2 comments

Fiction Mystery Drama

Time 1.30 a.m.

It's a foggy winter night. The humidity in the moist air has made the non-smokers to smokers. 

Kelly was waiting for the arrival of that day's last train at 1.51 a.m. It's a small coastal railway station which is located near an island. She rolled her eyes and scanned the surrounding locus. Only few people were present along with her. 

An old lady whose hair was painted in the color of plum brown was walking from post to pillar in order to sell her last set of magazines and a middle-aged man who was wearing a leather jacket begun to boil the tea bags to make some fresh cups of tea before the arrival of the train. She also noticed that a Labrador was waving its tail and came near to her. Though it looks beautiful, she is not in the mood to pamper the dog. The rest were regular passengers who board the train every day in order to reach their workplace. Though they are not strangers to Kelly, sometimes their sarcastic or weird glimpse make Kelly to stay uncomfortable because, her intention is not to board the train or to sell anything. She merely pays a visit to that train station regularly to meet her love Kevin. 

"The train is at the platform.",

Someone said. 

Kelly ran near to that train and her eyes began to scrutinize each and every passenger seat. Unfortunately, her efforts went in vain. She came back and sat under the tree where they used to spend their evening time. 

"Though it's impossible for us to live together. My heart wishes to be with you every day dear. I couldn't forget you Kevin. Do you know how much our disassociation hurts me? Have you ever felt my love? Your separation has shoved me in the hell, and I am heart broken. Today I want to convey this to you.", Kelly's heart mumbled. 

She shifted her eye balls towards the wall clock. It displayed the time half past two. Tears rolled down from her eyes.

Minutes later..

"Sorry I am late Kelly? Miss you dear.", Kevin whispered beneath her ears gently and planted a kiss on her forehead. 

Kelly twisted her neck towards the voice. 

"Idiot. Why are you late?", Kevin could understand her anger and pain through her eyes. 

Kelly was sitting quietly without delivering any answer to him.

"Still angry? Tomorrow I will arrive at the right time. Okay? This is my last apology. Forgive me dear.", Said Kevin. 

Kelly tried her best to hug him. Unfortunately she couldn't. 

Kevin told, "Kelly I have uttered many times. You could see me but, can't touch me.", Meanwhile a voice has interrupted their chat. 

"Hola viewers! This is Adrian. Hope you are doing good. Today we are going to spend our night in this coastal railway station. Wondering isn't? Well, I brief. Hope you have heard about the Mirage Island and also the nearby coastal railway station. It is one of the beautiful islands on this earth. Unfortunately, a year back this island have met a tragic natural disaster called Tsunami. The giant waves have swallowed its innocent lives, natural resources and beauty as well. Since, from that day there were some speculations have been going around about this railway station. You want to know what it is? Isn't? Well! My team has gathered some reports and I like to list before our viewers. Some people have said they could hear unusual creepy noises, a dog named Kelly was visiting the railway station every day to meet her master and few also stated that they could hear the footsteps of the people, murmuring sounds and to our surprise a man who is a resident of this island said that, at times he could hear the train sounds as well. He also added that these spine-chilling occurrences are due to the people who were breathed last in this railway station, and he firmly believes that they were wandering as ghosts. For your information after the occurrence of natural disaster, this railway station was completely devastated and there were no trains running in this track. But, we don't know, to what extent this is true. Thus, we are here to dig the truth. Let's check whether this place is haunted by ghosts or not. Let's start. Stay with me. Don't miss this show.", A vlogger was talking in front of the camera. 

"Stupid. How dare you are calling my master as a ghost?", When Kelly is about to bite him. 

Kevin restricted, "Calm down Kelly. Every day you are watching only ghosts right? It's a haunted railway station. We can't deny the fact. The humans always consider the ghosts as an evil creatures, and they feel scary. You are exceptional my dear." Kevin's throat choked. 

"No. You are not. You are always my master. I will always remain as your faithful and lovable dog.", Kelly replied via her bark.  

"Will meet you tomorrow. Love you Kelly. Take care.", Kevin vanished. 

"Every day, when the clock chimes at 1.51 a.m. I will be waiting for your arrival in this railway station. Miss you master. Yours loyally - Kelly." 

Meanwhile, Adrian was watching the unusual behavior of Kelly

astonishingly. He couldn't trust his eyes. By observing the ongoing events, Adrian could merely derive a rough synopsis that it's all about a love between the lovable master and a faithful dog. 

Kelly went near to him. Her eyes were appealing for a help. She didn't want Adrian to unleash this area as ghost haunted. Because, Kelly didn't like her master and other innocent lives who met their end in natural disaster to be addressed as ghosts. 

"Yes. I will.", Adrian patted her hairs consolingly and planted a kiss on Kelly's forehead. 

"What did she ask for? Why you have answered in affirmative?", Adrian's friend Paul inquired. 

"Kelly asked for a help.", Adrian replied. 

"I couldn't follow you. What kind of help Adrian?", His friend questioned.

Adrian replied,

"Can you keep a secret?" 

August 21, 2020 00:18

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Kristin Neubauer
11:16 Aug 27, 2020

This is so creative and original! Well done - I’m looking forward to reading more of your work!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Carly Kapusinsky
01:38 Aug 27, 2020

Fun story! I love how loyal Kelly is, what a good dog

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.