1 comment

General

THE INVISIBLE REVENGE 

SCRIBBLINGS OF SSG 

She should have not opened that old iron travel trunk that day. 

She doesn't know the history of that old iron travel trunk. Nothing can be changed, 

Rest in History ...

March 22, 2020

The day to be reminded of the history of the World.

It was a Sunday and I am being lazy woke up at 9. I am a resident on the outskirts of the big town in India. I lost my parents and other belongings in a disaster where thousands of harmless citizens lost their life’s to an Invisible creature " TORON ". The spread of this virus destroyed the hope, life and confidence of thousands of people. I and my wife was the only person who survived after the disaster. We lost all our relatives, friends, properties and hope. People who had a positive result for this virus were burnt alive. The government had no other way, and hence burnt all the belongings and their relatives to prevent the spread of the disease. The country has lost a quarter of its population within a week and a half by the end of a month. The day I left my parents and lost them, 23 MARCH 1995 ...

March 23, 1995 

The whole country was burning. Every house with more than four peoples were burnt with all their properties and belongings. The country was only hearing the screams of harmless citizens being burnt in the fire. Every day a pollster visits every mansion in the streets, if he finds any of the inmates who are sick/hurt he orders the government to burn the mansion with all inmates being locked inside. 

The day doesn't start well. My father was hurt badly in a fire incident last night and my mother was helping him with the bandages. Suddenly, there was a strong knock in our Mansion door. My mother opened the door, it was a pollster who asked a few questions to my mother standing outside and finally peeped inside to have a look at the environment. He found my father who was lying on a bed with leg half-bandaged. The pollster suddenly pushed my mom and entered inside the room. He came closer to my father, who was feeling hard to stand-up. An unthinkable scene has happened there. The pollster forcly pushed my father in the bed and poked the wounds with the pen and pad he had. This made the situation even more badly, my father's legs and Hands were shivering hardly and he died within a minute. The pollster stared at my father for a minute and ordered to burn this mansion with all inmates being locked. All other families were screaming aloud in the mansion and I requested my mother and my wife to escape from here. My mother refused it and forced me to leave the mansion with all the belongings in an iron travel trunk. After twenty minutes of debate, I finally lost and ran out of the mansion with my wife, leaving my mother and father inside. That's the last time I saw them in my life, I know they are no more in this World.

March 26, 1995 

After three days of travel, we finally decided to stay in a Boathouse in the streaming river so that we won't be caught and burnt. We got into an old and a little damaged boathouse which can't even withstand a fast downstream. But we had no other options other than riding it. We took the boat, after several attempts the boat started with a huge cracking noise. The engine was in good condition only the cover surfaces were old wooded and damaged. We considered that start as a new start in our life. But everything in this world will not have a good ending, there are some exceptions, which was the same in our life too ...

July 13, 1998 

It was three years since we entered the boat. We can't get stylish clothes to wear, a Hi-fi lifestyle which we had in our mansion, A dining table filled with fifty different dishes. All we got is the clothes which we wore on the day we left the mansion, a normal lifestyle everything based water, a small dinner with what I got from the river. Sometimes we get big fishes and sometimes we get empty baskets. Nature gave us a new life which we loved so much. July 14, it was my birthday and my wife presented me with thousands of kisses. Then, she opened the iron travel trunk which we took from the mansion and pulled out my father's coat for me to wear on the occasion. We haven't opened that trunk till that day. Within a minute of pulling out the coat from the trunk , my wife fell on the ground with blood leaking from her eyes and every other part of her face. I was frightened and scared to see her like that, suddenly she stood up her mouth open and blood flowing from eyes and ears of her face. She came facing towards me, I closed the iron travel trunk and jumped off the boat. She was screaming from the boat with blood all over the face and leg floating in the air. It was hard for me to swim by carrying the iron travel trunk on my back. After swimming a few yards from the boat I turned and had a look at her, she was beating herself and then finally killed herself.

I continued to swim, swim, swim...

After long hours of Swimming, I was loaded into a fisherman's boat, for a few minutes, I was unable to speak and then slowly rescued from the fear. Before reaching the port, I explained to him the scenes which took place in my boathouse. He replied with a huge laugh that my wife in the boathouse can even hear it. He left me in the banks of the river, adjoining a small developed village. I entered the village and clarified a few things such as date, place and time of the current location. After a few hours of spending time with the villagers, I ignited a conversation about THE TORON virus to villagers. They were more updated about current affairs and economic levels too. I future asked about the causes and effects of the virus. The replies from them were heartwarming. Then I came to know that the virus spread has destroyed ninety percent of the country's population and my parents were also the one among them. I collected some money and information from the villagers to return to my hometown.

August 2, 1998

After three years I entered my hometown. The town has been newly constructed with new plans, all the old mansions were burnt and new villas were constructed. The documents which I had carried with me became invalid and no more the same structure is followed and the collector asked me to stay on the outskirts of the city for the well being of all the citizens. Nothing can be done, I had lost everything in my life except an old iron travel trunk which I had taken from the same place 3 years ago. Agreeing to The Collector's decision, I was taken to the outskirts of the town by the Inspector and was given compensation with a small 2BHK independent villa. I hoped it as another new start for the rest of my life.

Back to Current life, 

March 22, 2020

Since it was a Sunday, I woke up late and had planned to clean my cupboards. At 2 in the afternoon, I opened the cupboard and started the job. The Maid of my quarters, in a curiosity opened the old travel trunk and started to investigate over it. I was very much scared that some evil will happen. But it was a smooth one until the maid left the house. I received a phone call in the evening from the Collector stating that a new virus has been spread in the streets of the town. After an hour later, the Maid's husband called me and informed me that she was dead with blood leaked from various parts of her face. This incident perfectly co-related with the incident that I saw in the boathouse.

March 23, 2020

For the whole night I was browsing on the disaster which had happened 25 years ago in the same town and compared it with the current situation. I finally conclude that : 

"THE VIRUS NAMED TORON IS BACK IN ACTION. THE VIRUS WHICH RULED THE WORLD IN THE YEAR 1995 IS BACK WITH EVEN MORE FORCE. THE VIRUS ACTS ON A PERSON WITHIN A HOUR DEPENDING ON THE IMMUNE SYSTEM OF THE INFECTED PERSON AND STARTS TO SPREAD ONCE THE PERSON IS DEAD. WITHOUT EXAMING THIS THE GENERAL's 25 YEARS AGO BURNT ALL THE INFECTED PERSON. AS A CITIZEN AND AN EXPERIENCED PERSON I REQUEST THE GOVERNMENT TO TAKE SOME MEASURES EXCEPT BURNING THE VICTIMS THAT THE LAST GOVERNMENT DID BEFORE THEY WERE DEAD ..". 

July 20, 2020 08:21

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Mirabella E.
16:45 Jul 30, 2020

I really like the letter formate and length. I don't exactly enjoy the capitalization at the end but I understand why you did it.

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | Illustrated Short Stories | 2024-06

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in Reedsy Studio. 100% free.