Secured Love

Submitted into Contest #178 in response to: Set your story at a work holiday party,... view prompt

0 comments

Christmas Drama Funny

"Christmas time is here everyone! I hope you all are as excited as I am about our secret Santa gift swap! I've got some refreshments set up on the back table as well as a goodie bag for each of you to grab when you leave. DJ Xtreme is here tonight to set the mood right. So, let's get this party started!", Shelly announced to everyone at the Lions Guard Inc. Christmas party.  As the owner of the  world's most successful security company,  Shelly took pride in hosting her company's annual Christmas parties. She really enjoys spending time with her employees outside of work hours.  The time spent decorating all around the office shows how much joy she has. There were red, green, and silver garlands, tinsel, balloons, snowmen, and Christmas trees. 

        " Wow! Boss lady got it looking really nice in here tonight. Maybe you should take some notes, Martha." Stew said with a smirk on his face.  "You wonder why I can't stand you, Stew.  Then again, no woman on this earth can stand you. That's why you're still single." Martha responded as she proceeded to the refreshment table. Stew shook his head as he laughed off Martha's response and found a table for them to sit. "Stew! How's it going my man?" Rick asked excitingly as he takes a sip of the anonymous Christmas punch Shelly makes every year. "I can't call it, Rick. How are you?" replied Stew as he took a seat across from him.  "I'm doing well, thanks for asking. I'm planning an international getaway to Dubai for the Spring. As soon as I land there, my feet will be planted in the sand and I will be enjoying an adventurous camel ride. I heard the variety of wines and spirits are exquisite there." Rick explained as he stared off into space in his own world.  "I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a blast!" Stew said sarcastically, being that every employee thinks Rick makes up all of his lavish and luxurious stories.  

      Meanwhile, Martha is at the refreshment table trying to decide whether she should partake in Shelly's anonymous Christmas punch or just settle for some water instead. "Why does she have to make this unknown punch every year? There are other drinks at the store that could've been brought." Martha complained in frustration to her coworker Karla.  "You know she has to be in control of everything. From what pens we use to how many staples are in the staplers. Irritates me every time. Let's get some drinks from the vending machine in the break room. " Karla responded. "Now we're talking." Martha said in agreement.  Both ladies started making their way to the break room as Mariah Carey's 'All I Want For Christmas' blasts from the DJ's speakers. 

       "You play some great songs." Shelly yells over the loud music. "Thanks. I try to do my best, you know." DJ Xtreme responded with a smile as he was flipping switches and turning knobs on his turntables. "I want to let you know that I got you a gift for the gift swap so you won't feel left out." Shelly mentioned with eagerness as she plays around with her fingers nervously. "Wow, that's really nice of you!" answered DJ Xtreme. He looked confused as he takes notice of Shelly's nervousness. "Are you feeling ok? Is something bothering you?" DJ Xtreme asked as he presses a button to switch to the next song. "I'm ok. It's just...I've been bottling up these feelings I have inside of me for a long time. I'm afraid I might burst into a million pieces." Shelly explained with a disappointing look. "You should definitely get it off your chest and open up. You might feel better after." DJ Xtreme stated. "I guess you're right. Shelly said as her palms started sweating heavily at the thought of telling DJ Xtreme that she likes him. "Don't be shy at all. You can vent to me, you know. What could go wrong? I promise I wont bite." DJ Xtreme assured Shelly, curious as to what is brewing on her mind. "Well...ok. I've been feeling this way for a while now and...oh, please excuse me, I see one of my employees trying to spike my delicious Christmas punch, again. Frank! You better not put that tequila in my punch!" Shelly yelled as she rushed over to the refreshment table. DJ Xtreme looked disappointed as he turned his attention back to his turntables.  Shelly has grown a crush on him from the first year he performed at her parties. Every time she gets closer to expressing her feelings to him, anxiety takes over and she runs the other way. What Shelly doesn't know is that DJ Xtreme also has a crush on her. This was the moment that he noticed the feelings are mutual between them. 

       Shelly grabs the tequila bottle out of Frank's hand right before any could pour out. "Why do you keep spoiling my fun? I've been meaning to tell you, this punch could use a little kick to it." Frank said looking surprised that his boss caught him attempting to spike her punch. "Why must you try to ruin my punch every year? There's nothing wrong with it. My punch tastes perfectly fine. Go make your own personal drink." Shelly responded in frustration. "Actually, that's a great idea! I'll be right back." Frank said as he's turned back to the refreshment table and started making his own personal drink. Shelly shook her head in disbelief, then made her way towards the break room. 

          The Jackson 5's 'I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus' was blasting from the speakers. "This soda is hitting the spot, girl. I think I might get another one to take home with me." Martha mentioned right before she took another sip. "You got that right. Now that we have these new vending machines, I'm glad we don't have to be stuck to drinking only Shelly's Christmas punch." Karla responded as she sat down at the break room table. "Speaking of our boss, I saw her talking to the DJ earlier. I think she likes him but looks nervous as heck when she talks to him." Martha stated as she took a sip of her drink. "Oh, wow! I didn't notice that at all.  Maybe we should help her. She could really use a man in her life." Karla responded. "I don't know, Karla. I don't be in other peoples business." Martha said. "What business are we talking about ladies? Wait a minute...why are y'all in the break room sneaking and drinking sodas?!  So, yall too good for my Christmas punch?" Shelly asked in shock as she walked into the break room. "Its not like that, Shelly. We really like your punch, it's just that we think there should be a variety of drinks provided for the party. Some people just like variety, that's all." Martha explained as she thought quick to save her and Karla from upsetting their boss. "Well, I never thought of it that way. You do have a point. Nobody wants to drink the same thing every year. From here on out, there will be different varieties of drinks at our parties." Shelly agreed with a smile on her face as she sat down across from Karla at the break room table. "The DJ really got this place jamming, doesn't he?" Shelly asked as she was staring at DJ Xtreme with a smile. "Don't be afraid, Shelly. Go on over there and talk to him. You know you want him to be your man." Karla stated as she stood up to throw her empty bottle of soda away. "How do you know that I like DJ Xtreme?" Shelly asked with a confused look on her face. "Come on! Anybody can see the way that you stare at him and how you pretty much drool all over him when y'all talk." Karla responded. "I guess you're right. Well, here goes nothing. Wish me luck." Shelly stated as she stood up and started making her way towards the DJ booth.

December 31, 2022 04:19

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.