Aliens Hate Greed

Submitted into Contest #210 in response to: Set your story after aliens have officially arrived on Earth.... view prompt

1 comment

Science Fiction Suspense Drama

I was sitting there as stunned as everyone else. The news that David Grusch was releasing to the public was not normal news. We have had plenty of former coworkers go public with their “classified information”. They release the information they have been sworn not to. For many different reasons. Some do it for financial gain. Others do it because they believe they are righting the wrongs of the world by pulling the invisible cloak off of top-secret information. What these whistleblowers don’t realize is that the information they are given is quite top secret, but not always factual. There are only a handful of people on this planet that know the actual classified information. Probably accidental, but through Grusch’s confession, he used some wording that may cause an interstellar event.

When there were talks of people wanting to rush Area 51. We had some concern, but we weren’t too worried with what would be found there. The real concern is what people won’t find there. Area 51 has been a great decoy base for us, for many years. The ideas of the unknown, peak everyone’s curiosity and it is good to have a shrine for people to objectify when they think of what is out there beyond our atmosphere.

I couldn’t watch anymore of this dribble being shown on the TV. Whenever this TV is on, it’s always some announcement that creates way more work for us. Usually, we can nip this in the bud pretty swiftly. We have some backlash of people asking for the “truth”, and we entertain them for awhile before the heat dies down. The series, X-Files, becomes relevant again for a few months, and then things return to our normal passive paranoia ways. However, there was something in Grusch’s gobbledygook that may have already given up the actual coordinates of our extraterrestrial findings. While the former Air Force graduate thought he was being a hero for exposing the secrets of his government. He had no idea that a lot of what he was saying was fabricated information created in case employees decide to go rogue. However, when he uttered the term, “sophisticated disinformation campaign”, it gave out a clue. That term, specifically while read from that location, decrypts a code that gives out coordinates of the actual location of cosmic findings. The chances of that happening are astronomical, but it had just been done and we would have to face the backlash.

Inadvertently, Grusch just told our visitors of the past where they can find their lost cargo. When people thought they were witnessing UFO’s back in the 1940’s, there was some truth to it. Visitors from a distant planet were looking to reach out and find other beings in the universe. Much similar to our goals with space technology. However, while they were visiting our planet, there was an issue with their breathing apparatuses. The intel shows that the disproportioned creatures began to go a different color when their breathing was compromised. Our staff that encountered this scenario didn’t really know how to react. Once they realized the visitors had stopped breathing, they started to get closer to the figures and do some analysis. Pictures were taken and data was collected. These bodies were unlike anything ever seen. The sleek and aerodynamic looking spacecrafts that got the visitors to our planet looked in great condition. When one of our agents went to touch the vehicle, they spontaneously burst into flames and burned to death. The remaining agents would safely retrieve the bodies of the visitors and set fire to the spacecrafts. Only because we weren’t able to make use of them. We had to ensure that nobody else could either. So, burning them seemed the logical option at the time. While doing their best to analyze the foreign beings, one technician came across something stranger than everything else. Attached to what looked like a hand, was a translucent orb. The staff were able to remove the orb and place it in a controlled vessel. It had the size and shape of a basketball, but it had continuously changing script on a translucent body. Unlike anything ever documented on our planet. Our agency had in their hands something that needed to be learned more about, but it needed to be someone that could be trusted. There were only 7 people involved on the current project. Four of the seven were instructed to help develop a new base in Nevada, which would become Area 51. Their instructions were to put on a façade for a base that was all pertaining to the unknown. The remaining three would take the discovered beings to an underground bunker located near Panama City.

The United States were able to gain some land in a deal with Panama during the construction of the Panama Canal. This location would be ideal for the visitor remains to be studied. In said location, one of the technicians, Dr. Marcus Revelsson, was able to harness energy from the translucent orb discovered. Using that energy and knowhow, Revelsson was responsible for many of the technological advancements that began in the 1950’s. Although, the public would never know anything about it. Society thought it would be better to spread out the credit for all of the technological advancements, rather than an alien artifact. Regardless, he was considered one of the greatest minds of his generation. Revelsson was using this new fame to move up in the world. He was going to universities to discuss his new technological advancements, never disclosing the true origin of his ideas. While in Area 51 giving a speech, with the orb present, Revelsson began to question what the intentions of our agency were, and even said to some researchers, “I think there is something of a sophisticated disinformation campaign going on by our superiors.” Soon after that conversation was had, there were sightings of more UFO’s appearing in the United States. Revelsson had picked up on a unique language while studying the orb and had not documented his findings, in case it got in the wrong hands. He contacted the visitors by shooting transmissions into space. He actually could understand what the visitors were saying! He could not believe his discovery. Before he could respond, one of the original seven came in to have a discussion with Revelsson. Revelsson said how excited he was to make contact and that he was looking forward to meeting the visitors, as they wished to return and retrieve their artifact. Before Dr. Revelsson could get out his entire sentence. He was shot dead. It was in our best interests as an agency to keep the visitor’s orb in our possession. The shooter did not think of the repercussions of what he had done until it was already done, though. As now, there was no way to speak with the visitors. All we knew was that there was something said by Marcus Revelsson that exposed our locations to the visitors. The alien’s orb was swiftly escorted back to Panama to remain hidden away from the visitors and would remain there until more studying could be done. That’s where studies showed that a simple English phrase could decrypt a message to visitors giving exact locations of their translucent orb. Much like we use on Earth to find our car keys.

The phrase had been uttered and we were expecting visitors to arrive soon and demand their artifact back. It had been decades since they were given any hope of finding their technological trinket. So, we knew they’d act swift. With help of their technology, we were able to make leaps and bounds as a race. We were all still wondering how far the visitors advanced, since we had their techno orb. All of our surveillance didn’t show anything out of the ordinary. Then suddenly, in the middle of the night, Central America seemed to totally go off our maps. It was something unlike anything we had ever seen. GPS equipment could literally not pick it up. It was like it had been removed from the Earth. We tried contacting people in Panama immediately. No response. We tried some neighboring countries, but the same thing. Finally, we were able to get in contact with our agents in Colombia. It was very static, but we were able to get some of message. A blast was recorded hours ago around the Panama Canal, but that was all the information we had. Some tactical agents were sent by boat to see what they could find out. Once they were within miles of Panama, they lost contact. "What is going on?", I mumble to myself. We could not speak to anyone in the area, and we could not get people close enough to diagnose the situation. In the distance it looked like our agents’ boat was coming back. Still no contact, but it was coming at us full speed. It was heading straight for shore with no steering being done to prevent it. The boat crashed into shore, sending debris everywhere. There were no signs of the agents. Just a note carved into the seats of the boat. It was not a normal script. We brought on our best decoder via satellite to determine what it said. After all his studying of the message, he determined it said, “THANK YOU”. Hours passed and then suddenly it seemed like our GPS was working properly again. Although, Central America was still not showing up. It was approved for another boat mission to go investigate the scene. This time, we were able to stay in full communication as they ventured further than before. The agents called back in a panic. “It’s gone. It’s just all gone”, was what was heard through the speaker. Our visitors not only came back for their artifact. They didn’t want to risk not being able to retrieve it again. So, they decided to use their own technology to completely pick up Central America and remove it from Earth. They just wanted what was theirs, and our greed led to them snagging it back. Now with that huge chunk of land removed from Earth, the Pacific Ocean and Atlantic Ocean are meeting in between the Americas. There are instances of this around the world, but never to this extent. The halocline, that acts as a barrier between the two oceans, seemed to breach. The removal of such a land mass triggered natural disasters all over the planet. Another disastrous moment in history caused by human greed. With the destruction of Earth quickened, and only a few years left before the entire Earth gets submerged below water, at least we are giving our visiting friends one heck of a show.

August 09, 2023 12:45

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Mary Bendickson
01:17 Aug 24, 2023

This was written with such expert knowledge I believe every word of it. Oh, or is it more of a 'sophisticated disinformation campaign':)

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.