Rookie photographer

Submitted into Contest #14 in response to: It's about a photographer, who is a rookie.... view prompt

0 comments

General

Taking a early trip to hells gate, a scenery in Kenya that caught our glimpse that we didn't want to get out of that place without a couple of shots and photographs. We had arranged this adventure together with my friends and the moment it arrived, we were to put all our happiness into it.

A photographer was called to accompany us and the moment he arrived, there was something funny about him. The way he was acting led me to call my friend Jane *

"Are you sure this photographer is experienced?

I was assured that it was his line of duty for many years, neither as he ever brought disappointments upon his clients. I was relaxed by the words that kept on singing through my ears each hour.

We all set off to an adventure which was far away from the town of Nairobi, beautiful sceneries that took our eyes out. Excited seeing animals like zebras, giraffes on the way. The mountains and the valleys that looked a better place photo as we asked the driver to stop at the side of the road.

All in different poses, I wanted to take a photo near the valley calling to the photographer -*

"Come and take me a photo".

The photographer looked so scared more than I could imagine to move near the valley. Holding himself on the tree branch, "am scared of height".

I couldn't imagine what I saw, we had hired a cartoon and not a photographer. This guy was a rookie photographer as I stared at him, "what do you mean? It was unbelievable in front of my eyes and my friends couldn't stop laughing their heads off.

Why are you laughing?

But they continued laughing as I couldn't hold in my laughter as we headed to the vehicle continuing with our journey.

The journey was long and tiresome but at long last we reached safely in the site of hells gate.

knowing hells gate through the papers and internet, but, it was reality we had faced it face to face. Rocks all over as we tried to rope climb, the photographer could not climb but took the photo from the ground. On the photo we looked like ants climbing the rocks.

"For real, are you a photographer?

He looked for words to spit lies on me, talking while looking down in kiswahili, "I fear heights, madam

what!!! Then what's all this going home without even a single photo to show to my family and friends. Disappointed I was to my friends who brought a rookie photographer.

November 07, 2019 14:28

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.