0 comments

General

I was happy, why not? I just punished my book... and

At first was successful but after time my book didn't sell that good and a while more nobody talked about my book

"The Darkest Desire". Why? What went wrong? I did my best, I put my blood sweat and tears in this book and for what ? So nobody talk about it. I was angry, I was hopeless and nothing I did mattered anymore. How could I survive through that? How can I make a name for myself when the competition is high and the fight is so fierce? What can I do?

I don't have the money for advertisement nor for agency nothing. What I had left was thousands of copies of my book

So what now? I gave up everything and the what life gives me back Failure. I was on the floor asking why when I saw a dark shadow. At first sight I thought that I am hallucinating but I wasn't. There was a shadow. The blackest darkest you ever saw. I got scared. Someone must be broken in my house. Why I am so unlucky? First I lose hope now I'll be losing my life. I was ready I will accept my death, what else I could do? I turned around and heard a voice: " Do you want to be a star?" I didn't see anyone just that black shadow on the floor. Why asking me this? Do I want to ? That is my dream, I gave up everything so I can be a writer. I would give my soul even if that would make my dream come true. It was like the shadow waited that because the next thing I heard was laugh and the next thing I know was waking up at my bed in the morning. I got up and saw unknown men in front of me. Who the fuck is he and what he is doing in my room? He just look at me for couple of minutes and he spoke: "They are waiting for you"

Who? Someone waiting for me? That must be a dream, but the next thing I get a pillow in my face thrown by the men infront.

You said that you would give your soul for success, well you get one. I am giving you everything you want and everything you will probably wish for in exchange I will get the part that makes you YOU your soul. I hope you won't regret your wish and even if you do you can't get rid of me, I will hunt you forever until you give up.

--------------------

"The Darkest Desire" - the book the author wrote

Sky. Clouds. Josh.

He was alone.

He always was there laying on the grass. Looking at the clouds with this sad look, with his empty eyes, hoping for someone. Someone to give him warmth.

It was like every other day. Josh was laying at his usual spot. After ten minutes Somebody was behind him.

What are you doing here all alone? - asked the boy.

Josh opened his eyes and saw the boy. He was smiling with goofy face and messy hazel hair. He sensed something like ray of light stabbing his heart. He did get up and spoke to the boy.

What are you doing here? - Josh asked the boy coldly because he never talked to anyone but the boy keeped smiling.

I saw you here alone so I came to see you - the boy replayed still smiling.

I don't need attention! - Josh replayed and went home.

The next day happened the same thing and the day after and the day after that like this over a month. One day Josh decide to ask the boy why he's keep coming. And like a clock the boy showed up again.

Why do you keep coming here?

The boy smiled to him and answered

Because you looked alone

You had this empty gaze

Which was yelling for help

For company for somebody

That's why I keep coming here

Josh was in shock because this little boy had understood all this only by looking at him

What is your name? - Josh asked the boy.

And the moment his eyes shined like a diamond.

Mark - he answered happily because of the interest of Josh.

Well Mark I am Josh.

I guess we will see each other here.

That's how one beautiful friendship begon.

Everyday they were talking and looking to the clouds. They get to know each other really well.

That's how one day Mark get the courage to ask Josh the question he wanted to ask.

Why do look at the clouds like that? - he spilled the beans.

They remind me of myself.

Lonely in the crowd.

He answered to his curious friend.

But now I have you. Now I'm not lonely.

They were together everyday like this for six months. One day Josh was in the usual spot waiting. But his friend didn't showed up. That was in the other day and the day after.

Josh keeped waiting but Mark don't showed up. He did search all around but nothing.

He didn't found anything. Like that he get home and saw a letter saying:

" Sorry for leaving you alone. It was nice spending my days with you. Don't surch for me!

You won't find me. I want you to remember our happy moments while looking in the clouds.

I hope now that they don't bring you sadness and loneliness anymore.

I hope you will be happy

"Mark "

And here he is again staring in the clouds again

But now they bring the memories for him. They bring the feeling

for his touch

for his hug

his smile.

They bring now memories of happiness.

But it was too late.

He was gone long ago.

Josh was alone again.

Alone with the clouds laying down on the grass like every other time.

-------------

The book she wrote is all small stories. Sad depressed and dark but she hoped to succeed but just didn't worked out and when the "easy way" was offered she willingly agreed without thinking for the consequences.

June 16, 2020 07:55

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.