0 comments

Christian Fantasy Fiction

At an early age Agapita was an early follower of Jesus when her mother brought her to Sunday school. What was injected to her memory is the presence of an unseen Deity who can oversee everything that happens to everyone in their everyday lfe. outside of herself of her own thinking she was led to a secret world where she had laid a foundation of her beliefs but the most ntriguing part was the opposite practice of her mother to venerate the statue of Jesus while their teacher at Sunday School Mrs. Fernanda Poles doesn't show any replica of Jesus Christ. That was in her elementary grades when she received her certificate of attendance at the Sunday School molding her good character traits to be kind and helpful to others. To be kind to others , how could she do that? Maybe she could do it at home, to be very considerate towards her siblings, to follow what her mother told her to do with no complaints. Waking up early in the morning not to waste time staying in bed to start the early house chores of feeding the chickens and their growing pig to be ready for next Feast of the village Saint to look after their harvest that rain would come in season to have a bountiful harvest. Her mother made preparations when the Harvest Saint Day arrived when the people's storage sheds were full of grains. That day was celebrated in the month of May and the villagers were informed where the Holy Mass was held. It was also a temporary shack where a family used to housed his herd of cattles. The shack made of tree leaves called anahaw which is considered sturdy to withstand the strong winds that happens during rainy seasons. Agapita didn't remember how long her mother would host the celebration of the Holy Mass that she raised the pig as a preparation for the Feast of Harvest. When Agapita graduated in the elementary grades she has to stop her schooling but tried to help her mother in their small store selling a variety of goods. This gave her a chance to help what their teacher said at Sunday School to be kind to others. In what way? In their village most people lived in what they call "hand to mouth existence". That means a few months after the harvest season people are looking for work to augment what they have stored. Not all the people have stored that much and they go to the store of Agapita to ask for goods that they would pay for the next harvest season. One day her mother instructed Agapita not to give a certain family what they ask to add to their list. The list was quite long so there s a tendency they couldn't pay anymore. What Agapita did was to give the daughter of their neighbor what they needed in which her mother objected. Agapita didfn't go to the store for sometime. She knows she cannot refuse to help the needy., When she was able to enroll in first year high school she found out that the church of her mother is near her boarding house that she could attend the Holy Mass everyday. Her growing Faith became stronger when her landlady allowed her to stay on weekends when she was away to get her tobacco merchandise in another place so her assignment was to take care of her plants and oversee what the househelpers were doing. It was a very good arrangement, her landlady propagated some of her plants that she could bring home too. This was kindness in action while her mother was very amused of the beautiful roses and cacti adornng their porch. Agapita was engrossed in her belief about the existence of an unseen supreme being. How did this kind of belief penetrated into her mind while other thoughts of reality contradicts her belief when her family was struggling?. How can a family survive with that belief alone? When an event in the family that affected them economically which was the loss of his father's job, Agapita was traumatized that she fell under stress and depression. With her Christian belief that a Supreme God was at hand to help. how can she overcome her mental illness now because of the underlying problem that she could no longer continue her studies without the support of her family? She was treated by the daughter of her former landlady but to no avail. Her father brought her to the nation's capital for treatment, Her insomnia was a little bit treated but they met a Faith Healer to put her under some rituals saying the spirit of Agapita left her so she has to bring it back to her body. That night Agapita felt like her heart was picked like a fruit from a tree but it was replaced with a new one. In her vision it was like the heaven has opened and a spotlight brightened her bed and later on she was showered with rose flowers. Does that mean that she was cured? In the following days she was able to help her mother in their store with suspicious eyes that she wasn't mentally stable. But she decided to go back to school in a nearby college. When she took the Teacher's Selection Test she was on the Top 10 List who passed so she was hired as a permanent teacher. Her bouts of stress and depression coupled with panic attacks affected her health . She was able to manage her career by taking sick leaves, from there she took her advanced studies major in Psychology to help her overcome her illness added to that she went to explore the Power of Natural Healing through massage. With her study in Psychology she was able to use the Power of the Mind. The mind can command the body of what to do. Sometimes to fight her depression and anxiety she would say to herself" my mind is full of ketsup or peanut butter." That was to stop messing up her mind. She prays a lot to replace what was going on in her mind to calm her down. How many times did Agapita said to herself "I will go to my Father's House, there I feel no pain nor sorrow or sickness" Laying down in a golden bed and there Agapita takes her rest. This is her secret chamber when things would try to mess up her mind.

October 29, 2023 22:36

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.