2 comments

Romance High School Teens & Young Adult

Julie Ambazi smiled and socialized with her peers or so it seemed. Her attention, all of it, was focused on only one person. The person who was smiling and laughing super loud with her bad vibe entourage, Lydia Mpoa.

'Who even invited them?' Julie wondered.

This was her party and yet someone she specifically chose to not invite was a few feet away drinking her punch and eating her food in her own house. The red party cup in Julie's hand unfortunately was the poor soul which had to experience her anger as it was crushed in a tight fist.

"Hey Julie you okay?" A random guy asked concern clearly drawn on his face, nonetheless Julie didn't bother to answer. She shoved past him and walked towards the devil herself. As she approached the all dressed in black group ,the devil's back to her, the guys went quiet and Julie knew she was smirking. Her arch enemy was smirking knowing it was her even before she said anything to her. This only fueled her anger.

"Who the fuck invited you Lydia? You do not go for parties and even if you did, I did not want you in my party. So what the hell are you doing here?", Julie let all the venom in her throat escape.

Julie placed her hands on her waist, letting all her anger flow through her body and converge in her hands which made her fingers squeeze her waist tightly. She was pretty sure she would find a bruise, but a bruise was the price to pay for controlling her anger otherwise she would be pouncing on Lydia and no one could save her from her wrath.

"Listen Julie, first great party by the way. Second, I don't need a freaking invitation, I go where I want and when I want. And lastly, we are graduating soon so I need to break my high school parties cherry so you should be highly honored that you have my virginity" Lydia's famous 'back off' face was the image in Julie's pupil, her mind quickly registered the threat in front of her. Evasive maneuvers were just about, just, to take over by making Julie back away or run away but she stood her ground pretending 'the face' as people called it didn't affect her. Others might have bought her brave stunt but Lydia saw right through her, with a satisfied smirk on her face she turned around,

"so yeah I have the total advantage on this guy and I take my shot, he blacks the hell out" laughter erupts in her little group.

Julie felt her anger travelling through her whole body and finally to her feet, with a stomp of her 6 inch heels she heavily attacked the floor as she walked towards the kitchen. If she was a cartoon, steam would literally be coming from her ears, her body shook and her ears, according to the reflection on her fridge, were red with rage.

But, she decided to have fun at her own party. She couldn't throw Lydia out it would ruin her reputation so she just 'chilled'. Drunk beer here and there, played some few games and even kissed a girl or two. By 2 A.M. most people were drunk or high out of their minds but Julie could hold her liquor so being the only sober person in a drunk train wasn't exactly super fun so she went to her backyard for a swim. No one was there and by that she meant the ten people who were passed out around the pool. So she just stripped out of her tight short black dress living her in her purple bikini. She placed herself at the edge of the deep pool and soon her body sliced through the cold water, her body felt amazing. She swam for a long time at least that's how she described it since she wasn't really keeping tabs.

As she placed herself at one of the corners with her head at the edge she realized her nipples were too sensitive to the water as opposed to have a cloth trying to separate the water from her body. When she looked down, her bra was missing. And just as she thought things couldn't get worse some guys and girls started heading out of the house tapping away on their phones meaning they were still sober, they were staggering or anything. When she looked for her bra string it was at the other side of the pool. A few meters away, if she swam she would draw attention to herself and that would alert the sober people. As she panicked she didn't see the shadow, she didn't feel the ripple of water made by someone swimming but she did feel the electricity and warmth as a body covered her and pushed her further into the corner.

Gasping, she met the eyes she had learned to poke out in her dreams.

Lydia.

"Act normal and they won't see" she said as she kept an eye on the sober group as they talked.

She quickly slipped the top string around Julie's neck, her fingers slightly coming into contact with her skin.

A gasp escapes both of them as electricity ripples through both of them. Lydia's attention snapped to Julie who was looking at her with a longing yet confused look. Lydia just went on to finish dressing Julie. She moved both of them away from the corner slightly as she tied the strings on her back.

When she saw she had finished her rescue mission she turned to swim away. But her now soaked leather jacket was pulled making her turn to Julie. The confusion now being more prominent in her eyes and also her face as her eyebrows furrowed together,

"Why?"

Lydia looked at Julie and contemplated telling her the whole mambo jumbo but she decided to go with the summarized version.

"Am just tired of this feud. So this" she gestured at her bikini bra, "was my white flag. I quit or surrender to whatever this whole feud has been. You can continue but am done and I won't invite myself to your parties anymore. Night, Julie,"

She turned and swam away and was out of the pool and her now soaked clothes looking so heavy and uncomfortable but all this couldn't measure up to the confusion cooking in Julie's mind. The same question ringing through her mind,

'Why?'

The answer she got was clearly not enough. Lydia was now in Julie's sights and she was going to make sure Julie is in more of her parties. Lydia wanted her attention and now she most definitely has it.

May 08, 2021 19:46

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Karen McDermott
13:28 May 15, 2021

That was quite unexpected! I also just wanted to say hi to Bean in your profile pic :)

Reply

Bella A
20:17 May 15, 2021

Thank you for reading my piece. I love unexpected and am happy you experienced it too with my piece. Bean says hi too🤗

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.