The kingdom of song

Submitted into Contest #26 in response to: Write about a character who was raised in a musical family.... view prompt

0 comments

General

Hello my name is Luna and i'm a princess. My kingdom is known as the kingdom of song. I know right such a cheese name for a kingdom. But it works. There actually is a reason why it is referred as the kingdom of song and that is because every ruler before my dad was known for their voice.

And today was the national song fest. And every year there is a member of my family performing. And this year is finally my year. But before the festival i have to welcome a whole bunch of other musicians into my home to wish them luck.

“Princess princess get up it's time to get up you have work to do”

“Go away”

“Luna get your damned but up” my maid said as she pulled me out of my bed

“ ugggg why do i have to get up i'm a princess i should be able to sleep”

“Today is when it's the day of the song fest”

“What that's today!?” I said get up and hurrying to my dresser

“Princess here wear this.” 

“oh my god this is so pretty lily!”

The dress was a baby blue fading into a lilac. It had cross straps in the back and knee length. So i put it on.

“Wow so pretty!”

“I know it is.”

“No Luna i'm not talking about the dress i'm talking about you”

“W-what do you mean Lily”

“Well it's just your so much prettier than I am”

“No not true you're beautiful too,” I said as I hugged her

“K princess it time to go and don't forget don't stress your voice you need it for tonight”

“Im ready” i said. I drew a long deep breath

We walked out the door and down the hall. 

And bam that's when i ran into him the piper.

The was taller than me. He had long black hair that was pulled back in a ponytail. He had beautiful purple eyes. 

“Ow that hurt” i said sitting on the ground. Lily beside me.

“Princess Are you alright” said Lilly as she helped me up

All of a sudden “there he is get him get that stupid piper”

“STOP” i screamed

They all stopped dead in their tracks

“Explain why you are chasing this young man” i said politely

“Why should we tell you little girl”

Did he really just give me (the princess) a god damn attitude

“ I am the princess does not give me an attitude or i will smack you” i said in an angry voice as I got up.

They slowly backed away put their heads down and said

“S-s-sorry miss we didn't mean to”

“Its fine, now if you would please tell me why are you chasing this poor young man”

“umm “

“Well tell me i don't have all day”

That's when the young man blurted out “they were trying to to take my hand carved flute”

“Ugh i knew this would happen, lily bring the two men that were chasing the boy to father”

“Yes mam’ boys if you'll come with me please” they both followed her willing. I turned looked at the boy sitting on the floor and reached out my hand, smiled and said “here let me help you up” he slowly took my hand and got up

“Now tell me what is your name?”

“M-m-my name is freed.”

“Well freed my name is Luna. Well you don't have to worry about those boys bugging you anymore”

“Thanks you saved my life I owe you one”

*laughs*

“W-why are you laughing”

“Because I never had any one say that, well we should get down to the dining room that's where the performers are supposed to meet”

“K let's go then”

We walked down the long hall full of my families pictures , turned left to the stairs and go down them.

“Okay were here”

“Ahh here she is, princess Luna my beloved daughter,” said my father walking over and placing a hand on my shoulder

“Hello boys, father can i talk to you in private for a minute”

“Yes” 

I pulled him to the side

“ did lily take the two boys to you”

“Yes i kicked them out”

“I'm afraid that there might be some more attacks on the performers tonight”

“My love don’t worry I'll be there” He said hugging me

“Okay let's get the greeting done and over with”

So father walked over first then i did i did a long deep curtsy and said “hello my name is Luna, the girl that is going to be singing tonight”

One of to boy walked up took my hand and kissed after he did he said “is your voice just as beautiful as you are”

“Sir i don't know i guess you'll have to wait and see just like all of the others” I said pulling my hand away “what is your name sir” 

that's when my father said “Luna darling i have to leave for a meeting could you take care of this for me”

“Yes i can go right ahead”

After he left, I turned to the man and said “so your name”

“My name is Lucas”

“Well Lucas i don't tell secrets that easily” i leaned down put my face to his ear and said “nice try” backed up and turned to the other men “okay how many are you so we could figure out where you are going to be standing on stage”

That's when one said “6 there are six of us there was 8 but two were already kicked out” 

After i put all six of them into there places I had them play for me.

“Okay freed and Lucas you two go to the back”

“Why Mrs” they both said in unison

“Because you guys are the strongest players and everybody on stage need to be heard”

“Well that does make sense princess” said freed 

I moved the other four boys to a spot on stage where they could be heard really well on stage.

“Okay then the festival gates are going to open now. Are you boys ready?”

“Yes”

Then they started to play ‘Teir Abhaile Riu’

Then i came on as I sang i felt like i was flying and I could feel that my family was proud of me so I sang more 

Look how the light of the town the lights of the town are shining now Tonight I'll be dancing around I'm off on the road to Galway now Look how she's off on the town She's off on a search for sailors though There's fine fellas here to be found She's never been one to stay at home…”

January 31, 2020 13:37

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.