0 comments

Adventure Fiction Western

"Tonto, A Faithful Kimosabe"


Tonto rode alongside the Lone Ranger on their trusty horses, Silver and Scout. The sun beat down on the dusty terrain. Tonto was lost in thought until the sound of gunfire shattered the silence.


The Lone Ranger spurred Silver into a gallop saying, “Hi HO, Silver!”, and Tonto followed close behind. As they rode towards the gunfire, they heard the screams of a young girl. They found her father, the sheriff, frantically looking for her.


"Please, you have to help me," he begged. "My daughter, Kate, has been kidnapped by Black Bart and his gang. They've been terrorizing the town for weeks."


The Lone Ranger nodded, "We'll find her, Sheriff. Tonto and I will handle this."


Tonto noticed the look of determination in the Lone Ranger's eyes and knew they had to act fast. "Let's go," the Lone Ranger said, as he led the way towards the bandits in the direction that the sheriff had indicated.


Outside of town Tonto stopped to examine the tracks. "They went this way There's six of them, and they're heavily armed," he said, as he pointed.


The Lone Ranger nodded, "We'll have to be careful. We don't want to get caught."


As the Lone Ranger and Tonto searched for the hideout, they scoured the rugged terrain for any sign of Black Bart's gang. But the bandits had done a good job of covering their tracks, and they seemed to have vanished without a trace.


The Lone Ranger began to feel discouraged. He looked toward his friend, Tonto, in the expecting way he had always done in the past, when he really needed his help. 


Tonto took his cue. He knew that giving up was not an option. He immediately went into action, using his expert tracking skills to help them find the hideout.


Tonto got off his horse and examined the ground carefully. He noticed a faint set of tracks leading off into the distance. "Kemosabe, over here," he called out.


The Lone Ranger rode up to Tonto and looked at the tracks. "What do you see, Tonto?"


Tonto examined the tracks carefully. "These tracks are fresh, but they've tried to hide them. I think this could be the way to their hideout."


The Lone Ranger nodded, "Lead the way, Tonto."


Tonto got back on his horse, and the Lone Ranger followed closely behind. They rode for miles, following the tracks as they weaved in and out of the rugged terrain.


Finally, they reached a small clearing, and Tonto signaled for the Lone Ranger to stop. He dismounted and crept forward slowly, scanning the area for any sign of the bandits.


He noticed a small cave entrance, almost hidden by the surrounding rocks. Tonto signaled for the Lone Ranger to come closer, and they examined the entrance carefully.


"I think this is it," Tonto said, pointing to the cave. "We should be cautious. There could be more bandits inside."


The Lone Ranger nodded, "We'll have to be careful. I’ll make my way inside. You stay out here to cover my back."

And with that, the Lone Ranger made his way into the cave, ready to face whatever dangers lay ahead.


Ranger cautiously made his way cautiously through the cave keeping eyes peeled for any sign of the kidnapped girl. Suddenly, he heard a scream. "That's her! I’ve got to move quickly!", the Lone Ranger thought. 


He darted towards the sound of the scream, making his way down a passageway and veering to the left. He found the young girl, tied up and scared. The Lone Ranger quickly untied her. 


He pointed in the direction of the entrance. “Go!” He said. 


The sheriff’s daughter ran out of the cave, and was met by Tonto, who said, when he saw her, “Wait were with me! You are safe now!”


Meanwhile, the Lone Ranger engaged in a shootout with Black Bart and his men. Tonto could hear the gunfire, his and heart raced. He knew he had to remain focused and ready to help his friend at a moment's notice if need be.


As the Lone Ranger engaged in the shootout with Black Bart and his gang, the bandits fired their weapons wildly, causing chaos even amongst themselves. The Lone Ranger took cover behind a nearby boulder, surveying the area for the best way to proceed.


He noticed that the bandits were spread out, making it difficult for him to take them down without harming them. The Lone Ranger knew that he wanted to find a way to capture them without hurting them.


He decided to use his expert marksmanship skills to disarm the bandits. With steady hands and a calm mind, he aimed his guns at the bandits' weapons, shooting them out of their hands with incredible precision.


As the bandits realized they were disarmed, they surrendered, knowing they were no match for the Lone Ranger's skills. Black Bart himself stepped forward, his hands in the air, surrendering to the Lone Ranger.


The Lone Ranger approached Black Bart, "You're under arrest for kidnapping, robbery, and murder."


Black Bart glared at the Lone Ranger, "You'll never take me alive, Ranger!"


But the Lone Ranger remained calm, "I don't want to hurt you, Bart. Surrender now, and we can do this peacefully."


Black Bart hesitated for a moment, then slowly lowered his head, knowing that he had been outmatched. The Lone Ranger disarmed and arrested the bandits, taking them out of the cave.


But outside of the cave, things were not quite finished. Suddenly, a bandit appeared out of nowhere, pointing his gun directly at Tonto. 


Kate screamed creating a distraction causing the bandit to look toward her.


Without hesitation, Tonto disarmed the bandit, taking him down with a swift punch. 


Just then the Lone Ranger emerged from the cave victorious! Tonto quickly helped tie the captured bandits. They lead them back to the sheriff. The sheriff's daughter was safe, and Black Bart and his gang were behind bars.


The Lone Ranger turned to Tonto, "You were an amazing help, Tonto. I couldn't have done it without you."

Tonto smiled, "I'm just happy to help, Kemosabe. As long as we keep making a difference, that's all that matters."


And with that, the Lone Ranger and Tonto rode off ready for their next adventure whatever that may be…


Kate later wrote this poem in her diary:


“The Lone Ranger and Tonto, So Bold”       by Kate 


The Lone Ranger and Tonto it is told,

Rode through town so brave and bold.

The sheriff's daughter watched them go,

Ready for adventure, don't you know!


Black Bart and his gang were on the loose,

The town was in danger, what to do?

But the Lone Ranger and Tonto came to the aid,

To capture the bandits, they weren't afraid.


The shootout was loud, the danger real,

But the Lone Ranger had a plan to deal.

With his expert aim and a steady hand,

He disarmed the bandits right where they did stand.


The sheriff's daughter watched with pride,

As the Lone Ranger and Tonto rode by her side.

Their bravery and courage saved the day,

And the town was safe once again, hooray!


The Lone Ranger 

and Tonto rode off,

Their work here was done, with no scoff.

The sheriff's daughter waved goodbye,

Thankful for their help, with a sigh.


The Wild West can be a dangerous place,

But the Lone Ranger and Tonto are a saving grace.

They'll protect the town, come what may,

And the sheriff's daughter will cheer them on, every day.

April 27, 2023 16:05

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.