0 comments

General

"it was just here!!" I was just showing Em, Jesse's childhood best friend who was beautiful she had beautiful honey brown skin, long, soft curly hair in which she hated she would get a blow out and it would be a beautiful straight, but then as soon as she would get it done was just as fast as humidity would get it back curly again which fit her beautifully. But she had lost her favorite most prized pocket watch locket which was passed down from her mothers mother and then passed to her a little before her grandma passed so it was very dear to her in a way she felt as though it was her responsibility to protect it with everything in her . However on this particular day she had not seen it anywhere in sight which was odd because Jesse was very careful and organized and responsible, with all her things especially this there was only one or two places she could actually think of it being which were either her homemade wooden jewelry box that she made in the eighth grade in her crafts men ship work shop class, with pretty little seashells some family polaroid photos and other cute little Knick Knacks but it was either there or in her possession which was mostly her pocket, but either way "it should be here where i left it?!" she said in a curious concerned upset kinda way.

Jesse decided to retrace her steps so she stops to think. So sitting on her pink, lazy boy, fluffy chair with hearts, lipsticks and glitter on it she decides to sit and retrace her steps. So sitting there looking at the mess that she had made from earlier from looking for her pocket locket she stares at the mess she checks around the room looking at her pink and purple painted walls her pictures and also other miscellaneous items laying around and then she remembers, "Em!" she jumps up and gasps out loud Em was the last person she remembered herself seeing it with so she picks up her pink diamond studded case i-phone and calls her friend (ring ring ring ) the other line rings "hello" Em says in her cute little baby voice "Em?" jesses continues on the other line , yea? "Jess, was-sup i'm ready to go running errands with my mom in a few", "so, was-sup is everything ok" Jess hurries up and chimes Em my locket is missing, i looked everywhere and i cannot find it anywhere" jess started to cry saying she feels so irresponsible feels like she was letting her G-ma and mother down cause she was trusted with something so near and dear to all of their hearts and she lost it "how irresponsible of me?" she cries quietly in the phone. Em immediately felt bad not only because of the locket being so special to her family but also because she knew how her best friend was. They have been knowing each other since preschool days so she knew that this was a big issue to her and also she knew how special it was to her so Em tries to calm Jess down by being calm and telling her that "its ok jess," well find it its going to be ok" Em tells Jess to think about all the places she had went to prior to misplacing the locket jess starts to think "oh the library!?" she remembers going to check out a book and to study so Em says "ok cool we'll start there."

Calling down to the local library a nice lady named Ms.Lisa picks up the phone "Hello downtown public library" she says on the other end "Hello" Jess begins to whimper into the phone before Em jumps in and says "Yes, Hi um I am calling I guess to see about you guys lost and found" The woman says "yes Mam", have you lost or misplaced something?" yes yes i have" Em starts to describe the locket to the lady and before Em could finish the lady quickly says "No" that she has not seen anything similar to that cross her path but if she does she will be sure to put it up for them. She apologizes and hangs up.

Jess starts to get up set again "see i told you" Jess starts to say Em says "its ok, "we just started looking we will find it. "Emily!?" Em mom yells from down the stairs "Yes" Em yells back are you ready? "yes" Em yells back .Em tells Jess that she will be over her house shortly in about an hour to help with her mom a little with the errands. Jess says "ok" and they both hang up .


about an hour or so later Em shows up and knocks on Jesse's door she opens it and lets her in they go up the stairs to Jesse's room. Jess cleaned up the room a little before Em came so wasn't as messy as before. So they both sit and start to talk about where the locket may be. Em suggests checking all the house everywhere all the rooms everywhere so they start to search. in the middle of searching Ems goes in her pocket to retrieve her phone and out pops the locket.

They both sit there stuck in awe ,lost, they both was. How did it get in there they both wondered, if they weren't as close as they were Jess would of thought she was trying to steal it from her but she knew Em better than that and then she remembered yesterday when she was showing Em the piece she remembered she had on a dress when they was out earlier that day and she had set it in Ems pocket so she wouldn't loose it because she didn't have any pockets she just had forgot to get it back from her when they finally got back, Em didn't even know that she had put it in her pocket.

they both laughed about it Em makes friendly fun of her friend being a crybaby Jess takes the locket and puts it safely back into her wooden jewelry box promising to herself to not ever loose it again it teaches her a valuable lesson though which is to always keep her belongings with her and to not ever be that irresponsible again and also that sometimes when you loose something try not to look to hard because when you do you overlook the most obvious things.






December 02, 2019 08:39

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.