0 comments

Inspirational Romance

This story contains sensitive content

Samantha and David had been dating for almost a year, and everything seemed perfect. They had been spending all of their time together and were getting to know each other on a deeper level. However, there was one thing that Samantha had been keeping from David - she was still in love with her ex-boyfriend.


It had been a long time since Samantha had seen her ex, and she thought that she had moved on. But when she started dating David, she realized that she still had feelings for her ex-boyfriend. She didn't know how to tell David, so she kept it to herself.


David had noticed that Samantha had been acting distant lately, and he couldn't figure out why. He thought that maybe she was losing interest in him, and it worried him. He decided to confront her and find out what was going on.


"Samantha, is everything okay?" David asked.


Samantha hesitated before finally deciding to confess. "David, there's something I need to tell you. I'm still in love with my ex-boyfriend."


David was shocked. He didn't know how to react. He had never been in a situation like this before. "Why didn't you tell me earlier?" he asked.


"I didn't know how to tell you," Samantha replied. "I didn't want to hurt you, and I thought that maybe my feelings would go away."


David took a deep breath and thought about what to say. "I appreciate your honesty, Samantha. It must have been hard for you to tell me this. But I need some time to process this. I don't know what this means for our relationship."


Samantha understood and gave him the space he needed. David took a few days to think things over and decided that he wanted to work through it with Samantha. He loved her, and he didn't want to lose her.


They sat down and had a long conversation about their feelings and how they could move forward. Samantha promised David that she would work on letting go of her ex-boyfriend, and David promised to be there for her every step of the way.


It wasn't an easy road, but they were committed to each other, and they made it work. They learned to communicate better, and their relationship grew stronger as a result of their honesty and openness. They were grateful for each other and the love they shared, and they knew that they were meant to be together.

January 28, 2022 17:35

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustrated Short Stories | 2024-06

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in Reedsy Studio. 100% free.