0 comments

Christian Friendship Inspirational

"Clarissa" was the name on the necklace she found while walking in the woods. How odd to think that she couldn't even find a bicyle license plate with her name on it! But here, her very own name appeared at the end of the delicate gold chain. It dangled between her fingers. She lovingly moved her fingers to trace each letter. She had always loved her name. Though obviously it was not common.

This necklace piqued her curiousity. "What is she like?" She wondered to herself. "Is she like me?" A lover of nature, animals, and almost all humanity; Clarissa was amazed at the world all around her. This spot, in fact, was one of her favorite trails to visit also. Odd that a necklace with the same name appeared here and that she, in particular, had found it.

Maybe odd wasn't even an accurate word to describe this "happen chance." Maybe it was more than coincidence. She had been thinking lately that she didn't know who she was anymore. It seemed like though she liked almost all humanity, that many of her interactions left her wanting more. Everyone seemed so surface level in her world. They were busy on their phones and in their lives. Who was she to interrupt their pursuits? It just felt so lonely.

In fact, it was that longing that had brought her here today. The woods never felt lonely. They felt full, vibrant, and alive with delightful characters. Squirrels that raced from place to place who would stop and curiously stare. They saw her! They didn't have phones in their hands. Maybe acorns, but not a cell phone. Though they did not seem apt to share those treasures with her either. On they would look, before they got distracted and ran up the nearest trees. Those brief moments made her feel known.

Perhaps, that is what she had found herself craving lately. Deep companionship, deep friendship, and solice for her soul. Surface level exchanges did not in fact fill that void. They left her dry and empty, parched in her inner depths. But she believed that change was on the way. Great hopes, expectations, and dreams filled her heart of what it would be like to have a best friend.

One of her biggest struggles had been that she was eclectic in her pursuits. When one loves life and everything around you, it is hard to narrow down "your thing." So she met many fascinating people. These "friendships" would start out so great, but would fizzle away quickly. They just didn't seem as interested in maintaining the relationship as she was. She wanted a "kindred spirit." Someone who enjoyed hanging out, doing the same things she loved.

It seemed there should be someone who understood her and longed for the same things. Maybe this necklace was the just the beginning of that great friendship. Surely someone who shared her unique name, would share her varied interests. She loved books, animals, quilting, crafting, gluing, eating out, movies, eating in, good food in general, cooking, and all things cozy. Yes, that sounded like some huge expectations of a friend. "Clarissa" whomever she was might just share all those interests and more. Obviously, they had good taste in beautiful places. She would find this other "Clarissa" and welcome her into her life. It gave her great hope to imagine all of the endless possibilities ahead. This "Clarissa" had surely changed her perspective and focus. She had a new awakening in her heart of her dreams. A new realization of who she was, what she loved, and what she desired.





January 25, 2022 09:22

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.