Be careful what you wish for. (Version 2.)

Submitted into Contest #95 in response to: Start your story with someone being presented with a dilemma.... view prompt

27 comments

Drama Romance Fiction

(This is what would've happened to Ceila if she didn't do the dare. Btw if you want to know what the dare was, ask in the comments.)

"I dare you to..." As Colton whispers the dare into my ear I freeze.

"No, I can't do that. Jason won't like it." I say.

"You have to, I quadruple dog dare you. Besides, he'll like it."

"Fine, but I will get revenge."

As I walked to my car to start the awful dare I feel my heart speed up. I can't ignore this dare, Colton might be Jason's best friend, but sometimes I wonder why he sticks around him.

I drive to my house, get in the shower and think for what seems like forever. Then I get a message....it's Colton.

"Tell him to be there in 30 mins, then is when you'll do the dare."

I start typing... I'm not doing th-. Then I erase it and continue my shower.

Once I'm out of the shower I hear my phone ring, oh dear. It's Jason, on facetime. What do I do? I grab the towel, and wrap it around me, then answer.

"Hey, babe. What are you doing?" He says in his handsome voice.

"Just got out of the shower, actually I wanted to ask you can you be here in.." I check the time, "about 15 minutes?"

"Sure. I just wanted to check up on you. Something in my mind told me to call you and say, whatever struggle you're going through, you don't have to proceed. God will handle it." Oh my gosh, it's like he knew what was going on.

"Thanks, see you soon. Bye..." I hang up and get dressed. Maybe I shouldn't go through with this. I hear a knock, it's only been 3 minutes. Hmm.

I quickly put on my shirt and go downstairs. I look through the peephole, it's Steven, my close friend. What is he doing here? He's supposed to be in Wyoming.

I open the door and he quickly comes in and shuts the door.

"Stevie, what's wrong?" I ask, he is breathing hard.

"Don't do the dare." He says straight forward. "I was there. I might sound crazy but, I'm from the future. If you do this dare, you will regret it." Is he right? Is he from the future? What is going on?

"Steven, how far into the future? Tell me what happens!"

"I don't think that's wise. But I'm from 10 months later. I have to go."

The last thing I hear as he vanishes from my home is "Don't do the dare."

Should I listen to him? I don't think I'm gonna do the dare. Plus I'll be like that with Jason sometime in our future. I think.

But I have to call Steven! Ring, Ring, Ring. "Hello?" Steven answers.

"Hi, the weirdest thing just happened! I just saw you, 10 months from now! I'm not lying." I saw, continually having to stop him.

"Are you sure? I mean, sure it's insane but I'll believe you." I felt a touch of sarcasm.

""Do you need me to come down there? I will!" Now, I'm mad. Steven always believed me, but I guess I do sound a bit crazy.

"Whatever you want. It's boring down here anyway. All I do is watch T.V. and eat." Understandable, his boss made him take a vacation, apparently he earned it. So he had to go, though he didn't want to.

Should I go? Hmmm.

"Fine, I'll come. Whatever you said to me- you from the future- means I shouldn't do the dare. So getting away would mean not doing the dare. I got some packing to do. Bye." I hung up before Steven could say anything and ran upstairs, then heard a knock. Crap, it's Jason. Okay, stay calm, you'll say that you just- hmm- you just. $%&@. It's 12:38am, why would you want him here at midnight!?

Another knock, maybe he'll go away. I go downstairs, look through the peephole. Still there, I open the door and he says "Hey, are you okay? It's midnight, I'm here, and I'm pretty sure you said no intimate stuff until marriage." Oh crap. I freeze, my mouth slightly open, SPEAK!

"I think you should stay away from Colton." I blurt.

"I was thinking the same thing, he dared me something I knew you wouldn't like and so I left, and told him to never talk to us again." Huh, I wonder, was it the same dare?

"Jason, what did he dare you? I won't get too mad."

"Well, he dared me- something- you don't like."

"I 'don't like' a lot of things Jason. He dared me something too, I'm not sure if you don't like it but. Ugh, whatever, you should go. Goodnight." We kiss and I close the door.

------- -------

Next morning... (5 am.)

------- -------

I'm packed, yes, I was up till 2am packing and scheduling things. I'm gonna go to the airport, ask if there is a flight to Wyoming and then demand a seat. Probably not demand, but, you get the idea.

----- -----

At airport.

----- -----

"Excuse me? Is there a flight to Wyoming? How long is the flight, and where do I go to get on?" I ask the lady at the desk.

"Um, there is a flight in 1 hour, the flight is 5 hours and a half, and it is at gate F."

"Can I get a ticket?" She then looked surprised and confused.

"You need a ticket in advance. But maybe I can figure something out..." She looks at her computer, typing, and scrolling for what seems like forever, "Ok, there are two seats available. One in first class, and one in premium economy. Are you willing to pay for one?"

Oh, dear. "I'll take premium. How much does it cost?"

"$374, going there, but coming back... when do you plan to come back?"

"July 3... today, through..... July 20?"

"Okay, that would be $689."

"Thanks."

----- -----

Finally after flight.

----- -----

The whole way I heard bad music, kids, and lots of conversation. I'm so glad I'm off that plane. I left at 7:30 am and got here at 10:40 am. I should text Steven.

"Hey, so I got some news."

"What's up?"

"I'm here. In Wyoming. At the airport."

"Holy crap, I'm on my way."

"Okay, good. How long will you take?"

"Umm, about an hour? Why?"

"Because I can just take a taxi."

"Oh right duh, here's my address ..................." I can't tell you that.

----- -----

1 hour later.

----- -----

"Thank you!"

"Yeah, yeah. Get out." How rude.

I walk to the door and knock. Then everything goes black.

I see, Steven, we are in a black space. "Hello. I'm telling you if you do this, if you stay with my past self, you'll still regret something. All I can tell you is DON'T get drunk. And, I won't be here forever."

Then I go back to Steven's front door. He opens it and hugs me.

"I missed you so much!" Then he does the unthinkable, kisses me.

"What the $#&@? You know I'm dating Jason!"

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean-" He's trying to justify himself. It's kinda cute.

"It's okay. I'm tired, I've had a long day, I just wanna sleep."

"Are you sure? You could slap me or something."

"I'm sure." Then he leads me inside we put my stuff in the second bedroom of the vacation house, and I finally sleep.

------ ------

Next morning.

------ ------

After I slept for 4 hours we watched a movie and talked, and talked. And then I was barely tired so I stayed up till 12. Dang, you, stupid sleep schedule mess up! At least there is only a two-hour difference, I live in New york.

---- ----

1 week later.

---- ----

I don't believe myself. How could I do that?

You know what, I think, I should call Jason.

"Hello? Are you okay?" He says.

"Yes, but you won't be in a minute."

"Why? What's going on? Celia? I love you."

May 26, 2021 21:36

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

27 comments

Pippin Took
19:11 May 27, 2021

:O I LIKE IT! SO MUCH HAPPIER! WHAT WAS THE DARE I GOTTA KNOW!

Reply

19:12 May 27, 2021

You'll find out in the next story, sorry. :)

Reply

Pippin Took
19:13 May 27, 2021

OOOH THERE'S ANOTHER ONE?? YAS

Reply

19:14 May 27, 2021

If it gets to 8 likes by next Monday.

Reply

Pippin Took
19:18 May 27, 2021

OKAY ILL SEND TO MY IRL BFF

Reply

19:23 May 27, 2021

Ok. But wait, you said Irl Bff, does that mean we are friends?😃

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Kate Reynolds
12:42 May 28, 2021

OOOO GREAT SECOND PARTTTTTT But what was the dare????????

Reply

15:18 May 28, 2021

You'll find out in the comments of "Be careful what you wish for. (Version two, Part two.)" Sorry! :)

Reply

Kate Reynolds
19:53 May 28, 2021

Awwwww QwQ Oh well, tell me when you post it!

Reply

17:29 May 31, 2021

I posted it last Friday. (May 28) :)

Reply

Kate Reynolds
19:28 May 31, 2021

OOHHHH YAY

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Liv's Stories
03:03 May 28, 2021

I loved this story i'm @Pippin Took's friend :)

Reply

15:17 May 28, 2021

She mentioned you! Thanks so much!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
19:11 May 27, 2021

You want more to the story? If so, get it to 8 likes by June 2nd.

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.