She is a Princess

Written in response to: Write a story about a character who’s secretly nobility.... view prompt

0 comments

Bedtime Coming of Age Contemporary

She has always thought that she was born a Princess in the family.

She has two bigger brothers, who is one year older and the other one is six years older than her. Since the day she was born, she was the most precious Princess in the family. In her last name, she is the last and the youngest in her generation. Without knowing why, she became the dearest and beloved kid in her family. When her eldest brother was born, her family was not having enough money for her brother to be fed well. Her parents were just starting a business in a dream that the family could get rich if they became entrepreneurs. They worked very hard and had little time to take care of her eldest brother. He became mal-nutritious and became wild with other naughty kids who taught him many bad habits like lying and bullying others. He was spoiled by giving nothing else but money which her parents earned from work and buying him electronics and computers to play with for his spare time. He didn’t receive a lot of love from parents but having to find entertainment for himself. From that moment, she sometimes really feels for him for being the eldest but not having sufficient love but the greatest expectation from the family. After working from 7am to 11 pm everyday in a year and having little time to rest, her family finally made their way to have a company that was stable and having familiar customers to buy their product and sustain their prosperity. Her family began to realize life could be a little better if they could slow down and enjoyed every moment of their life. They had a lot of pets such as dogs and cats and they had a garden after finishing paying for the mortgage of their first big house, and then her second brother was born and one year later, she was born in the hope of this nice and beautiful family, in the foundation of enormous parental love and material support to her.

Her older brother was a very mild person whose animal sign is a sheep. Her eldest brother’s animal sign is a cow, and her animal sign is a monkey. As you can imagine, she always climbed up to her brothers’ head and shoulders to bully them because she was the youngest and a girl. From school, she had always been having the privileges to enjoy everything beautiful in the hopes from relatives and family. She had every pretty dress, shoes, and accessories. She had the most elite music instruments and she got as many artistic tools as she could get. She had all the time to entertain her family with her creative and imaginative mind with her favourite day dreams. She could draw, paint, play piano and violin, writing calligraphies, writing poetries and short stories, handcrafting, cooking and many other skills that didn’t mean to make money but to entertain people and herself. She could have acquired every interesting things such as learning new languages without thinking about excelling in any of them and became an expert. She never had to think about being a professional in anything as long as she liked it. Her brothers always gave her the best gifts in many occasions. If they bought something new from the outside, they would play with them for a while then gave them to her as well. In the fear of losing things and in the habit of treasuring items, they often hauled a lot of food at home so that she would never be hungry for any reasons. When she was bullied in school, her brothers would stand up for her and bit up those bullies and she felt so proud of them. Even thought her parents were still as busy as usually, she had a lot of dogs which were always loving her and they were having a lot of little puppies almost every year. Her family had never been very quiet because of them. She also got a lot of books from her family, especially those war stories books from her grandparents and great grand parents. She loved history and religions and humanities, throughout her childhood, she had never thought of a moment that this world was evil and having a lot of potential danger as many adults warned her. She thought her life could be this perfect as it would be and it would last forever.

As she aged, she started to notice that there were so many things in life could never be explained but defined as miracles. For example, sometimes it was pure luck that those pair of scissor didn’t drop onto her feet and she didn’t get kidnap by an ugly gangster from the street. She began to wonder about God, and those ancient ghosts her parents had always been worshipping in their front and backyard. Her parents had always been giving them those scented food to them every single day three times. She started to do the same thing and started to think God is really existing in the world with his enormous and selfless love. She felt like a Princess once more as she felt so much love from him and her family. She started to realize that she should show her appreciation for people who were so nice to her, and thank God for giving her such a wonderful life. She started to stop being spoiled and crying for what she had done with silly thoughts. She stopped being willful and started to share what she got. Even thought sometimes she forgot to love herself more and sacrificed herself for other’s happiness, she still believed that, making others happy, could make herself happy as well. She learned about respect, learned about patience to the others, and learned about inclusiveness and mercies toward others. She was so glad that, she was born a human, and a dear Princess in the hopes and dreams of human beings and God. 

She has always been a Princess.

August 06, 2021 21:02

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.