Inseparable Love

Submitted into Contest #37 in response to: Write a story that takes place in the woods.... view prompt

0 comments

Mystery

      The woods was beautiful with the greens and yellows of the trees. As my friends and I hiked we seen a little creek; the water was slow and looked beautiful as it continued forward. My white and black hair up into a pony tail. After a few yards from the creek, we found a good spot to put up camp which was done fast enough. Sidney tent was on my right and Riots on my left side with the others next to his. I honestly have had a crush on riot since well forever; his short brown hair, green eyes, short stubble, about six feet and a charming personality. I always hoped that he would feel the same way especially when we have so much in common including our love for the outdoors especially the woods and creeks. Sasha was always flirting with him even though he looks bored and wanting to leave the conversation every time; though he looks at me every time with concern and possibly asking for help as well just like he is now. Sasha is pretty with her long wavy brown hair and brown eyes, skinny, and approximately little over five feet; she is also the head cheerleader. The only reason she is on this trip is because she is best friends with Camille my other bestie. I decided to help Riot this time, so I sauntered over to them looking directly at Riot who kept his eyes on me even though she was talking to him until I stopped next to them.


”Riot, We got to get going, you promised to take me to this waterfall in the woods before we settle in.” I told him with a smile. 


”I forgot, Love. Sasha I need to go now. I made a promise to Raleigh here and I intend to keep it.” He told her.


”I will come with” she replies.


”You can’t” I sputtered out.


”Why not?” she puffs.


”because I want alone time with my girl, Sasha.” Riot exclaims.  


”your g.IRL?” she stutters.


”Yes My girl” he confesses ”Now if you will excuse us we should be going” 


      After that, he grabs my hand gently pulling me towards our tents grabbing his bag and flashlight while I grabbed some food and my bag before leaving the tents. I explained to Sidney which gave me a thumbs up and good luck before I went and found Riot by the trail we came upon. He smiled gently holding my hand as he started walking left which was the way to my secret waterfall but he did not know that. He stopped once we were fully out of sight of the others turning to me.


”I was hoping to find a way to talk to you this weekend without the others, so I am delighted that you chose to help me and gave us a good cover but I do not know a waterfall around here as this is my first time here.” He explains making me giggle.


”Follow me, I do. I love this area it is why I chose around here though I never taken anyone there before, so please keep it between us.” I tell him as a began the trek up the way. ” We can talk once there so we save energy” 


       It was quite a way to the waterfall which was why I told Sidney that we will not be back until tomorrow. When we finally got to the extraordinary place I call ’the waterfall’ our feet were aching. I set my bag down pulling out two sleeping bags and laid them down next to the water before slipping my shoes off. Sitting down next to the beautiful water sticking my feet into it as I heard him shuffling around to do the same. Before I know it he was sitting next to me holding my hand.  


”So what did you want to talk about Riot?” I ask looking at him.


”Well…” he started and looked down blushing ” I have been in love with you since forever Raleigh. I wanted the chance to tell you and ask you if you felt the same and wanted to be my true girlfriend?” 


”That is why you gave me the nickname. I am going to be honest with you Riot, I love you too. I have since the day we met each other long ago. About your last question I would love to truly be your girl” I reply surprising him by the words and tightening my hand on him. ” This is my get a way and my favorite spot which now could be yours as well.” 


”I am glad” he replies with a smile.


       He caressed my cheek while gently looking into my eyes before placing his lips into mine; the kiss felt like I was on cloud nine and I wanted more but more of what? Him. I gently grabbed his black leather jacket tugging him closer to me as I deepened the kiss. He tugged on my hair-tie which came out letting my hair cascade around us like a curtain. The kiss broke when I pulled away for some air and we both were panting to catch up on our breathing. We do not separate or pull away from each other; sitting still with smiles on our faces. Focusing on the sounds around us was peaceful and serene; it expanded our moment just now to make it even more intense than what it would have been elsewhere; it was perfect for my first kiss. I wonder if it was his too and if I am his first girlfriend.

           Seeming to know where my thoughts went he pecks my lips before telling me the answer was that I was his first kiss to and I am his first girlfriend that he waited for me since the day we met because he always felt that strongly about me. He loved me as I loved him all these years making me smile that he chose me even back then. I stood up slipping off my black leather jacket then by shirt before my shorts went with. I slipped into the water and began to swim in the cool water. A splash and ripples in the water made me aware that Riot was in the water with me now. We danced in a circle in the form of swimming; it made it look like some fairytale. 

       After awhile of swimming we got out and he fixed our sleeping bags so that they fit together so that he could hold me while we slept; putting a huge smile on my face. I pulled out the food I brought which was peanut butter and Jelly sandwiches and some drinks. We ate our food in content silence which was not uncomfortable. He made a campfire before sitting down next to me with his arms curled around me tightly . He looked at ease and comfortable like I was in this beautiful moment with him. 

      Sitting at the campfire talking about one another and finding out that he wants to be a forester and that his mother loved the woods just like he did. He told me that it was the place he would go to feel at peace and that she was there with him too. He told me that she would approve of us as a couple and would of adored me. He also mentioned that she taught him how to cook and that it was a hobby that he loved. He also told me memories he has experienced with his family especially his little sister. 

       He learned how I always wanted to capture beauty and the memories of people and things through photography. I told him about how my Sheriff of a father raised me without a mother at his side and that he sacrificed a lot for me. I told him that I loved to bake and to make professional cakes which I did for fun on birthdays or times needed for cake. He told me that I should turn that into a business to especially if I am really good and passionate about it. It is comforting to be around him and so much more relaxing. 

            I did not want to leave here and have to go back to camp in the mourning but I knew we had to. Putting the fire out we slipped into the sleeping bag with his strong arm around my wait comfortably, but I wanted to be closer to him. I moved my butt back and my back until we were so close to each other. I shut my eyes allowing myself to enjoy this comfortably even as Riot tightened his arm around me. I fell asleep easily in his arms with a happy smile on my face.

  

        Sitting up and stretching my limbs out with his arm still around me but slipped down to my lap as he tightened his hold on me. I feel protected and loved, but we had to get up and head back. After waking him up and packing up our stuff we started back holding hands. We walked into camp with smiles and giggling when he decided to turn me to face him planting a kiss on my lips. I heard a gasp next to us which sounded like Sasha but I did not care I kissed him fiercely back. 


“About time” Sidney announces.


“Agreed” Camille agreed. 


“I think most of us agree” Tristen Declares.


”On that and the fact that you two would be a beautiful couple ” Camille replies.


”Hey!!! What about me Camille? You know that he should be with me.” Sasha complains.


”Sorry Sasha, but you would never be fit for Riot only Raleigh is. He has promised himself to be hers forever since he met her as a child. She was the same way and no one can get in the way of their inseparable love” Camille replies ” plus the fact that you’re too girly-girl for him and too bitchy.” 


”Well if you feel that way we are no longer friends” Sasha stated.


”Fine with me” Camille replies.


  ”Camille says the truth Sasha we would never work” Riot tells her before tugging me to the tents. ”get your stuff and take your tent down, you will stay with me. I do not want to be apart from you if I can help it” 


”Alrighty babe” I reply and start on what he has asked.


       The day goes by with everyone besides Sasha enjoying the campfire and going hiking. At night we are dinner and chatted through the night until we could not stay sitting up much longer leaving Camille and Tristen at the campfire Riot and I went to our tent. I slipped out of my clothes besides my underwear and slipped into the sleeping bag giving Riot a kiss as we cuddled each other. I want him, he wants me, and we’re inseparable. That night I gave myself fully to him before we ended the weekend. 

     The next mourning I am getting dressed and fixing my hair when he kissed my shoulder telling me that he loves me and I replied back saying I loved him too. He took the tent and got his stuff packed up and ready to go before we all sat down for breakfast. Camille sat next to me as Sidney sat next to Riot to keep Sasha from bugging him which was nice of her to do; remind me to thank her later. After we are our food and finished shutting camp down I held Riots hand as we got on our way out of the woods back to the confines of our vehicles. We decided that instead of me riding with Sidney this time I was to ride with Riot home. 

         



April 11, 2020 17:20

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustrated Short Stories | 2024-06

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in Reedsy Studio. 100% free.