Lee and Adam are now Strangers

Submitted into Contest #96 in response to: Write a story about strangers becoming friends, or friends becoming strangers.... view prompt

0 comments

Teens & Young Adult American Creative Nonfiction

TW: bullying

Lee has been friends with Adam for years their friend ship goes back to when they was teens. Now as they are grown men Lee has heard over they years how Adam has used him in certain ways from other people. Lee did not think it was true so he stayed Adams friend over the course of the next few years. The two men grew apart the longer Lee and Adam stayed apart the more, Lee heard the stuff Adam said about him.

 

Adam was a cheater he cheated on every woman he dated Adam new that one day he would be caught. So he took to using Lee as a escape goat tell his girlfriend every time his phone would ring it was Lee. Every time his girlfriend wanted him to come over Adam would tell his other girl friend that Lee wanted him to come over. A couple of months into this the first girl friend got tired of it and broke up with Adam.

 

Lee tried to tell Adam’s girlfriend what was going on through texting but when Lee tried Adam’s girl friend told Adam to deal with it Adam told Lee.

 

Adam: ( Why are you contacting my girlfriend?)

 

Lee: ( I am telling her what you have been doing. I am sick and tired of you getting all these women and treating them like crap. It is because guy’s like you cheating on women guys like me can not get a woman because she does not trust me because of you.)

 

Adam: ( I do not care you contact her again I will deal with you. The best thing you could do for you friends and family is go hang your self do everyone a favor.)

 

Lee: ( Maybe I will. Goodbye I do not ever wanna hear from you again.)

 

The girl friend heard some stuff about Adam so she decided to contact Lee she search for some time finally tracking Lee down and asked him.

 

Ex- Girl friend: ( Hey Lee do you have a minute? I would like to ask you a few questions.)

 

Lee: ( Okay?)

 

Ex-Girl friend: ( It is about Adam.)

 

Lee: ( Okay. What do you wanna know? Adam and I have not spoken in forever.)

 

Ex- Girl friend: ( I know that much. But what I wanna know is how often did you speak to him when Adam and I was together?)

 

Lee: ( Not very often. The only time I spoke to him was when he came over or called me or text me.)

 

Ex-Girl friend: ( Really that is interesting. He told me you was always calling him texting him and wanting him to come over.)

 

Lee: ( Look I am not saying you a lying. I am just going to tell you this I would not say I did not contact him if I did. What I am going to tell you is I was brought up to tell the truth and the truth is that I in no way contacted him. You want to know it is because I tried to tell you what was going on he contacted me and thought it was cool to tell me to go hang my self. So I will in no way lie for him I do not even wanna see him.)

 

Ex-Girl friend: ( I had no idea you was trying to tell me if I did I would have listened to you. I am also sorry He said that to you I have no idea what is wrong with him.)

 

Lee: ( Well a few months ago he tried to contact me I guess before you to broke up.This is what he told me I will send you the messages if you want. He told me he was sorry for telling me to go hang myself that he was going through a bad spell all the usual stuff but I did not buy into it. The last thing he said is if I could find it in my heart to forgive him he would it be awesome.)

 

Ex-Girlfriend: ( Did you forgive him?)

 

Lee: ( No I did not. Ten years of friend ship is over all we are now are strangers to one another.)

 

Lee and Adam’s Ex- girlfriend finished talking Lee sat there on the couch thinking about why Adam did all he did. Trying to figure out why Adam acted the way he did when Lee tried to just warn her so she did not get to heart broken. Lee was trying to do the right thing the loss of his friend hit Lee hard. He knows that he can not have a friend like Adam in his life.

 

With everything Adam has done turning his back on Lee so many time telling him to kill his self. Using Lee to get away from his girl friend to see another woman Lee can not have that type of person in his life. Everything that Adam did makes it hard for Lee to trust anyone to be his friend. Lee questions his self because he did not see any of this coming Lee never thought Adam would do anything like this. Those text from Adam’s ex really got to Lee ( was I that blind) Lee thought or ( Was I that stupid to trust Adam that much) he thought to his self again.

 

Lee new he was to trusting in people so maybe Lee needs to to trusting people right away. Adam was a good friend in the beginning Lee stuck by him through everything even when Adam got blamed for stuff. Lee never thought Adam did those thing but who knows maybe he did. Lee think to his self ( Why am I questioning my self for? I did not do anything I was just a fool for not seeing what he was doing is all. I am glad we are not longer friends.)

 

All Lee knows is that he wants some answer’s he also knows he may never get them. At this point Lee could careless but if at some point Adam does try to reach out one last time Lee may listen to him. Only if Adam gave him answers but Lee knows he would just feed lies to him just so Adam could get back on Lee’s good side. The more Lee thinks about it the more he seems to think, things just need to stay the way they are him and Adam just to remain strangers.  

May 29, 2021 19:41

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.