0 comments

Happy Romance Fiction

I'm a long way from home and I miss you so much. I'm stationed in Spain. Here it feels like home, but everywhere I go... I envision you beside me. A cold feeling on my skin runs down to the tips of my toes. The feeling of loneliness and imagining your embrace on me. As I was walking out of the Naval ship, I smelled your cologne and laundry smell, I know so well. It took me back to the summer's ago...


In the summer of 2020, it's me and you. We're so young, so in love. We were at the camp in North Carolina. I believe the camp was Camp Mondamin. I remember seeing you for the first time, minding your business, standing quiet. I walked up to you and introduced myself. I remember your shocked eyes and covered face. I could tell you weren't used to people talking to you randomly. I couldn't resist the temptation of talking to you. And the smell of your cologne, so strong, and addicting. I could never forget if I ever smelled it again. I had exchanged my name with you. "Hi, my name is Angele. It's a pleasure to meet you! What's your name?" You had said, "Hi, my name is Dairon. Pleased to meet you as well." We shook hands. The adults blew their whistles for us to get in line, so we did. They introduced us to the camps and into the cabins we went to.


Nighttime fell, as everyone slumbered. I ran to the boy's cabins. It was a little farther, about half a mile away in the forest. I knew in my mind I had to see you again. As I arrived there, my heart was beating out of my chest. I peeked in the windows and I saw you staring at the top of your bunk. I knock as soft but loud as I can. You look up and we make eye contact. I wave for you to come out. You were very curious about why I asked you to come. I just wanted to talk to you about random things, to get to know you more and more till the sunlight comes up. So, as we keep talking, we watch the sun peek at us from the forest trees. As I had to head back, I kissed you on the cheek and waved goodbye. I felt your awkward blush as you headed back inside.


I head back in time just to jump into my bed and pretend to slumber. We wake up and do our daily routine. We line up and I see you. You blush and turn away. I giggle, run up to you and hug you. Then, I ran back into line. Everyone was screaming "OH COUPLE!!!" We both stood in embarrassment and I said, "YEAH!" and not only did the whole group look shocked, but you mostly. I giggle and the teachers explain the activities of the day. Today, we just explored the camp and we picked our partners. I obviously ran to you before anyone else did. There was one girl who was upset because she didn't get you, but I didn't care. I was happy to have you. They told us we were dismissed and to come back at 5:00 p.m. It was currently 7:00 a.m.


I had asked you if you wanted to leave camp for the day because the town was just a mile away. You didn't care. You were in for the adventure. After the long walk which took us an hour and a half. There was so much stuff. Good thing I had spare change I saved. So we went to look around. We talk and laugh. Exploring new streets since these aren't the Florida streets we're used to. So, we went to a Mexican place called El Rodeo. We get carne asada tacos and a jarrito. We share each other since we got different flavors. We keep walking. I saw a certain store that caught my eye. I pulled your arm and we ran across the street. I told you to wait out the store really quickly. I got you matching bracelets where you tap them and they buzz to let each other know you're thinking about them. When I got them, I told you to close your eyes. You closed your eyes and I put your green bracelet on. I put my red one on. I told you to open your eyes, you looked at your wrist. You said, "What is this?" With tears of joy in your eyes. I told you that it was a bracelet to tap when we're thinking with each other. You smiled and tapped it instantly. You said to me that put me in surprise. You said, "I have been thinking of you ever since the day I met you." I blushed so hard that I was red as a tomato...


We headed back for dinner, although we weren't hungry. So, we skip dinner and I walk you to your cabin. Every day and every night we are always hanging out with each other. One day, our Coaches said our daily activity was to swim in the lake and go on a jog. So, you and I go on the jog and then go into the lake. We're swimming and having fun. The day ends, but I tell you to come back late at night time when everyone sleeps. So, we met together. We started talking and I came out in a special bathing suit. You started turning red with crazy eyes. I hold your hand for the first time and jump into the lake with you. We are laughing. I am holding onto you like a koala. Fireflies swarm around us in a heart-like form and I stare deep into your brown, caramel eyes. We both slowly reach for a kiss. We kissed for so long in the cold, dark lake. We forget that we are even where we are. So, we get out of the lake, holding each other's hands, and lay in the cold grass watching the starry night. We fall asleep in the grass and wake up late enough, but not too late for us to be caught. So, we kissed each other goodbye until later.


Stuck together like glue, our love is indestructible. Every day at the camp, we make the most of our time to the fullest. On the last day, we cry but we say to each other, "This little bit of time apart, doesn't compare to the rest of our lives with each other. I love you." We part ways and fly down to Florida and see each other again next school year.


That summer I was so happier than I ever felt in my life. I knew we'd be together forever. At the age of 18 our last year attending the camp, you proposed to me at the same spot we first kissed, same time and everything. Of course, I say "I do" to you. Ever since then, our life journey has been happily ever after. Many summers ago, we were young and a bit dumb. But madly in love and intertwined forever. Those summer's ago, I will remember forever.





June 20, 2021 02:20

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.