0 comments

Drama Sad Teens & Young Adult

“The Menu”

In a desolate and cold street, a woman in a red coat always leaves a hot cup of coffee and a fresh cooked porridge. Every day, she is in the street looking for hungry souls that needs love and care. Marta is an old woman that lives in a corner of the Labrador Street. In a filthy and barren place, we can say that the area is a place where the mud meets the knees of all people.

Marco is thrilled with his new toy bought by Margaret- a woman who lived with a golden spoon in the mouth. They lived in a lavish area and they are not amiable to any kind. Marco saw the woman in a red coat and he was apologetic seeing the view of her giving the food to others. Though Marco live in a life better that the other people, he has a heart for the parched soul. It is easy to live in life that was cultivated by the ancestors- a rich and lavish life. You can choose the food you can eat, the dress you can wear and the place you want to live. “Mom, can I give this food to that old woman? I think she’s very nice! Marco asked. “No honey, those will only gain advantage of you and who knows that those are only an act in order for you to gives more than what they deserve. Margaret’s family are well known to be the high class family and the head of the family owns a ranch and almost half of the lands in the area are owned by them.

Every time Marco saw the streets, the scenery of people begging for food, children that struggling to survive and starving soul and body. Every time this kind of situation arises, Marco reminisce the small act of kindness of an old woman. Although he is rich young man, he has a heart for the poor. Every time he give eye to the poor, his mother always reminded him about the situation happened when his mother’s father died and the reason is the beggar trying to steal money form their house. His mother no longer believes that there is goodness in every person whether it is a poor or rich.

One day when Marco is in the playground together with his friend, a group of five people came to them asking if he is Marco from the rich family. “Yes I am Marco, what is your problem on us? Marco replied. “Have you forgotten us? We are the gardeners on your farm and we are here to talk to you, they said. “How come that you are with those rat people and street dwellers? One of the friends of Marco spoke. “We are here only to negotiate to give us chances to go back to work” one of the beggars said. One of the person negotiating instantly grabbed Marco’s hand instantly pull towards them. Surprisingly, one of Marco’s friends grabbed a stone and throws it to the person pulling Marco’s hand. As Marco struggling, the five people run as they are holding Marco’s neck and instantly ride a mini jeep. In a quick response, they instantly run to the police station hoping to get a help from them. As they go back to the place where Marco kidnaps, they no longer saw the people and they are nowhere to be found.

The kidnappers brought Marco to the barren place and he started to think of an escape plan. All of those men are fixing something and trying to aid the wounded men due to the stone thrown to them.

As Mrs. Margaret knew about what happened to her only son, they gathered men to hunt down all those street rats. As what the situation imbedded, they concluded that those men are aiming for ransom money. A phone call that quickly answered by the authority and saying that they need a 100 million in exchange for the life of Marco. On the other hand, Marco was badly battered with bloods flowing from nose and head. Its evening, when everyone was sleeping, Marco tried to reach a piece of broken glass of liquor and try to remove himself from being tied up by a rope. When he had the chance, he run faster away from the area. He keeps on running and running until he tripped over the stone and fall then fainted.

It was a morning when he woke up trying to remember of what had happened to him. He saw a very unfamiliar room. He lies on the bed smelling the aroma of the hot porridge on the table near the bed. Without hesitation, he grabbed the food and started eating with a smile on his face.

On the other hand, the mother of Marco-Margaret is very worried of what is happen to his only son. She is always crying knowing that it has been two days that Marco was kidnap.

Marco noticed the fragile posture and a pale looks of the old woman and he remember the woman on the street with a red coat and he knew that it is the old woman that he saw the red coat hanging on the wall. He asks the old lady on a red coat of why is she doing that kindness act. “It is the only thing I could do before leaving this paradise” the old woman said. Marco cried and concluded that even the lowest and poorest people have a heart for the soul.

The five men that kidnap Marco were arrested by the police. They nowhere to find where Marco is. Someone said that they saw Marco in the house of an old woman. They gradually go to the old woman’s house and saw Marco crying as they saw an old woman lying on the bed with a rigid and lifeless body. They found out that the old woman use her last piece of rice to coke for the last time to all the street dweller and beggars to feed those hungry stomachs. They saw a written note saying “It is not how much you can give but it is on how big is your heart to give. Marco and his mother cried as they realise the real deal of being a human.

July 02, 2021 07:07

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.