0 comments

General

"I never realized that the man whom we exchanged vows and said'i do' was a murderer, "said Melody. It has barely been one year since we got married, but things were not going right as expected.

Melody jumped into a relationship not considering the circumstances that she was getting involved to. It was like jumping from frying pan into fire, and burning totally beyond recognition.

The love, the caring that her husband had for her all thrown down into the deepest oceans which can never be retrieved. Melody was heavy loaded with the first child, the happiness in her all shown all over her face but one thing lacked was that the husband had that look of not being happy one in a bit.

All this started into the late coming of her husband from work which was very unusual for him. A big bang at the door that brought chills all over Melody's body, so frightened to death as she opened the door. One push from the husband as she fell on her side-*

"Get out of the way-

Melody didn't understand why her husband was drank, the all room smelled like brewery, she headed towards him and no matter how she tried to be the best wife, kicks and blows were all over her. The husband had turned her into a punching pillow, removing all his anger on her.

"what did I do wrong to deserve all this? Tears flowed over Melody's eyes but that did not bring sympathy of the husband towards her.

"breakfast is ready, "Melody called out to the husband before he could go to work. The husband passed her like a stranger and all he could say was, "am not hungry.

Melody tried to insist all over and over but the husband kept on shouting at her like a no body. Life was so unbearable that she could not hold More pain inside her. Resting in her living room, a call came and it was a mysterious sound.

"Go to Hilton hotel, you will find your husband with a lady. "

Before Melody could ask more questions, the phone had already cut off as she prepared leaving for Hilton hotel. At her surprise she was shocked when she found the husband with another woman.

Ben!!!!! Melody called, Ben being startled as he looked at Melody with that possessed look. Melody couldn't stand one in a bit as she ran out crying her eyes out heading home.

But why Ben? She asked herself but there was no any answer that would come through.

There was that sharp pain that kept on pinching her, holding her tummy, groaning in pain down on the floor.

"O God! My stomach

Little did she realized blood all over her dress at the back, sliding slowly in pain to reach at the door, "help me!

The gateman saw her from far, running towards her to help her but that strength in Melody had gone. Melody was dying in front of the eyes of the gateman. The gateman rushed outside the gate and stopped a vehicle.

"Help!

The vehicle came to an halt-*

"What's the matter? the driver asked.

"Its my madam, she is bleeding, "said the gateman.

The driver came out of the vehicle as they assisted Melody into the vehicle rushing her to the hospital. Ben pretended to be a concern husband as he rushed to the hospital *

"How is my wife?

No one answered him but the doctor came out, "we are sorry the child died on the womb.

"How is my wife? Can I see her, "Ben asked but all the doctor could tell him was his wife never wanted to see him. Ben waited for the doctor to go as he stormed into the room, holding a knife ready to stab Melody on the chest, when she woke up seeing her husband with a knife. Melody screamed for help and later he was arrested for attempt murder. Days passed, Melody divorced his husband and left him. The experience that was caused by the twist in the past, she wish not to repeat it again.



CCopyright by Joan Opoyi



November 07, 2019 12:46

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.