0 comments

Friendship Science Fiction Fantasy

We are running out of time, I yelled upstairs to Anna. We need to hurry, there is only five more minutes until I leave without you. Anna being her perfect self, always must look her best when she leaves home. Like whom is she trying to impress? She already has the perfect slim body, long golden blonde hair, long beautiful eye lashes and bright baby blue eyes. Standing tall at 5-foot 5 inches and maybe 130 pounds. Never works out, eats whatever she wants. I hate to admit it and I would never tell her to her face how jealous of her I am. I am only 4-foot 9 inches 160 pounds, thick frizzy curly hair with green eyes. No matter what I eat or how much I work out I cannot lose my weight. All I want, is to go see this dang movie but no Anna must get ready, like she has a hot date or something. 5,4,3,2 well it’s about time Anna. Oh my god Liz, why are you are always in a hurry? I am so sorry that I kept you waiting. You know I like to look my best before leaving the house. We are going to a movie for my birthday, like hello we will be in the dark like no one will see you. I know, I know, come on let’s get going. Don’t forget the movie and dinner is on me, it’s my way of saying happy birthday to my best friend, my sister. Now come on, I am driving.

 Thanks again Anna, for taking me out, I so need this tonight to take my mind of being dumped. I have no idea what I was thinking, I should have listened to you.  Yeah, you should have, I told you from day one that he was a loser. But don’t worry someone better will come along. I know he was. I keep kicking myself in the butt over letting him take advantage of me like that. Like how did I not see that? You didn’t see it because he didn’t allow you to see it. Even the greatest empaths are sometimes blinded, you want to see the good in people and I understand that, but you must guard yourself. Not everyone is who they say they are. Just for now promise me that you will focus on yourself, and the right person will come to you. You are smart and beautiful some day someone will see that and sweep you off your feet. I’ll tell you right now, that I am jealous of how smart you are, I wish I could look at numbers like you do and know what they mean.  I will, I know you are always looking out for me. Thank you for being a good friend and letting me live with you. Hey, wait, this is not the way to the movie theater, where are you taking me? Do not worry about it, just sit back, and enjoy the ride. Oh, and put this blindfold on, I have a massive surprise for you. Really? You know I hate surprises especially after what had happened.

 Sitting here in the dark of the car, wearing this lame blindfold listing to Anna’s stupid country music, wondering what she had up her sleeve. After what had happened with my ex I no longer look forward to surprises. I still cannot wrap my mind around what he had done. For all the people in the world and I landed a con artist. He took me for everything I had, over half a million gone. I really hate myself for being so stupid. I am very smart, I have an IQ of 190 and yet I was stupid, I didn’t see any of it coming. I really thought he loved me; I should have known something was off when he told me I was beautiful. The bumpy road jolted me back to present time and I had to remind myself not to think about the past. That it is time to move on. Anna, for god’s sake where are you taken me? I told you not to worry about it, you will love it. Sorry for the bumpy road, but we are almost there.

Suddenly the car comes to a screeching holt, confused because Anna is usually a very good driver, scared to ask what was happening. Before I could get up the courage to ask, I heard the keys jiggling around and the engine die. I felt a breeze and heard the door slam shut. Sitting here to scared to move, to scared to take off my blindfold, I felt my door being opened which caused my arm to slip off the arm rest, not sure what was going on. Anna, I said, is that you? All I could hear was heavy breathing, Anna I managed to choke out. Where are you? On the edge of tears, scared beyond anything I have ever experienced before I felt Anna’s hand on my arm as she guided me out of the car. Of course, it’s me she said while laughing, who did you think it was? And please do not tell me you thought it was some guy out of those scary movies you love to watch. No, no, of course not I said, nervous laugh. I knew it was you this whole time. So where are we, can I take this stupid thing off now? In a minute just a few more steps.

 As I begin to lift the blindfold, I hear what sounds like a lot of people yell SURPISE and Happy birthday Liz. I was beyond shocked looking at all the faces. I cannot believe Anna did all this for me. With happy tears streaming down my face, I turn to Anna and gave her a big hug and told her thank you. You are welcome, after all what are friends for? As you know most of these people are from our sorority, a few are family and one person I really want you to meet. She will help you, with everything you have going on. She helped me out of my own mental mess. What mental mess, I didn’t know that you suffered through anything? I did years ago, back when I first started college then our sorority sisters introduced me to her, and my life has never been the same. Why didn’t you tell me any of this before? I thought we was best friends.  We are but there is a reason to everything, you can only be introduced to this woman when the time is right, and your time is now. So come on she won’t wait all night. Liz, I want you to meet Hecate. Hecate this is Liz, the girl I was telling you about. I think she is ready. I will leave you two to talk. Wait Anna, Ready for what? Who is she? Anna, please come back.

 Do not worry my child, I won’t take up much of your time, I see you have a party to attend to. I am not a child, what right do you have to call me that. You do not know me or anything about me, I screamed. Ah but I know more than you think I do. I have watched you grow up. You are a very special child, a gift to the world. Here drink this and sit down in front of the fire and I will tell you everything. I do not trust you; I will not drink that. I am ready to go home. Anna, I yelled, take me home. Now, now, my child just please calm down, this will only take a few minutes. Please just listen to me. What I have to say will help you. Fine I’ll sit and listen just hurry up, you are freaking me out. For starters everything that you have gone through has led you to this moment. You had to go through all the bad to get to me. I am basically your guardian angel if you need a title. Everyone you see here today, is part of the group, they call themselves the Coven of discovery. I am not into the whole titles or group names, but to each is their own. I guess it makes themselves feel closer together. Everyone here is a witch from their past lives and it took a massive event in their present lives to bring them back to their roots. I am not a witch; I have never been one. I do not have powers. How are they witches? I have never seen them do anything. This must be a joke. Some mean cruel joke. This is my birthday it should be a good day, not a day of jokes. I already feel bad about myself, and you all are making it worse. Oh, my child no you have it wrong, you were a witch a very good witch. Now that you have seen the other side of things in this life, I am here to welcome you back. Gulp that drink down that I gave you and everything will make sense.

 Oh, wow what a nightmare. Maybe I should stop watching scary movies at night. I must have slept like a baby, I feel like I am full of energy, I haven’t felt like this in ages. I feel like today is going to be a great day. I managed to hit my phone before the alarm goes off, that’s weird I never get up before that goes off. Oh, wells better get ready for this beautiful day. Getting out of bed seemed odd, I felt younger. Stretching  out my 30-year-old bones, expecting to hear them crack and moan and nothing. Oh, wells maybe I got the sleep my body needed. While rubbing the sleep out of my eyes I began to walk to the bathroom to get ready for work when something out of the corner of my eyes caught my attention. I stood their shocked with my finger still over my eye, my jaw hit the floor. I let out a scream. How is this possible, I must still be dreaming right? I thought last night was a nightmare but now this. How? What was in that drink? There is no way I look just like Anna, expected I have bright icy blue eyes, and I can see in the mirror without using my step stool.

July 09, 2022 01:27

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.