0 comments

Fiction Happy Inspirational

I Sussy, Have always hated April Fools Day! This time of the year my brother always came up with some way to ruin my day. His tricks year after year got to me until I broke, I hit him in the face!

After that day I realized I needed to collect myself and create boundaries. I needed to tell him when enough is enough, and that I hated being pranked. All this misery created by my brother and my hatred of pranks inspired me to do good deeds on this day I dread most, April Fools Day.

My sister friend just had as much as a rambuctious brother. April fools day was his favorite day. Jasmine her friend always said it was for revenge for being the younger sister getting more attention, So I and my sister decided to take them out. I would take out Aaron, the brother and my sister would take out Jasmine.

Jasmine and Aron loved ice cream, but taking them to the same place would not be feasible. My sister knew Aaron would come up with some shenanigans with his sister Jasmine starting trouble, so My sister Julie decided to take Aaron to his favorite ice cream shop Jerry's and I took his sister to the new ice cream shop downtown by the old nail salon.

They had a great time, and the greatest of all,no pranks.

Later on in the day, my sister decided to take Aaron to the park. Aaron did not get to go to the park often, and today his favorite little league team was playing. My sister knew about the Cardinals having a game that day, and after eating some ice cream with Aaron at his favorite shop Jerry's she mentioned the game and ask if he wanted to go, and he absolutely agreed with a big smile.

Meanwhile, I was with Jasmine at the nail salon getting my and her nails done. As I and Jasmine were getting out nails done she began to speak," It always bothered me that my brother has been loving to pull pranks on me, not only this day, I mean this day is bad, real bad, but almost every day he comes of with some shanagain that ruins my day." I spoke," I know what you mean! My brother did the same thing, but after growing up and going to college and moving out he stopped and we started going out having fun with each other. We went to the beach, the park, basketball and baseball games. He watched my soccer games. We went to the theatre and went to the local pool at the YMCA. She turned to me, " I hope one day I and my brother can have the same relationship.. SHe smiled and an tear came from her eye.

My sister texted me the game was about to be over. I told jasmine" Your brother is at a game with my sister. I don't know what she is planning to do afterward. Do you want to do anything else?" Jasmine excitingly said in glee, " what about coffee! I love coffee!" " AH, I don't mind I said." As we went we arrived at the town's favorite shop. The clean aesthetic, and smells of warm coffee and hot chocolate along with cakes and cookies of the baked goods.

My phone rang. " Hello," I answered. " Yes, Hello." There was a pause. " The game is over, I was thinking we go down to the local coffee shop everyone is talking about and buy Araan his first coffee." I laughed nervously, well you in luck, I'm already here, just arrived." Were in line waiting to order what we want. We'll save a table for you.

Jasmine ordered hot cocoa and I ordered a hot coffee with vanilla creamer.

I always thought it was quite silly, but every time someone came in, an sound of sound would echo through the coffee shop letting them know they have another customer come in. It was my sister and Aroan.

I said "Hey!" smiled and waved my hand looking into her eyes catching her glance. " Hey, "she said. . SHe continued, Want your first coffee Aroan" He looked at his sister Jasmine and look and asked. " I want whatever my sister is having" I smiled and laughed,"That be Hot cocoa." "Ok, my sister said, let order you some. "

they went to order hot cocoa, and my sister ordered a cold coffee with an oatmeal cookie. They sat down with us. The environment was a little awkward I could tell, as Aaron was notorious for pranking his sister, and I could tell his sister was a little nervous."

"What's wrong little sis?" She answered, well the thing is that I have, never told you this, but your pranks bother me." He responded," ah, I get it. You know what, I think I like this better, spending time with you and your friends. Can we do this instead? I'd love it!" " ah" she stumbled in hesitation," Of course! I love to" " I interrupted" My sister is working tomorrow but I'm off. I could take you guys to a movie. What do yall think." They both answered om gleed." I love that!" I excitingly continued, " Great then we will do that."

My sister had an evening shift so I decided to take Jasmine and Aaron home. " How was your night guys?" It was fantastic Aroan exclaimed!" " I loved it! I finally got a break" Jasmine said in a pestering voice." It not like you did anything!" Aroan lashed back. " Ha, but not anything like you!" She laughed. " Ah Im tired" said Aroan" Were about to your house" I said. I counted and went up the hill leading up to their house.

" You know what, I really enjoyed this day," Jasmine said. " Well me too, Aroan said, and I don't think I'm going to pull any pranks on you for a while!" he mischievously laughed. " AN while Jasmine replied." "Yes, a while" " It better be!" she connected. " Ok, guys it's time to go. Your mama will be waiting for you" I opened the door, and let the kids out to their moms. Wait, Araonlean in and gave me an whisper, " I promise I'll never prank my sister again." Unless" I replied. Never he said out loud and left hugging his sister going inside.

March 31, 2021 19:25

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.