0 comments

Drama Fiction Sad

I look around.

“I was hungry, honestly, I am exhausted.”

What about a sandwich, a roasted chicken, or maybe beef? “hmm” that sounds good. I made my decision final.

The moment I smelled it I yearn for needing it. I knew it was fresh; my stomach convinced me that I will satisfy with it. So why don’t I have it?  After all, it's beef and I am only going to have one peace for me.

“I didn’t mean to angry them; I just wish to have some food and I tried to provide it by myself.  Is that bad I wish to have some fresh beef for dinner?”

I can feel my legs so weak, I had a quick glance for confirmation, Confirmation of my safety.

“Look like they are not chasing me anymore.” So I stopped.

My body is hurt, something had happened to me and I don’t like it. The world around me is spinning faster and I have not seen things clearly.

“Mommy, Mommy, look.”

I jump up and look back, “Oh," it’s a human cub.

“Hello, little one,” I look at her.

She walked to me her eyes look sad and her voice is concerned.

“Are you okay?" She asked.

“I am not sure I don’t feel well,” I told her. But she is looking at me.

“Sanuki, darling where are you?” I hear a voice behind her, sound like an older human.

“Mommy, look this doggie is wounded.” her voice is in hurry.

The little human told the elder human and I wait. There was a moment, a moment for a thought of,

“Maybe, just maybe”

“Step away from it Sanuki, Your dress might get dirty.” The big human jump at the little human the moment she saw me.

“Maybe not,” I realized.

“But mommy he is wounded, he need help.” I hear she says.

“Get back into the house Sanuki, or you might get sick.” There was the executive demand that cub must obey.

And then the little human was drag by the big human back into her territory. But the little cub didn’t give up on me all this time she didn’t move her eyes away from me.

I feel her in her eyes.

It’s okay little human, you found me on the road and I am grateful for it.  But what happened next, don’t forget it after you became a big human.”

I start walking and think about the little human,

They are nice, most of them. And the big human they are bad, all the time they wish to control, control everything just like the big human I just met. Because of this reason, I never thought about having a big human for me.

It’s seldom to find a human who cares about “thing” like me. Most of them act like I never exist here or, some of them like to call me the “poor thing” then have few words, then they walk away.

The iron box with four wheels stopped and two humans stepped out from it. They walk passing me not even looking at me.

It happens most of the time only because I am a street dog. Or that’s how they call me.

I am a dog that is independent and lives in the place that humans call a “road.”

I have everything here, freedom, a place to call home, and friends not only my kind but also humans too. Who I met at the park.

There is a moment,

“Park”

That is the best place in the world. That is the place I spend most of my happy time, at the park I met most of the friendly humans, they talk with me and they play with me, most of the time they share their food with me.

Again,

I remember that I lost my dinner; I lost it thanks to that big loud lady, who chased me and throw something on me.

Whatever it is it's bad. It's hurt all over my body the moment it felt on me. I shout out loud and missed the piece of beef which I hold in my mouth. I manage to escape from that lady and now I want to find a way to end this pain.

So, I walk and I have a long way to go.

I look around I can smell the green grass,

Park, I am near to the park I look in the direction even I don’t see it. I can feel the green grass I want to run all around the park and rub my back in the grass, then run after a stick which throws by a human me. I can hear the smile of all humans in the park. But I can’t go there not today. I have to go and it’s a long journey.

“Starvation”

is a struggle which we all fight every day. My stomach is struggling not having the promised beef to it.

“Maybe having some food might feel better.” 

There is a second thought.

“But how?” question again?

 “My canteen? Which situated in the town,” there is the answer.

 Human calls it garbage bin or something like that.

“Was it bone? Beef or chicken? I think it’s roasted.”

I feel like biting the cat that eats my food in my bin.

I am looking up at it, “my canteen” is stand in my eye view. And I can smell lots of tasty foods in there.

But I can’t have any of them because I can’t move. I feel the door is too high for me to jump. And if I had the jump that might increase the pain. I am starting to feel something in my back, something sticky and something burning.

My starvation can eat the whole garbage bin by myself in minutes. But first I must take this thing off in my back whatever it is I must take it off.

I look back at the bin; I’ll come back to keep the food for me.

I need to go otherwise I might get late. I know this place I have seen dogs that have a human come to this place,

I am in front of it, the place where that big plus mark stands, where the human wears the white coat, the place where good people work.

So I am sitting, waiting,

“ till they find me.”

June 04, 2021 21:43

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.