The Danger With Wishes: They Often Come True

Submitted into Contest #16 in response to: Write a story around the theme: Be careful what you wish for.... view prompt

0 comments

General

Why do you wish that things would happen? What would you do if your wish came true? A group of girls had a slumber party and they were six middle school girls who always looked for the next best thing. They got together after school one day to plan this awesome slumber party. Their parents would be out of town but knew about the slumber party. The girls names were: Jazmine, Erica, Alexis, Carmen, Kelly, and April. All of them had been friends since kindergarten and their parents trusted them. None of the girls have a second thought to what was about to happen to them at their slumber party. Jazmine just bought a brand new game called “Dare To Wish” which was a game where they had to make wishes. Once a person made a wish they couldn’t tell the other person because that person had to guess. What they didn’t know if that person guessed the wish it would come true for the last person to make a wish, but the instructions said if a person guessed your wish you had to loose a turn. The wishes could be for anything in the world and all you had to do is try to make sure the other person couldn’t guess your wish. Sometimes the girls would hear adults say if you make a wish and tell it then the wish would not come true, but that is not the case in this game. The girls played the game for several hours and Jazmine and Alexis had the highest score because no one guessed their wishes. That meant that Carmen, Kelly, April and Erica were about to be in for some rude awakenings. It was getting late and the girls were tired from playing that game, eating junk food and telling stories about boys they liked in school. They fell asleep downstairs in the living room and the light was still on in the kitchen. April woke up to use the restroom and her wish was to be in Paris on a yacht, with all of her friends and have lots of money. She went to the restroom and this big hole opened up in the wall and sucked her in..

 When she woke up again she was in Paris on a yacht with her friends and she had lots of money, but she was still a middle school girl, she hadn’t grown up yet. The hole in that bathroom sucked her in and took her through time, but she never aged. April was frightened because strangers came up to her trying to attack her and wanted to steal from her because they knew she was rich. She was constantly running and crying because she wanted to go back home. She was trapped in that world for 6 years. She figured out that in order for her to get back she needed to find a scientist or magician, someone who could help explain everything. But April was not the only one trapped her friends were there, a horrible man kidnapped them and was holding them hostage until April payed him all of her Fortune. He was the one sending bad men after April to hurt and scare her so that she would give up her Fortune. His name was “Big John” and everyone feared him except one person, a magician that created the game “Dare to Wish”. He created the game because he was lonely so he hoped his dream wife would make a wish and get trapped in his world so they could be married. It never happened because mostly children and teenagers played the game. April had to find Wickenter the magician because without his help she would never get out of this horrible world she got trapped in because of her wish. She ran into an old lady on the yacht who heard tale of Wickenter the magician. April convinced her to take her to him so she could speak to him. The lady agreed but of course her advice came with a price. April had to promise to pay for the release of her husband from a prison he was trapped in for years. April agreed and they took a smaller boat to a small island where Wickenter the magician lived. In the distance there was another big island with the words: ENTER IF YOU DARE, it was where “Big John lived and no one escaped his Island alive. April began to cry because she could hear the cries of her friends from that island. They arrive at Wickenter's island and he was surprisingly glad to see them.

Wickenter said he was so tired of that game he was going to destroy it because he never got his wife, but April begged him not to destroy it until he explained how he could get her friends back and return them to their world. He said it’s simple you have to make another wish but if we can’t guess the wish you and your friends are free based upon your wish, but if we guess it you and your friends will be trapped here another 6 years. So April took a deep breath and tried her hardest to come up with a wish they couldn't guess. After she made her wish and the magician and the old lady tried three times to guess, a hole opened up in the sky and sucked April and her friends back through the hole in the bathroom. They were screaming and crying with joy because they thought they would die in that world. After the girls calmed down they went into the living room and the game was still there and their parents had not yet arrived. They quickly closed that game and threw it in the trash. Jazmine asked April what she wished for and she said that my friends and I were never on this island and that Wickenter found the lady of his dreams. Wickenter and the old lady never guessed what April wished for and she and her friends immediately went back to their world never to return again. 



November 20, 2019 16:13

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.