2 comments

General

                             The Blue

I can’t even imagine how irresponsible you are.

Babe... I’m sorry what!!!!??

Look i gave you one simple instruction and you messed it up.

Wait... What!!!!

One simple task with instruction even a toddler can comprehend….unbelievable and you have the audacity to ask what do i get in return. If this is how you are going to operate you know exactly where the door is. It’s been six months and it’s still not early to call it quits. So you decide if you want to leave or stay.

“First of all BABE i did

exactly what you asked of me”.

 “Jus hush up!!!!!!!!”

“Wait, seriously!!!”

“One final time please get it in sky blue and not navy blue geeeeeeesseee!!!!!!!!”.

“WOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!, if i had known you’re so delusional  i would have left the same week .You are so demanding and rude  I don’t think  I can tolerate this nasty  attitude.”

“Look you have 24 hours to get it right and that is final so take it or leave it, you decide”.

“WHAT!!!!!! Ok bye” (dial tone). 

Why is my phone lighting up is that babe.

“Look nephew if it were not for my sister you would be gone in a jiff. I know its summer and you wanted something so I told her to send you. You have a lot of potential but you also have a lot to learn and you can start by having a positive attitude towards your work. You should have already grasped simple task and instructions because you’ve been here after school every three evenings. Your head is too much in that piece of device smh, give it to me knuckle head”.

                                                  The Split

“Hey bro you’re not going to believe what just happened”.

“What flying saucers and moonwalkers.”

“Not exactly but close you idiot”, well I just broke up with babe.

“Wait for real bruh”

 “Huh uh one thing lead to another and she got rude and kept demanding stuff and that I was irresponsible and to top it off she wouldn’t listen to me”.

“It’s a good thing I have a spear, I don’t even want to see her I’m packing my stuff and heading back to my old apartment”. “

“And to think she was the one smh , crazy bruh”.

“I Know I got her exactly that navy blue dress she wanted, she even tried it on and it fit perfectly with that sky blue pumps, the nerve”.

“I’m changing my number and I’m blocking her on every link possible”.

“I am speechless bro thought she was cool,

“She really liked you though I could tell”.

      “This is all your fault, I should have left her stranded with that flat, but you kept nagging, turn back turn back shesss haaaaaatttt!

“But she is bruh”.

“Any way I need your help to move a few stuff right now before she gets home”. “OKKKKiieee I’m on thee wayyy”.

                                              Grey Sky Blue

Why am I getting voicemails, where is babe I would love to hear his voice I going to wear that outfit tonight. Oh well when he comes home I will tell him I really love my dress. I am so tired I just going to get some rest hope he got the message I left earlier. Where is his truck, he never told me he was going out.

What in the world, where his stuff is.

Still no answer,

What no calls allowed from this number, like seriously.

Did he leave without saying goodbye, what is going on?  

“Hey is your brother home”,

 No haven’t heard from him all day, what’s the matter”.

“Well we spoke earlier and he was good and now I’m home and all is stuff is missing.  Also when I try calling his phone, it says my number is blocked”.

“Hold a bit let me try, well it is not blocked, but I’m just getting a voicemail, perhaps charging”.

“Yes, but where is his stuff”.

“O yes you said that too. Did you guys have a fight”.

“No we didn’t that’s why I’m now concerned.

“I suggest try a little later or call his weird best friend, you know the trucker”.

“Hey what’s good?”(Snif sniff)

“Hmmmmmm peanut butter and jelly!!!?”

“Ok  , anyway have you heard from my bae all day I came home and all his stuff is gone, and he’s  not answering my calls and for some reason he blocked my number”.  “I know you’re his best friend and was just wondering if he called you”.

“Yes he did and you actually have the nerve to call me because I have no feelings”  

“Huh I’m sorry what”.

“If you were not so demanding and rude to him today he would have stayed with us”. “With us huh”,

“Yup you pushed him to the limit and you didn’t have the fear to do it face to face, telling him that he got the blue navy dress with the baby bottoms tops” .

“HOLD UP!!!!!!!!! As much as you are not making full sense I understand you”.

 “We spoke today and I possibly did not hang up my phone properly and he overheard an argument with my nephew and I at work today. He thought I was talking to him and now he’s upset with me”.

“So you’re saying that you were not talking to him”,

“No I was not, after that I might have muted instead of hung up the phone. 

“Where is he now? Meet me at the truck stop in 30”.

“Took you long enough where is he, well he is at the old apartment let’s get going”, follow me”.

“I owe you one”,

“All in a day’s work”.

“Well here we are”

baaaaabee” , “baaabbbee”.

“What the ……knuckle head what did you do”.

“Just listen please before you get upset”.

“You might have overheard me today”

“Might have!? I heard you loud and clear”

“Ok , you did hear me arguing with my nephew and you misunderstood it for you”.  “After we spoke I perhaps muted my phone instead of hanging up and you heard the whoooollee thing”. Which reminds me I saw my phone lit up when you hung up hmmmmm...? I’m  soo sorry for the mix up with my navy sky blue drama.

“I love you babe now let’s go I have this perfect evening planned out for us in my navy blue , sky blue bottoms”.

‘Now I feel like a fool lets go hun”

“This is one Navy Sky Blue day”.

July 17, 2020 06:40

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Aidrielle R.
16:45 Jul 23, 2020

hi! i'm from the critique circle. this was really fun to read! but the way it was formatted made it kind of confusing at times. there were also some mistakes regarding punctuation and grammar, but those can be easily fixed. still, good job!!

Reply

Fani Kerr
17:12 Jul 23, 2020

YES agreed, thank you appreciate the feed back.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.