That Particular Day!!! - Where happiness exists...

Submitted into Contest #97 in response to: Start your story with a character looking out of a window in the middle of the night.... view prompt

0 comments

Romance Fiction

She is looking out of her window in the middle of the night sitting in her window recess. Every night Vaishali, a 21 year old of 5.5 feet height, has a round shaped face with her plaited hair long enough to touch her bum, has a habit of seeing the moon and think of all her problems and the things that happened that day. It soothes her soul. She addresses the moon as her “Amor” which in Spanish means “Love”. She feels light after sharing everything with her Amor. It’s like Amor is her Guardian Angel and also her Problem Solver. Her life is not bed of roses. She had faced so many problems which made her to be alone. That night too sitting in her pyjamas she was thinking of that particular day but with different perception.

That particular day started like her routine. She got up at 6 ‘o’ clock in the morning as usual. After getting freshened up, she drank her favorite black coffee - sugarless and helped her mother in doing some household chores. When it was time, she went to bath and got dressed up. She wore a white kurti that has floral designs in black which is her lucky one and blue denims with a pair of shoes that matches her kurti and her hair loosely held. She ate her breakfast and went to work without knowing that something special was awaiting for her.

At work, she have a crush on this person named Prasanth. Prasanth is her co-worker and her senior from college. From the college time, she had a huge crush on him but he had no idea or she thought it to be so. When she enters her workspace, she has a habit of checking on him. She will see him from distance and admire him. Today too she was searching him but he is nowhere to be found. He is on leave. Whole day at work she wasn’t able to concentrate on her work because he will not be on leave too easy and she wanted to know why. To her disappointment she wasn’t able to find the reason. She felt bad. She had lingering thoughts about him all the way to her home. ‘Why’ is her question she was not able to find answer to. When she reached home all her ‘Whys’ question had answer. To her surprise he was sitting in her home with his family for marriage proposal and all she could say is ‘Oh my Good God!!!’. After all the traditional methods of talking about their families and so on, both the families asked Vaishali and Prasanth to go and talk alone. 

The first minute they were alone she couldn’t keep her curiosity more than that and asked, “How did you know that I had crush on you?”. Prasanth then holding back his smile came near her ear and whispered, “How could I miss such a beautiful woman in my life!”. She was stunned. She had this moment of imagination running in her head for thousand times but never expected that it would come true. He then told the story of how he knew from the beginning that she a had crush on her, how she was so beautiful the first time he saw her, how the whole college except her knew that he loved her, how he was lucky that Vaishali too joined in the same company he worked in, how he knows she checks him the first as soon as she enter work station, how he got the permission of his family and hers too. And he said the last thing needed for them to be together is her giving stamp of approval for him to be love of her life. Now that she knew the whole story, she could not see him eye to eye. She is filled with shyness. She wanted to say Yes the very moment but she can’t able to find the right words. The man whom she loves stands next to her and asking her to marry him. It is a dream come true moment and she wanted to make sure that it isn’t dream. So she pinched herself and realized this is reality. Seeing this, Prasanth could not resist her cuteness and told her ‘I Love You’ for the first time. All this while she wasn’t able to stop smiling and now without her knowledge she was blushing. Realizing that he is waiting for her reply, she told ‘Love You More’.

After this incident, she said ‘Yes’ in front of their families and their eyes met for the first time all this while. After Prasanth’s family left, her mind kept on playing that one scene again and again and she could never stop her smile. At night while she is having her dinner, her mobile phone flashed with Prasanth’s message that read, “Love you Sweetheart. Sleep Well. Will see you tomorrow at work”. Reading this, she realized how caring he is and replied, “Good night Love! Waiting to meet you too”. 

Vaishali was not able to sleep with her overwhelming happiness, so she sat at the recess and looked at the moon. The moon is bright today. She felt like her Amor is smiling at her back. On seeing her Amor she thought of every problems she faced. Every time she faces a problem, she wants someone to listen to her problem, someone who doesn’t judge her but listen, someone who will be there for her inspite of that. And her Amor did exactly the same thing and that’s what made her life easy. Now with all this joy and with Prasanth on her side – to be her forever, she was so grateful for her Amor. Every night being slept with nagging thoughts about her life and future, today to sleep with so much happiness and satisfaction, she believed miracles also happens. She also understood that life is going to give us so many opportunities for being happy, sad, to love, to hate, to accept, to grow and so on. It is in us to wait and get through of hard times with a hope that life will someday give us happiness for sure. She thought it is a apt name for life to be called, “Windows Of Opportunities”. As her thought receded, she slept with a smiling face and thanked life for this day!

June 11, 2021 16:21

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.