The Turning Point of Destiny

Submitted into Contest #73 in response to: Write about someone who gets proposed to five times on Christmas Eve.... view prompt

1 comment

Romance Friendship Mystery

                                      Title :- The Turning Point of Destiny

Cressida James Smith a young lady of twenty four years was a Managing Director of a large pool of reputed companies situated in U.K. AND SHE WAS IN Edinburgh with a posh, a good Car called Ferrari and also a long retinue of assistants .were there to serve her .When there is a girl of Such a high status and also extraordinary beauty who would be there not to want her. But she would not agree to marry any boy. She had been suffering from hatred against the male gender. In general So many Valentine days had gone and Christmas festivities had passed away and she never accepted any man.

She was also not desiring to marry I haste lest she would find her repenting for a wrong decision. She also did not like to marry in a hurry which may end I a divorce and why and what for to opt for repeated divorces. She was not a cheap sort of woman in any case. The thought of divorce ad repeated marriages never comforted her philosophical vision of a great life..

                     Cressida was also sufficiently worried about her mother health issues. She was badly suffering from Schizophrenia and insomnia. She herself too could not sleep when she saw her walking and just murmuring her pet up feelings. She slept only to get up to see if matter were going on well.

She was used to stay in the balcony in the mid-night and blurted: “How is father so careless rapt deeply in drinking and philandering with street girls with bras almost inviting. HE WAS A LOW LEVEL OF PROSCRIBED SEXUALITY. Her voice would become hoarse of crying and shouted   “Oh dear Lord Jesus

What a hellish life I lead as a daughter. My father damn cares for my mother ….. out dipped in drinking and fucking street girls. I feel shameful to have such a selfish father. Jesus my Lord save this family from Any unexpected calamity. Only you know much better. Save us Jesus! Save us!” ‘How great is this Father a debauchee? I hate him. Get lost out of my way!”

                        When he finally entered the house he would just say a cursory remark;” Darling take care! I’ll come early tomorrow and spend the evening with you. He spoke these words every day but it used to be a false promise. He could not stop himself from his bad habits and he had no soft corner for any one. The time ran fast from months into years and Barnaby never really changed. But sadly other things had Gone a sea-change. The mother of Cressida  expired and she could never have a glance of her husband. Miseries fall when one is surrounded by loneliness. ‘Oh Lord Jesus are men like this who go all evenings for drinks and visiting high class prostitutes’. She could not control herself. is this the man Barnaby James Smith who is a man physically fallen to so shameful state. My father does he have any moral responsibility ? He was merely like a parrot taught to speak, lambasted to all of his sons and daughters to understand clearly that he loved their mother ad eve brought tears of loads and cries of dismay . He lamented with alarming groans ; ‘ Oh Jesus give me her sufferings to me. Let me even die for her.  But as soon as he got even five minutes of privacy he used to mutter right into her ears and taunted; you have been depriving me for my sexual urge and you expect me to remain a bachelor. I have got to go to some girl. You idiot!

This was the sort of experience in the life of Miss Cressida. It gave her a shocking jolt that sent a current of shivering fear whenever a man approached her. She had in her subconscious established a definite prejudice against Man. Gradually Cressida became very adverse to men folks. She formed an indelible stained mark into her heart She thought that men were selfish and their vision extended not beyond a woman’s utility.

                                  She submerged her heart totally in her studies and her career.Shortly after she was appointed  a Managing Director of Pond’s, Glaxo   and Kiwi’s. In   very short time her social status Touched the very sky. She had so wonderful looks that men were capsized headlong into her track but dared not.  for She felt a distaste and could not afford any flexibility towards men She was born in Edinburgh but in her vision she had a large bundle of moral values. She stood apart thoughts wrought.

Her feminist qualities sparkled into the hearts of young men all over U.K. She rejected the bending down appeal of high level boys on Valentine Days too. Many hearts were broken and damaged beyond repair.

                             When next Christmas came she refused several marital offers again. She gained the reputation of ‘no way’ beauty. Despite her indifference to MAN she got the feelings of liking one James Vincent Spencer.  She became tempted to have sex quite a number of times with him. But no sooner he proposed a wedding, she refused him flatly. I cannot marry    any man, not even you. The Christmas came  again ad Cressida postponed any wedding offers. She walked away In a huff The thought did not go out of her mind that Men are the most treacherous creatures that God had ever created..

     “ Then why did you have sex with me?

      “To favour you!

   “Was it not favouring yourself ?

      “ Despite the risk of pregnancy Allowed you.....

      ‘” So you don’t  intend to marry me?

“No men are careless, indifferent and unreliable , Men can never understand the feelings ad sentiments of a woman.”

“Is this your final decision?

‘O.K. Would you wait for me for three years ?

“ Would we meet for sex together ?

“ NO certainly not. You show me your celibacy for three years !

‘You want to test my resistance . Better get lost' Thereafter that boy and Cressida walked their own ways.

   Still another incident happened again during one Christmas of 2020 when a lad without any sort of fear entered her Conference Room and while some decisions on behalf of the companies were being executed. There were almost thirty men and women on the conference table. The rosy cheeks lad went to Cressida  and bowed down with a flower I his hand and proposed for her hand. All THE PEOPLE looked In amazement and wondered what that lad wanted to ?

‘” you young lad  you want to marry me?

“ Yes Ma’am.’

‘BUT I am your mother like”!

“ I want a mother in you. You look as my mother who is not now’”

‘O.K. I WILL BE YOUR MOTHER . But where is your father ?” The lad whistled and his father immediately appeared. He too bent down in love supplication, snatching the same flower from his son.

   Later it was revealed that the lad had been deployed by his father. He wanted to marry her but also knew that Cressida would not agree to marry any man. It was a planned conspiracy without any dishonest intentions. She had seen Mr. Cherry Johnson and had seen him near the school of Jerry and she had seen him as a good father. She thought that a good father must also be a good husband The Marriage WILL Take place  in a Protestant Church on DECEMBER 25th. in Edinburgh. All the readers are invited to join the marriage celebrations. We hope the readers know the exact location of the Protestant Church. Hope to see you all together.

December 24, 2020 16:20

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Elisia Meehan
22:05 Dec 29, 2020

Lucky I'm not the grammer and punctuation police 🚓. I'm joking I love your style but please pay me attention when writing. Capitalize you words. I enjoyed this.

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.