Journeying Life through Faith.

Submitted into Contest #98 in response to: Write about someone who’s desperately trying to change their luck.... view prompt

0 comments

Inspirational

The early age struggles have built up the resilience of the spirit of the woman who has evolved and sailed through the favorable and unfavorable winds. The challenges have kept up the learning and growing happening. At the same time leaving one a bit bitter discontent about life.  However, the spiritual pursuits and the journey in Faith, has kept one steady with the resolve to win over the destiny.

The struggles in the different stages of life for the particular woman in reckoning. It kept the urge to move forward & win over everything. In the midst of life vicissitudes, the challengers were kept in right perspective and in a lighter vein.

The need to get strong, stable in one’s professional journey amidst managing other commitments and taking everything in stride was the stimulating factor. Though life has its own highs and lows. She has consistently tried throughout to live true to its conviction to look at the brighter side and never give up on life. Rising to the occasion every time the destiny was buffeted by the onslaughts of past and present karma.

The times were tough she had to opt for the upbringing of her son with her in laws. Unhappily making an unwilling move she proceeded on her onward journey. The next phase of her life to pursue her MBA in rhythm with life next move.  Times were critical and the juncture was crucial as it was instrumental towards enriching one’s learning and preparing oneself to be independent and stepping towards strong economic foundation. Leaving home, and staying on own in an unfamiliar city, environment taking head on the struggles.

Challenges were there however the resilience of spirit developed with Faith showed the way to sustain against all odds. The day to day living in an unknown city with people not known, locations was quite intimidating initially. However, the support of family and budding friends made the stay warm and pleasant filled with good cheer and times spent together. The next few years were filled with learning, fun filled moments and experiences which were close to heart.

Though the tinge of not having a life partner was intensely tucked at heart and this has been persisting.  The urge to live never waned with a strong defense, support system.  The personal journey was dull, gloomy & a bright, promising journey on the professional front was being looked forward to.  Maintaining things on a good note and rejuvenating life and spirits was desirable in form of work being fulfilling, to utter dismay, instead soon the challenges surfaced and life seemed to be a roller coaster ride.

In ways of being mocked, ridiculed by couple of fellow colleagues.  Questioning done on every move; activity being conducted. Disrespect being met out during overviews, meetings. It was always made out that one is at fault, with all the wrongdoings resulting in being on a sticky wicket. The feeling of being demoralized was there however which manifested at times in form of emotional outbursts, arguments which were not worthwhile.

The mode of always getting on to a defensive mode was on which didn’t add any value towards respecting self-esteem and highlighting Vale addition. It made her realize that upholding the dignity of life of self and others is of utmost importance rather than being open to subject to disrespect, humiliation meted out from others. The trend, patterns of being blamed and not getting duly appreciated, praised at all fronts again came into prominence. Though the destiny had its twists and turns, the fighting spirit arising from Faith kept oneself going. A bright career cut short and the abrupt transition to a new role, place was unsettling.  With emotional pangs, teary eyed boarded the plane to another city a place unknown and without the slightest inkling of the steps forward.

Though the city was unfamiliar, the warmth offered by senior at work, fellow colleagues and friends around uplifted the spirits and made life relatively convenient putting her at ease. As a year passed away trying to understand and adapt to the surroundings, the reason for the transition became apparent.

Heard this earlier, that we all have a reason to connect to the practice at the opportune time. The encounter with the philosophy of value creation was one of the best things ever happened. Truly shared by a fellow comrade the one who introduced that it being a life transforming one.  As the connect and the faith started evolving with time nourished with persistent efforts and constant support by Comrades in Faith. The visible and the invisible changes, benefits started manifesting in self and the environment. A person being pessimistic about life getting transformed to one getting optimistic with a positive attitude, approach towards every interaction, endeavor. With gradual refinement the transformation let to a happier self. The smile which waned over the years gone by gradually seemed to return.  The joy and the gratitude towards day to day living steadily gained grounds. The dismay, gloom gave way in to appreciation and the realization dawned upon that the onus to be truly happy, harmonious & have a promising future lies in the causes created in the present moments.

The struggles with the destiny continue as the karmic patterns, tendencies have been deep rooted, negative. However, the resolve being to be a spiritual victor to change karma for the better. Developed a resilient spirit to not give up on life & treasure it. As Faith seeped in the core being the wisdom arose to view things from long term perspective. The understanding was clear that amidst the challenges, dilemmas of life one needs to remain invincible. As it is aptly said that to be Victorious means to remain undefeated.

Striving to remain steadfast with the pillars of Faith, Practice and Study & being one who encourages kept the spirits upbeat.

Often the urge was to not to believe, pursue however the profound significance of creating value helped to develop an altruistic bent of mind.

The metamorphosis from a narrow self to a higher one which started thinking, praying for others happiness, welfare, victories.  Looking beyond own becoming compassionate & understanding of others problems, viewpoints while facing own challenges. The aspects which made see every hurdle as an opportunity to grow as a person and stepping stones towards success.

The transformation within led to transformation in the external environment with defense and support emerging.  In lieu of begrudging one’s life though the complain which came in for       moments at times for hours. The challenge was to transform the karma, destiny to prove the greatness of Faith and in the process encouraging innumerable others. The outlook towards life was changed for the better.

With time the conviction has built up that no matter how deep the karmic tendencies, patterns, the good causes in mode of intentions, deeds created are the factors leading to accumulating good fortune & changing karma.

In the prevailing scenario although the challenges are around in different forms however the confidence which comes forth from a pure faith perspective is intact that the future is bright. As walking the right path grounded with teachings which are pragmatic and aligns one to a larger purpose is the need of the times. The awareness while living everyday with good cheer and appreciation is that the ultimate goal of life is happiness and victories for self and others!!

June 18, 2021 18:34

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustrated Short Stories | 2024-06

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in Reedsy Studio. 100% free.