the evening when they reached Reed. Micra didn’t join for lunch nor did she need a comfort stop as did Liz. They went into the Shangri-la hotel. The receptionist Tara received them and said “Welcome Don and Liz. The honeymoon suite has been booked for you.”

Don said “This is Liz’s sister. She joined us later. Let her have a room.”

“I can manage with your room” said Micra.

Tara said “How can you? These’re honeymooners. And we’re full up. I’ve one spare room, unnumbered downstairs but it is also comfortable. What I suggest is the two ladies share the honeymoon suite and Don can be downstairs.” Liz was disappointed.  Tara then said “Don this package had arrived for you.”

Don said “Let us fix everything after going to the room.”

Tara led them to the honeymoon suite and left.

Liz said “Micra you haven’t even brought an overnight bag.”

 Don got a call and he went out to answer. Micra said “Don’t worry about my change of attire. I can be nude.”

She removed her dress when Don returned. Liz shouted “Dress up. Don is here. Use this.” She threw a nightie at Micra who wrapped herself up in it. Liz saw that in her hurry she had thrown the see through nightie at Micra and she was comfortable in it. She brought out one more dress and gave it to Micra saying “Drop that wear this. It is more decent.”

 She changed and said “It is short and shows too much. I might as well be nude.”

“You can’t be nude since Don is here.”

The doorbell chimed and Micra opened it. It was Tara. She said “I’ve come to ask if you’ve resolved the problem with rooms.”

Tara eying Micra’s dress said to herself that woman could have been nude. Why did she allow her sister to join when she was on honeymoon?

Don who was opening the package given by reception brought out a statue of Adonis who was standing nude without a stitch on.

Tara who was observing the happenings was now called away to reception.

Don said “Wonderful. Micra how much will it cost me?”

Micra said “Don’t be in a hurry. All in due course.”

Liz was now furious and said “You had said you’ll get us the statue cheap and now ask us to wait. Take your statue and get out from here.” She went to attack Micra and was turned into a large gold fish. She started swimming in the fish tank which had water but no fish.

She said “Don, without Liz we can enjoy ourselves.”

The gold fish sprang out from the tank and almost hit the ceiling before falling back into the water.

Tara now came and not seeing Liz saw the toilet door open. She went and checked: No one inside! What happened to Liz? At once she suspected some crime had been committed. She sent a message to the local police station. “Three came and one woman out of them is missing. There seems to be some sale of a statue. All this needs investigation.”

In a sḥort while Inspector Shiny came to investigate. She thought Micra looked like a call girl though she appeared very good looking. Shiny started asking questions to learn about the case. She was attracted by the gold fish and kept glancing at it. She asked “Where is Liz?” The fish jumped almost to the ceiling and landed in the tank.

Tara said “The statue is on that table.”

Shiny opened the package and looked. Don merely looked on.

Shiny said “I recall this was stolen from Kingsbury estate. I don’t know how it came to be here.”

Shiny noticed that whenever some question came up about Liz the gold fish would jump. That was surprising. Shiny asked the gold fish “Are you Liz?”

The fish jumped several times. Suddenly Liz walked out of the tank. She was totally nude. Shiny shouted “There is a male here. Cover up.”

Tara said “It doesn’t matter. Don is her husband.”

Liz pulled on her see through nightie.

Shiny said “I’ve to investigate the matter of the missing statue. The package seems to be suddenly missing!”

Tara who had momentarily gone out returned and asked “Where is Micra?”

 She was missing.

Tara said “Let us forget about whatever or whoever is missing.  Let us leave Don and Liz to enjoy their honeymoon. There were too many interruptions.”

Shiny said “Something magical seems to be happening here. Let me go. I only investigate facts.”

As she went out Tara thought about her husband. He neglects me. He perhaps needs a spark to ignite him. Telling him all about the nudes and happenings of the day could trigger him. I still need his handling.

As Shiny went out she thought about Micra’s beautiful form and also how Liz looked nude. She was stirred. Her husband was a drink addict. He only wants drinks and doesn’t want me. I’m going to tell him about the nudes and happenings of the day to create the spark to trigger him. I still need his handling!

END

September 03, 2023 10:44

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.