2 comments

High School Sad Teens & Young Adult

What's wrong with me? There must be something wrong with me to be this stupid I thought to myself before shaking my head.

"Watch where your going freak" I heard Andrew say I looked down at my feet quickly and nodded silently I knew better than to talk to Andrew. I chanced a glance up and saw Andrew and his minions walking to there next class laughing at something probably me it always was. I sighed before shaking my head and begging to walk to my own class that I had now which was math.

"Hey Flower" Max called from somewhere behind me I didn't need to turn around to know it was Max he was the only one who called me Flower. My real name is Marigold not a lot of people know that it's a type of flower but it is and I really like my name it's special to me. That was the name my mom wanted for me but she died giving birth to me my dad decided to name me that to honor my mom.

"Hey Max" I said once he got closer to me I turned around and kissed his cheek and hugged him he kissed my forehead and I giggled. A lot of people at school thought we were dating but Max was like a brother to me I didn't have any siblings. Max did but they were all grown up and out of the house so we stuck together.

"Did, Andrew bug you before I got here?" Max questioned I rolled my eyes at him I could handle myself i'm tough but Max knew me better than that. I acted tough but I wasn't I acted like each time Andrew called me freak, weirdo, and nerd it didn't hurt me but it did. Every single time it hurt me it always hurt me but I had to be tough I just had to be that's how I was raised growing up without out your mom is hard. My dad was always away he couldn't look at me without seeing my mom so he thought it best to just distance himself from my life. I grew up at Max's house basically I was always there his mom and dad were like my mom and dad they even called me there daughter. That always made me glow because I at least knew someone wanted me even if my dad didn't.

"Flower" I looked up to see Max looking at me with a frown on his face I tried to smile at him but it came out as a grimace.

"Thinking of your father honey" I looked up at Max and nodded my head Max always knew when I was thinking of him Max said my face turns said when I think of him.

"He's an idiot honey we have been over this you are to good for him anyway." I looked at Max again and hugged him burring my face into his chest as he rubbed soothing circles on my back.

"Thanks Max, your the best brother anybody could every ask for." I said he smiled at me and took my hand right as the bell rang he gave me another smile and we walked to math class. I looked at Max and smiled as I took my seat in the back of the classroom I hated math because of Andrew.

"Hey look at the little baby were you crying" Andrew taunted me I didn't move I looked straight forward I was as still as a statue.

"Are crying because daddy doesn't want you." Andrew taunted me I felt myself stiffen Andrew has bullied me all my life but never has he said anything about my dad.

"You shut your mouth Andrew" I said giving him a death glare all he did was laugh at me I hated him I hated him so much.

"What is the little baby going to do" Andrew taunted me again I lost it then I finally cracked I jumped out of my seat and stood up in front of Andrew. I looked around the classroom and I saw that everyone was looking at Andrew and I I looked over and caught Max's eye. I winked at him, he raised his eyebrows and looked between Andrew and myself I looked back at Andrew then raised my fist and punched him in the face. I watched as Andrew fell back and heard several people gasp I smirked though an doubt of the corner of my eye I saw Max smirking to.

"Never talk to me about my dad ever again, oh and if you try to again this day." I said I walked back down to my seat and picked up my backpack I ran out of class before anybody could say anything to me. I kept running and running until I was at the front of the school I sighed and sat down I looked around the campus I tried not to cry. Though I couldn't help it despite my best efforts I cried I was a waterfall that could not be stopped I forgot how it felt to cry. No, not cry I was full on sobbing I haven't cried like this in years I always thought it made you weak but maybe I was wrong maybe it makes you stronger. I wiped my eyes when I heard foot steps behind me but I already knew who it was it was Max.

"Hey Flower, you okay" Max asked me sitting down beside me and wrapping me into his arms I shook my head because I couldn't speak. I knew that if I tried to speak right now all that would come out would be a sob. I heard giggling behind me and Max I looked back and saw it was Andrew with some girl I think her name was Holly. I'm not sure though if that was really her name I don't have to many classes with her I looked down but then quickly looked back up at them. Jealousy spiked up in he middle of my heart when I saw Andrew kiss her why was I jealous I thought, I gasped as I realized why I was jealous. I was in love with Andrew I had always been I thought it was hate but really it was love but Andrew wasn't mine and he never would be. I felt like a empty hollow shell of my former self as I sat there watching Andrew and Holly as they giggled and kissed looking so in love. One thought ran in my mind then he's not mine nor am I his.

December 15, 2020 04:53

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Tim Law
10:47 Dec 26, 2020

Such a sad story Melia. Of course Max is the right guy but so many fall for the Andrews of this world...

Reply

Melia Mendoza
20:23 Dec 26, 2020

Thank you for your review I agree, Max is the right guy but in this world most fall for guys like Andrew and it only ends badly.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.